Stumped on Venom 4*

HeyoJayo
HeyoJayo Posts: 75
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
So in my rush to bring my 4* roster up to par, I may have gotten a little overzealous in my pack opening.
I've now gotten 2 X23 covers, as well as a Venom cover that I don't quite have the HP to bring on board.

I should have the points gathered well before my X23 expires, but would anyone argue 1 Venom cover is worth $5-$10 to bring into a lineup? Or just sell for iso? icon_question.gif

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you play pve competitively at all, the game really tries to force you into all the characters for the essentials. personally I'd keep any 4 over the bottom tier 3s like colossus or squirrel. but I haven't played with him much. I know from pve nodes that is yellow is very strong. x23 should be a given, although mainly only for her healing.
  • I probably put about 90% of my effort into PVE

Probably should just donate the cash to have him at the ready for an essential node.

Maybe Deadpool will hear my prayers and land on that 1000HP slot.
    icon_deadpool.pngheropointsbig.pngicon_deadpool.pngheropointsbig.png
  • I'd say, if you're not willing to drop any of your 2*s or 3*s, then drop the Venom. Sure, he'll be essential once in a while, but not enough to justify dropping actual $$$ on him.

You'll probably get another one in due time anyways.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cut 1* venom? I know you have him at 40, but he's not worth keeping long term (especially now that his neat trick with devour has been obliterated). Juggs is the 1* to keep long term (though the recent changes in BoP has knocked him down a peg).

You could also cut one of your 2*s though it would suck to give up a champion.

As a general policy, its worth keeping all 4*s if you play PVE regularly, since you will eventually need them all for essentials.

4* venom in particular is, I think, a mid-tier 4*. His yellow is one of the better active yellows in 4* land, but I don't think his other powers are especially great (note this opinion is based purely on thought experiment as my venom is 0/1/0 and I have never used him in a match).
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    If he cuts venom then he can't even play the 1* DDQ node. Juggs is a much better 1* but doing that eliminates up to 2.5k ISO a day inflow. Personally, I'd dump that 1/0/1 chulk who is useless and slot 4* Venom. It's an upgrade in an undercovered 4* for sure. Then I would collect Juggs covers and replace 1* Venom with Juggs for soloing DDQ.
  • Y'all are awesome..

I'll probably just gather all the HP I can in the next week or so, and spend the 5 to add him.

I've gotta think that Chulk is so terrible, that he's gotta be in line for a makeover at some point. icon_lol.gif

Definitely should have kept Juggs over Venom. Pre-nerf there wasn't much priority to change them up- and it's still no trouble to solo the DDQ. Not sure it's even worth putting the ISO into another 1* to replace.

Thanks for all the thoughts and input!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    If he cuts venom then he can't even play the 1* DDQ node. Juggs is a much better 1* but doing that eliminates up to 2.5k ISO a day inflow. Personally, I'd dump that 1/0/1 chulk who is useless and slot 4* Venom. It's an upgrade in an undercovered 4* for sure. Then I would collect Juggs covers and replace 1* Venom with Juggs for soloing DDQ.

Sure, long term he needs a 1* for ddq. But in the short term it's not the end of the world to drop it for a few days and use the extra roster a float. Losing that iso would suck, especially in the current iso-starved economy. But it's arguably still better than spending real money on HP.