Need advice on leveling a hero or team due to scaling

Options
rafaelagp0
rafaelagp0 Posts: 34
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
My highest level chars are: Kamala Khan 78, Carnage 70 and the whole 2* team of OBW, Daken and Thor at 63.

Thor is fully covered, OBW lacks 2 covers and Daken lacks 1. Should I keep leveling them side by side, a level at a time or should I invest it all on Thor?
I'm wondering if a single lvl94 char is gonna mess up my scaling badly and leave my roster unplayable.

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You might notice a small uptick in scaling if you level Thor ahead of the group but it shouldn't kill you since it is the average of the top characters.

On the other hand, moving the group as a whole gets you in that rhythm to keep doing it which is what you want to do. Work your way up to 94 and then when your 3 stars get up to 94 move them as a group up to the next spot as a group.

This helps you when you hit those heroic events for example. I've felt the scaling pain when my 3 top characters allowed really pump up my scaling and I don't have any support of sufficient level/covers to help out.
  • rafaelagp0
    Options
    yeah, although slower, uping as a group sounds a lot safer. thx, bro
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I vote a group - taking one in front of the rest is mainly for pvp play and you're not going to be doing much there anyway, so I'd stick to leveling the group evenly. thor/obw were my first go-to team that I used in 2* land until I discovered the power of ares.
  • rafaelagp0
    Options
    i ended up going with thor cause i already had another cover to champion him with.
    that being said, i got obw to 80 as of today. i'll be uping her then daken.

new question: when i do have a thor/obw/daken team at max, should i level other max covered 2* or just hoard the iso to use on a softcapped 3* in the near future? cause i got 2* storm fully covered, but i also have 3* storm with 5 covers.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2* storm is pretty important. she is in the discussion among the best 2* characters out there along with obw and ares. all serve different purposes and together probably make the best 2* team that can be fielded. 3* storm is ok in certain situations, but 2* is actually much stronger of a character. her blue might be the single best 2* attack. when you have the covers, 2storm and ares are def worth the iso. with your group, I would add mnmags and axwolvie, and that was my main core of 2*s that I played with. a covered 2* cap can serve a purpose too, even if his red doesn't do much damage. I sold mine before I had my 3* completed and I regretted it.

FYI - popular wisdom around here is 3*s aren't really 'usable' until you get to about 10 covers. that can change somewhat depending on what ability gets covered and who the character is, but generally true. I would not worry about that 5-cover mostorm until you get several more for her. her key covers are black and green, so even if you have 5 yellow, 2 black and 2 green - those 9 covers really aren't going to play very well at all.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Take your first 3 up in a group, then take others up individually.

This advice applies to the 3* transition as well.
  • rafaelagp0
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    2* storm is pretty important. she is in the discussion among the best 2* characters out there along with obw and ares. all serve different purposes and together probably make the best 2* team that can be fielded. 3* storm is ok in certain situations, but 2* is actually much stronger of a character. her blue might be the single best 2* attack. when you have the covers, 2storm and ares are def worth the iso. with your group, I would add mnmags and axwolvie, and that was my main core of 2*s that I played with. a covered 2* cap can serve a purpose too, even if his red doesn't do much damage. I sold mine before I had my 3* completed and I regretted it.

FYI - popular wisdom around here is 3*s aren't really 'usable' until you get to about 10 covers. that can change somewhat depending on what ability gets covered and who the character is, but generally true. I would not worry about that 5-cover mostorm until you get several more for her. her key covers are black and green, so even if you have 5 yellow, 2 black and 2 green - those 9 covers really aren't going to play very well at all.

hm, so finish obw, then focus on 2* storm and mags afterwards.
    haven't got many ares covers unfortunely ;/ and i did not meant to say that a MoStorm with 5 covers was usable but on the way to being.
    thx once more for the input, TxMoose.