Black deck and reverse card bounce

Options
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that with 30 Loyalty and a high level black deck, you can burn two of your cards with Corrupt and then return them from the graveyard to the field using your raise dead ability...

Example:
I have 4 cards in my hand, the last two being Hangarback Walker and Fetid Imp. I use Corrupt, destroying the two cards and sending them to my graveyard. Next turn, I cast Raise Dead, 'returning' both cards to the field.

Yes, it's intensive on Loyalty but at rank 2 Raise Dead, you can get 2 Hangarback Walkers by just spending loyalty.

Comments

• Yes you can.

It's even easier than that though, you can corrupt for 6 to discard a creature, then dark calling it back for only 9 mana regardless of creature cost
  • paralistalon
    Options
    Even easier still! You can Corrupt for 3 if you have a low level Liliana! That means you have a good chance of putting a bomb into play on your second or third turn if you have Dark Petition in your opening hand.

I've been hoping so hard to pull an Erobos or Hangarback Walker so I can have something better than Kothophed to reanimate! I hope they don't nerf this combo... it's not like you end up pulling this off every game.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's always great to learn that lower level planeswalkers than yours can do things that you can't, and there's no way to bust your levels back down again icon_e_wink.gif
  • WOW, I didn't know this was even possible! And here I was, beginning to think that Erebos was a bit of a trophy wife, costs too much & just looks good in your deck.
  • shteev wrote:
    It's always great to learn that lower level planeswalkers than yours can do things that you can't, and there's no way to bust your levels back down again icon_e_wink.gif

Really, you should have the option of playing at any level you have attained.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really being higher level should be strictly better than being lower level.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really being higher level should be strictly better than being lower level.
    Yes it would fix this nonsense... I kept my walker low lvl for a while then I decided to lvl up to play the game better(more mana gain=bigger cards affordable).
    The gameplay improved. Maybe would have been better for ranking/rune farm to keep it lower but it is a game, is meant to be funny first of it all icon_e_wink.gif
    Also I can get n 1 rank anyways if I want icon_razz.gif