Popularity of different planeswalkers in QuickBattles

Options
I notice that whereas before 1.3, one found oneself playing an endless sequence of Nissas, this has stopped. I haven't been counting, but my impression is that I draw Chandra and Jace as opponents most frequently, then Nissa and Liliana, and Gideon least often. Just as well if it is true, as has been reported, that it is when playing against Gideon that the game crashes.

I have also noticed on one occasion the same player name (nice touch that) come up. I have been wondering if your "opponent" deck always comes from your own bracket or from anywhere. If anywhere, the chances of drawing the same opposing deck twice must be minute.

Comments

• raidan
    raidan Posts: 128
    Options
    It would be nice if the game added all 5 of your decks into the mix. This would create more variety in quick battles.
  • Does anyone know how they choose which of your decks to use? Because I know I've seen two different PW decks from the same user in my bracket.

If they did implement something like this I wonder if it is the (or one of) the causes for the game instability.
  • kore wrote:
    Does anyone know how they choose which of your decks to use? Because I know I've seen two different PW decks from the same user in my bracket.

If they did implement something like this I wonder if it is the (or one of) the causes for the game instability.

99% sure it is the last deck they used
  • Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of Liliana (who I never saw before) and Gideon. I'm also now playing with a level 14 Gideon (from level 43 Chandra), so make of that what you will.
  • I main Gideon myself even though since the update it's nowhere near ss good. I personally have seen a lot of Nissa and Jace decks. I figure Nissadecks arepeople whi haven't bought/are too lazy to change decks. Third most (and probably just my bracket) is Gideon, followed by Lilianna and Chandra. Jace I can understand, probably the most overpowered of the PW's lol.
  • I main Gideon myself even though since the update it's nowhere near ss good. I personally have seen a lot of Nissa and Jace decks. I figure Nissadecks arepeople whi haven't bought/are too lazy to change decks. Third most (and probably just my bracket) is Gideon, followed by Lilianna and Chandra. Jace I can understand, probably the most overpowered of the PW's lol.

I mained Jace before and after 1.3, though I went from a denial-bounce deck to a strict denial deck with lots of draw/on-draw cards. But then I acquired Animist's Awakening and main Nissa now.
  • aesith
    aesith Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Probably equal on all except Chandra who is much less used.
  • I mostly used Chandra and Nissa in QuickBattles. Cause these two Planewalkers don't need too much Mythic cards in their deck. In other words, both Red and Green Mythics are mostly bad, or not necessary. I don't need Avaricious Dragon, Zendikar Incarnate or Woodland Bellower to be competitive.

White also doesn't need any Mythic, but I didn't have Knight of the White Orchid or Relic Seeker. Comparing to Blue, needs the most important Mythic: Harbringer of the Tides (and I didn't have this card).

Green and Red also have good card drawing / filtering (Nissa's ability, and Magmatic Insight, discarding your useless Demolish was very good). And both get "mana ramp", Nissa has the best ramp card (Nissa's Pilgrimage, especially after 1.3 balance) in the game. And her first ability is both drawing AND ramp. I used Volcanic Rambler in Red deck to ramp: efficiency and smoothing your mana, great cascade potential, let you more easily cast bigger creature.

Blue and Black didn't have good ramp. Though they got pretty good drawing engine. White didn't draw or ramp. (though White had the best combat control ability).

I would like to try Liliana, I like her 1st and 3rd ability. But my lack of Despoiler of Souls hurts a lot. And I still didn't know how to play her well.
  • What you draw as an opponent, and what people are actually playing with, are two different things.
  • Meeting of the Minds I played as Chandra and met mostly Chandra and Jace. Primal Grudge i played as Jace and met mostly Jace/Nissa, and some Liliana. Currently I am playing Nissa and meeting mostly Nissa ...