Seriously a Thor tourney?

Comments

• cain84 wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    THANKS DEVS YOU ****.

Only have yourself to blame. You get 250 HP from tournament prizes but can't be arsed to spend 100 HP.

I shouldn't have to. I shouldn't have to spend HP to guarantee placement. That's a stupid mechanic. I was in 2nd by over 50 points with 3 minutes to go. I shouldn't drop over 100 points in 3 minutes, especially when I can't gain more than 20 at a time.
  • jozier wrote:
    cain84 wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    THANKS DEVS YOU ****.

Only have yourself to blame. You get 250 HP from tournament prizes but can't be arsed to spend 100 HP.

I shouldn't have to. I shouldn't have to spend HP to guarantee placement. That's a stupid mechanic. I was in 2nd by over 50 points with 3 minutes to go. I shouldn't drop over 100 points in 3 minutes, especially when I can't gain more than 20 at a time.

That's the nature of the game and has been for a couple of weeks now. Instead of adapting, you choose to go against the flow and complain when you don't get rewards.
  • cain84 wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    THANKS DEVS YOU ****.

250?

Placement gets you 100, 500 points gets you 50 and 1000 points, if that were obtainable under the current structure, gets you 50. That's 200, but realistically no one is getting more than 150. That means you can shield for 3 hours out of 60 before the game drops in to pay to win territory.
  • That's for his case. 50 HP for BWGS he doesn't need, 50 for progression and 100 for placement. My bad. 200 HP.
  • Passed into #1 with 2 minutes left with about 700 and instantly shielded. I'm happy with the widow covers and IW
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Cant get over how fast you'll get hit after you drop your shields. Top 15 instead of top 5 cause of insta hit.
  • Joined in the last 50 min, placed top 45, got the last gsw cover I needed, pretty stoked.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    What a disaster. My day shield which I put into place at exactly 12:10 am yesterday, unshielded me at 11:50pm today. So I lost 159 points in an instant.

Not a huge deal except for the waste of 400 HP.
    You should support ticket that, if you're reasonably sure of the times. They have logs and, if I were them, I'd refund the full cost of a shield if it went down early, because why would you be checking for that if you knew when it was due to expire? 20 minutes or two hours, you've still been hammered after paying not to be. Of course, I'm not them, but it can't hurt to try.
  • I am more and more of the opinion that shields should not exist.
  • Veracity wrote:
    You should support ticket that, if you're reasonably sure of the times. They have logs and, if I were them, I'd refund the full cost of a shield if it went down early, because why would you be checking for that if you knew when it was due to expire? 20 minutes or two hours, you've still been hammered after paying not to be. Of course, I'm not them, but it can't hurt to try.

Yea, I already did.
  • Jester Day wrote:
    I am more and more of the opinion that shields should not exist.

Me too. I don't mind paying a couple bucks for some piece of mind over night or to get me over the hump for the next big progression reward, but with the speed that you lose points when you're unshielded, they became a pay to win mechanic really quickly. Once you reach about 650 points, paying to not play the game is the best way to win.
  • Was forced to shield 15 minutes before the tourney ended, checked back a minute before it ended. Someone had matched my score at 5th place exactly, bumping me down to 6th =(

What a horrible tiebreak system, the person who got there last wins, cost me a green cover I really needed. UGH. Hopefully she isn't the ONLY SOURCE OF DAMAGE IN AN EVENT AGAIN SOON
  • Waggon wrote:
    Was forced to shield 15 minutes before the tourney ended, checked back a minute before it ended. Someone had matched my score at 5th place exactly, bumping me down to 6th =(

What a horrible tiebreak system, the person who got there last wins, cost me a green cover I really needed. UGH. Hopefully she isn't the ONLY SOURCE OF DAMAGE IN AN EVENT AGAIN SOON

lol you and me pal... my score got beaten when i go out this morning... sadly couldnt focus today got many things to do :/
  • jozier wrote:
    **** **** ****. Didn't shield, kept trying to go for 600. Hit for -130 in the last 10 minutes alone.

Hope I stayed in the top #5 gah didn't want to waste stupid HP and make these sadistic devs happy, the ****.

jozier wrote:
    UGH

Top 15 finish. Sold two BWGS covers. ****. I wanted that green so badly. I might even just buy it now with my HP stash since I'm getting my 4th green from daily rewards.

THANKS DEVS YOU ****.

jozier wrote:
    Because you have nothing. The devs have stated repeatedly that there will be a respec system. So far they've put their money where their mouths are with other upcoming changes. So STFU, you whine about literally every single thing that happens in this game.
  • cain84 wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    THANKS DEVS YOU ****.

What? Can you please breakdown where you're getting that number from? You get 50 HP at 400. This tournament (like most others) was ... like trying to drown an ocean. Fight and win for 19 points, lose 33. Fight and win for 22 points, lose twice for a loss of 55 points. The point system is just so entirely screwed up.

Who wants to spend HP to shield and then not play at the end of a tournament? People want to PLAY THE DAMN GAME.
  • jozier wrote:
    cain84 wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    THANKS DEVS YOU ****.

I shouldn't drop over 100 points in 3 minutes, especially when I can't gain more than 20 at a time.

HEAR THAT DEVS!???? Just in case you didn't see it, I'll help you out and make it really big for you.

"I shouldn't drop over 100 points in 3 minutes, especially when I can't gain more than 20 at a time"
  • They heard it alright 1000 times over from hundreds of distinct posters.
  • Wrong. They didn't hear it once.

Selective hearing. All they heard was blah blah blah.
  • I just don't get why it is so hard to recognize they just not WANT it any other way.
  • I was lucky enough to finish #1 in my bracket for the Thor tournament and got 4 covers, IW, + 3 x BWGS and all the coins that go with that, but in so doing I managed to sneak my head above 700 only once to then see that I'd been attacked by 6 people with a net loss which brought me back down to 652. icon_eek.gif

I thought man, what's the point, and shielded myself for 3 hours knowing that the contest would end in only 1 hour (where's the 1 hour shield D3?) and I was lucky enough to have stayed up watching Seattle dismantle Denver in the Superbowl, but fell asleep soon as it finished and woke up to see #1 status still intact with 2nd place having 650pts.

However, I have to agree with other posters that when you enter into a pvp battle is it fair that you can be attacked by so many other players at once???? Can't you restrict this in some way so that you're not going to come off worse for going into a fight yourself?

You may as well say that for entering this fight the reward is a combination of +30 - (12+15+21+38+17+19+14) = -96 points lost. If you tell us this at the start before we go in then maybe we'd think twice about attacking just because we'll get ganged up on while we're doing a 1 vs 1.

It's not fair to lose so many points this way and you obviously know this as you introduced the shields because of this, but still it isn't right to have that happen and as one person said, you'll only get back 11 points for retaliation fight when you've lost so many.