Moon Knight (Marc Spector)

geno685
geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
edited February 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
Moon Knight is one of my favorite marvel characters and should definitely be in this game. He is such a good character to use because he can do a lot of different tasks. This is the first character I created so let me know your thoughts good or bad.

1462846-20126_3052_22455_1_moon_knight_super.jpg

Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
4* character
Blue/Green/Black
Max Health: 15,573

blueflag.png Trip Up-8ap: Moon Knight uses his truncheon’s grappling hook to entangle the enemy and interrogate them. Stuns enemy team for 1 turn and steals 3 ap of the enemy’s strongest color
Level 2: Stuns enemy team for 1 turn and steals 3 ap of the enemy’s strongest color. Also does 235 damage to enemy team
Level 3: Stuns enemy team for 1 turn and steals 4 ap of the enemy’s strongest color. Also does 350 damage to enemy team
Level 4: Stuns enemy team for 2 turns and steals 4 ap of the enemy’s strongest color. Also does 595 damage to enemy team
Level 5: Stuns enemy team for 2 turns and steals 5 ap of the enemy’s strongest color. Also does 765 damage to enemy team
Max Level
Level 3: Stuns enemy team for 1 turn and steals 4 ap of the enemy’s strongest color. Also does 860 damage to enemy team
Level 4: Stuns enemy team for 2 turns and steals 4 ap of the enemy’s strongest color. Also does 1234 damage to enemy team
Level 5: Stuns enemy team for 2 turns and steals 5 ap of the enemy’s strongest color. Also does 2168 damage to enemy team

greenflag.png Expert Marksman-(Passive): An expert marksman and master of any weapon, Moon Knight knows how to turn a battle in his favor. Any time a power is fired, Moon Knight creates a strength 50 strike tile
Level 2: Any time a power is fired, Moon knight creates a strength 73 strike tile
Level 3: Any time a power is fired, Moon knight creates a strength 110 strike tile, plus creates a strength 34 protect tile
Level 4: Any time a power is fired, Moon knight creates a strength 140 strike tile, plus creates a strength 55 protect tile
Level 5: Any time a power is fired, Moon knight creates a strength 180 strike tile, plus creates a strength 75 protect tile and steals 2 random AP from enemy team
Max Level
Level 3: Any time a power is fired, Moon knight creates a strength 170 strike tile, plus creates a strength 61 protect tile
Level 4: Any time a power is fired, Moon knight creates a strength 210 strike tile, plus creates a strength 79 protect tile
Level 5: Any time a power is fired, Moon knight creates a strength 262 strike tile, plus creates a strength 106 protect tile and steals 2 AP from a random color from enemy team

blackflag.png Mind Is Master of Body (Passive): Moon Knights multiple personalities make him unstable and untrustworthy. At the beginning of his turn, if one doesn’t exist, Moon Knight places a 2 turn black countdown tile. When the countdown tile is destroyed it deals 704 damage to Moon Knight, stuns him for 3 turns and creates a strength 85 enemy attack tile.
Level 2:At the beginning of his turn, if one doesn’t exist, Moon Knight places a 2 turn black countdown tile. When the countdown tile is destroyed it deals 667 damage to Moon Knight, stuns him for 3 turns and creates a strength 85 enemy attack tile.
Level 3:At the beginning of his turn, if one doesn’t exist, Moon Knight places a 2 turn black countdown tile. When the countdown tile is destroyed it deals 498 damage to Moon Knight, stuns him for 3 turns and creates a strength 75 enemy attack tile.
Level 4:At the beginning of his turn, if one doesn’t exist, Moon Knight places a 2 turn black countdown tile. When the countdown tile is destroyed it deals 435 damage to Moon Knight, stuns him for 3 turns and creates a strength 65 enemy attack tile.
Level 5:At the beginning of his turn, if one doesn’t exist, Moon Knight places a 3 turn black countdown tile. When the countdown tile is destroyed it deals 350 damage to Moon Knight, stuns him for 2 turns and creates a strength 55 enemy attack tile.
Max Level
Level 3:At the beginning of his turn, if one doesn’t exist, Moon Knight places a 2 turn black countdown tile. When the countdown tile is destroyed it deals 986 damage to Moon Knight, stuns him for 3 turns and creates a strength 98 enemy attack tile.
Level 4:At the beginning of his turn, if one doesn’t exist, Moon Knight places a 2 turn black countdown tile. When the countdown tile is destroyed it deals 810 damage to Moon Knight, stuns him for 3 turns and creates a strength 83 enemy attack tile.
Level 5:At the beginning of his turn, if one doesn’t exist, Moon Knight places a 3 turn black countdown tile. When the countdown tile is destroyed it deals 598 damage to Moon Knight, stuns him for 2 turns and creates a strength 68 enemy attack tile.

Comments

• LOOKS GREAT GENO! IM HOPING FOR MOON KNIGHT ALSO
  • awef
    awef Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Nice kit. I like "Trip-Up". It does a lot for its cost and compensates for only have 2 passives. Probably steals a bit too much AP for costing only 8 AP. The second passive, if like Carnage's, might drive people crazy. However, they would make a great team. It could be broken with Star-Lord's Yellow and Devil Dinosaur's Pink, and if you use "Trip-Up" the enemy team would never get a turn off. Hence, the combination of AP steals and the low cost team stun makes the character too strong. The third passive could probably counteracted if "Trip-Up" is used when the countdown is 1, assuming the AI doesn't match it. But overall, great job on designing Moon Knight. Keep up the good work!
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Not a bad build.

Trip up is good.

I think the AP steal on Expert Marksman is a bit much. The power would be fine without it--and honestly probably way too good against Goons like thugs that fire powers all the time--so it seems like unnecessary complexity. But if you really like it I'd say cut the strength of the Strikes or have it only fire if less than x (4-5) friendly strikes exist.

I've got issues with Mind is Master of Body. It does nothing useful! It's terrible. Powers can have drawbacks but occasionally matching black at the start of his turn isn't close to worth the pain of managing this power. As is he's a level 229 5/5/0, until players feel like championing him, but as is they mostly wouldn't. And woe to the player who draws a singleton black. "Yay, I have this guy... who just sucks."

You need to combine the drawback with an advantage. Let him heal 1-2k when he matches the tile, or something. It's still kind of awful but then at least it has utility.
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Thanks for the feedback so far guys, i admit the ap stealing is a bit op and that the black needs something to make it useful. As i said before it was my first time creating a character and i don't fully comprehend how moves should scale and stuff like that but i still like the basic premise of what each move does and how it represents moon knight
  • awef
    awef Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Don't worry about numbers and scaling. They can always be adjusted later. It's about being creative and having fun. As long as your design makes sense and is reasonable, you should be fine. It's nice to read other peoples' creations. My idea for Moon Knight would totally be different.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok, I at first misread his black power and thought it stunned the enemy. Since you are only stealing AP from enemy strongest color I think this is a very reasonable build! Good job, looks fun and I love the color scheme.