Champs or 4*?

Options
Magic
Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Hi,

Another ISO question here. I have already 17 3* Championed (and Cage is waiting for the cover to be 18th). The rest sits between 153 and 120 in terms of levels and all are perfectly covered (IM40 needs one cover icon_e_wink.gif).

On the other hand I only have Hulkbuster (lvl 250), Thoress (230), Wolverine (200, need black cover), IW (168) and Nick Fury (168) fully covered. I have DPXF at 162 (4-4-3, can be lvl 229), IceMan at 148 (3-4-4, can be 229), Kingpin at 168 (2-2-5, can be 188) and Cyclops at 109 (4-2-2, can be 168). Jean (2-2-4) and RHulk (3-3-2) lack the covers to level them. Others I have but consider ISO waste more than the 3* so I won't even consider putting iso into them (unless I can bring them couple of levels for a better chance at DDQ).

My question is - should I use ISO to bring up the rest of the 3* army (22 toons) or focus on leveling 4* up. The championing LT is my only source of LT at the moment as I can't stand playing PvE (i just can't force myself to grind for LT for couple of weeks now). But the iso has to come from somewhere...

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It looks like you have a limited chance to open a cover for a 4* that is maxed but it could happen. So I would suggest build up a nice chunk of ISO so that you can use some towards championing a 3* for the LT and still have a good amount left over in case you pull one of those covers. That way you aren't scrambling for ISO to max that 4* before the cover expires.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    IMO it doesn't make sense to spend a bunch of ISO on a bunch of 3* characters that are going to sit useless on your roster. Not when you could instead spend that ISO on a 4* character that has utility. The addition of 1 more LT from that champion is not worth it - especially considering how much easier it will be to earn LTs with more maxed 4* characters.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't see any rush to get those legendaries. They'll still be there whenever you decide to bring up the 3*. Focus on leveling the fourstars you have for now.
  • Magic
    Options
    Thanks for the input.

I will bring up Ice-man and deadpool first as they are bit bellow the average. After that - it will be a slow rise up to the top (hopefully with some new covers for them).
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Championing all 3* is a short term gain that hinders your progress. Once you have your core 3* maxed and championed, you should be concentrating on your 4*.

Don't worry about selling those extra 3* covers, these are fuel for your 4* levels. They come around often enough anyway. What hurts more is if you had to sell any 4* duplicate covers because they aren't maxed and championed yet. Remember it takes over 350k in iso to fully level a 4*. If you decided to champion all your 3*, you also lose the iso you would have earned from selling low tier 3* covers (since you'll be levelling them instead. Also any 4* covers you earn here may be wasted if your 4* is maxed coverd but not max levelled). It just makes it that much tougher to level your 4*.

It takes a month to save enough iso for a 4* and you'll be earning more 4* covers along the way. You'll eventually end up with having too many 4* sitting at 13 covers with no iso to level them. So start saving as early as you can and ignore the temptation to champion the other 3*. Once you have the main 4* maxed, you can always come back to them. They aren't going anywhere.
  • Magic
    Options
    Thank Pongie.

That's what I've decied to do (especially since my post I got some extra covers for both Iceman and Deadpool).

I have another call to make - should I max and champion my Hulkbuster (he is lvl 255, I have 3 covers from Galactus waiting and the iso saved) or rather bring up Ice and Deadpool. My issue with leveling Iceman is that he doesn't play that well with Hulkbuster. I get the stun but that is it - his purple is useless with Buster and not having iron fist slows down the big hitter even more.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic wrote:
    Thank Pongie.

That's what I've decied to do (especially since my post I got some extra covers for both Iceman and Deadpool).

I have another call to make - should I max and champion my Hulkbuster (he is lvl 255, I have 3 covers from Galactus waiting and the iso saved) or rather bring up Ice and Deadpool. My issue with leveling Iceman is that he doesn't play that well with Hulkbuster. I get the stun but that is it - his purple is useless with Buster and not having iron fist slows down the big hitter even more.
    Hulkbuster is an excellent first 4* to max. You can start Fistbusting immediately and then proceed to Jeanbusting, Icebusting or whatever suits your fancy later. If you use Hulkbuster a lot there's no reason not to champion him.
  • Magic
    Options
    I use it all the time. I am a bit worried about scaling effect (or rather matchmaking in PvP where I still avoid the wall of maxed teams while sporting a fistbuster 255-171 and being able to deal with most of them in no time). But I think I will not hold myself back and just pump the iso into him and then IceMan as soon as I can (he is 3-4-5 but i think his 4 turn stun is nothing to be ashamed of in PvP).
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iceman was my second 4* I maxed (only yesterday) and he does play well with IMHB. They don't synergise but hey, the only overlap is blue and that's the worst ability on IMHB anyway. Bring a good yellow user and you're set.
  • Magic
    Options
    I have now championed Hulkbuster (3 covers were tempting enough) and I still like him better with Ironfist than with my Iceman (not only blue overlap where it's no brainer to use Ice but also his purple killing the red plus I still have only 4 blue for Ice). Anyway - i can roll Fistbuster and pair Ice with Scarlet - that pair works rather fine as well.