Now Giving 3 Ribbons Per Quick Battle Win?

EDHdad
EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
It looks like the Quick Battles are now giving 3 ribbons per win, no matter the rank of your planeswalker, or the rank of the opposing planeswalker.

It appears that you still get 50 - 250 runes per win, probably at the same rate as normal.

If so, then this is great news, because I can play a level 50 planeswalker that I really like in the Quick Battles, and not some low-level scrub that I never bothered to rank up.

I really appreciate that the developers would take the time to listen to our feedback and find an elegant solution to improve the game. Thank you!

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975
    I would appreciate an official reply from devs on this subject since I stopped leveling my pwalkers as soon as I found out the disadvantage in having full lvl ones.
    This way I could go back to lvl them again improving the game experience
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Sorry for the lack of communication - this was a quick hotfix we did yesterday to temporarily address the issue of having low level Planeswalkers getting more potential ribbons than high level ones.

So yes, now every single fight will give you 3. We have another system in the works for our next minor version, but for now it's a temporary band-aid on the problem.
  • Sorry for the lack of communication - this was a quick hotfix we did yesterday to temporarily address the issue of having low level Planeswalkers getting more potential ribbons than high level ones.

So yes, now every single fight will give you 3. We have another system in the works for our next minor version, but for now it's a temporary band-aid on the problem.

Thank you, JC, for addressing the issue so quickly and acknowledging the flaw. Looking forward to a fix that doesn't discourage leveling PWs.
  • Possible suggestion for the future:

Reward people for not healing between battles and continuing on streaks of wins. Add a multiplier between certain intervals of wins as well. I thought of how Dragon's Crown handled this between advancing through dungeons (PSVita/PS3), and the system is amazing.

Thanks!
  • Since 3 ribbons are a flat line of rewards for a win then why not just have a ribbon per win, thus you'd be able to easily tell a nuber of battles someone had (without additional math icon_razz.gif )
    In fact, why focus on ribbons in the first place? Before 1.3 the ranking simply stated # of victories a player had, which was all that was needed.
    Also. Why not use "losses" as tie breakers such as if 2 players have 10 wins each but one of them 's got 2 losses while the other got 5 then the first one wins. Just an idea.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to 1.2 ?

1.1 rough draft
    1.2 draft
    1.3 final version

???

Haha
  • To answer the "why is it 3" question, it is likely because the fix was done halfway through the white quick battle, when people had already abused the system to get multiple ribbons per win.

Since the average win is something like 2-3 ribbons if you're cheesing it, they gave everyone 3 per win to help even it out.

If they gave everyone 1 then the people that had 70 wins at level 50 would never catch up to those with 70 wins at level 5.
  • True.

Though for the next reset they might as well take out the ribbon system completely.
  • VladG0015 wrote:
    True.

Though for the next reset they might as well take out the ribbon system completely.

I agree.