**** Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) ****

Options

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    The hint and skillset goes toward another Spider variation, probably Spider-Gwen...

I got to say that I'm disappointed and sick of spiders. I would rather see villains from the spider-verse, than shallow variations from alternate dimensions. I mean, Spider-Gwen concept is really cheesy... What's next ? Spider-Aunt May? I rather play with plain old Mary Jane Watson than Spider-Gwen. At least she is hot as hell. Face it, Tiger!

That being said, I would like to see Mysterio, The Lizard, Sandman, The Shocker , Rhino, a goblin variant (Hob Goblin or Green Goblin) or any other POPULAR villain/character from spider-verse. I didn't grow up with Spider-Gwen, and I find her lame in comparison with the mentioned characters. Anyway, that's just my opinion...

Don't worry! Up next we'll have Ben Reilly, Superior Spiderman, Iron Spider, Spiderman 2099, Spiderwoman, Six-Arm Spiderman, Silk, and Toxin! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Funny thing is, Silk shows up in other mobile games, so it's a distinct possibility that she'll end up in this game as well. That's been the trend. Sometimes, Demiurge gets first stab at a character licensed to mobile games. Sometimes, it's "Contest of heroes" etc.. But if you look at marvel.com's game news, you'll notice a fairly consistent trend.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm fine with Spider-Verse characters, but not any more Spider-man Variations. Technically Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) or (Julia Carpenter) I wouldn't consider from the spiderverse even though Spider is attached to their name. I would rather see other characters like White Tiger, Lizard, Mysterio especially since he ties in with Old Man Logan, I could see an Toxin incoming, and we def need Black Cat (Felicia Hardy). As far as other things concerned I'm sure the release of spidey characters is due to Civil War movie coming out and Spider-Man being a big deal both popularity and money wise.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's interesting to me that this looks similar to the changes people have been requesting for 3* Spider-man, except instead of removing the heal to add a damaging attack, they removed the protect tiles and switched stun to purple. Poor Spidey; all his progeny are getting so big, and all he gets is a dainty table to perch upon.
  • kyrain
    kyrain Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    n25philly wrote:
    kyrain wrote:
    10/10 would much rather see Gwenpool than Spider-Gwen

Just when you think Marvel has peaked on creating lame characters these two come along to prove there is always another level. It's a shame that the 4* level is getting loaded up with lame replacement character after another. Wonder what it's going to be like in a year or two when these characters dissapear from the comics

That makes me happy that I was being sarcastic. lol
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Everyone who does not want it to be a spider whomever just think about how many character specific tiles are out there. This is going to be spider Gwen who has been popping up in other marvel games too. She will pair really well with other spiders like black suite 6 purple and 6 blue is going to hurt. MM web tiles everywhere!! Even 3* Spiderman with 2 stuns available and different active powers. Venom will even play well with this character. Then there is Carnage who has a really powerful cheep red, and if his green does damage off of web tiles it might not be bad. Gwen throws out web tiles and carnage spams attack tiles for Carnage to destroy. Gwen can then heal everyone so they can take more damage from Carnage.

Don't forget that they'll probably pair really well with Star Lord!
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Everyone who does not want it to be a spider whomever just think about how many character specific tiles are out there. This is going to be spider Gwen who has been popping up in other marvel games too. She will pair really well with other spiders like black suite 6 purple and 6 blue is going to hurt. MM web tiles everywhere!! Even 3* Spiderman with 2 stuns available and different active powers. Venom will even play well with this character. Then there is Carnage who has a really powerful cheep red, and if his green does damage off of web tiles it might not be bad. Gwen throws out web tiles and carnage spams attack tiles for Carnage to destroy. Gwen can then heal everyone so they can take more damage from Carnage.

Don't forget that they'll probably pair really well with Star Lord!

- Who?
    - Star-Lord man, legendary outlaw...guys?
    - Move!
    - Ah forget this
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    We already have a d-list spidervariant in Miles, spider-gwen is a status even lower, so that would be a ridiculous choice.

Hopefully it's actually one of Spiderman's impressive rogues, maybe that one that's based off of an animal.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    20three wrote:
    Hopefully it's actually one of Spiderman's impressive rogues, maybe that one that's based off of an animal.

Frog-Man confirmed.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Man-Spider
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree this is probably another spider off shoot....WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like they teased us with Nova and then went right back to lame-**** characters that they are trying to promote in the comics

So you're just bias because you like nova because that particular nova is ENTIRELY from All new all different marvel.

What are you even whining about?

It's not as if this is anywhere near the only 4 star character to collect.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If it's SpiderGwen, it will be the second MPQ character that isn't in the main Marvel Universe -- the first being Old Man Logan.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If it's SpiderGwen, it will be the second MPQ character that isn't in the main Marvel Universe -- the first being Old Man Logan.

Actually due to various shenanigans old man logan is in the main marvel universe now
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    and spider gwen dimension hops
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree this is probably another spider off shoot....WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like they teased us with Nova and then went right back to lame-**** characters that they are trying to promote in the comics....I'd be wiling to bet all 4 of my Cho covers (wow he sucks) that on all their "request" links about who people want to see she wasn't even in the top 20....but i agree with some of these other posts, if you HAD to use a spidey person, why not a villain? Kraven or Mysterio may have caused a crash on this site from all the cheers....total swing and miss on this one....
    Just to prove your point I am going to try my Cho in BOP. He is currently 4,3,4 at level 70
  • QuippOO
    Options
    I mean if you want to do obscure, marginal, Spider-verse characters I say go whole hog and bring on Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Corven Ren
    Options
    I too am getting tired of all the Spider-Man and or Wolverine variants. Would much rather see them add Nightcrawler, Gambit, Winter Soldier and also give us Drax to finish off the Guardians of the Galaxy. For some new villains how about Abomination, Leader, Mole Man or any of the above mentioned Spider-Man villains.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spider-Man has always been my favorite comic character, so I'm not tiring of the recent Spideylanch of characters. However, I wish they'd design a powerful Spidey for once. Shoot, Cyclops has two variants in the game and they're arguably two of the games strongest characters in their rarity class. Why can't a more popular character like Spidey be designed to rock?!

As for the need for more Spider-villains...yes, we need more. It's ridiculous that at this point in the game we have neither Green Goblin (or his variants which include Hobgoblin) or Kraven the Hunter; trap tiles would be perfect for Kraven! Electro would also be welcomed with open arms.

Villains in general are sorely represented within the game. Honestly, I've never been a Cap fan, but how is The Red Skull missing from MPQ? He's one of the older and nasty villains that Marvel's created over the years.

For what it's worth, this character looks like Spider-Gwen to me.
  • It's Gwen...the story is already up and everything..
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,983 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    guessing RED will be top 10

hopefully GREEN top 100