76-200 Various Wolverine (Astonishing Xmen) covers

--- /// ---

Prog rewards:

300 - Heroic
500 - 50 HP
700 - Captain America (WOAH)
1000+ - Who are we kidding?

Comments

• If I choose to participate I guess I'll finish my Hood off (currently 5/4/2).
  • Would love to finish off the black covers for my Hood but loving the Wolvie placement rewards. My rebuild should be at 2/5/2 when this tourney is finished.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    First yellow hood inc, blue is at 5 already -.- 0/5/2

So not joining it today though.

The prize pictures for the Hood are messed up, it shows yellow on all 3 tiers. But the bottom should be yellow based on power order and it doesn't even mention yellow power on the 16-45 range, just Classic the hood.

Id prefer it if you got 3 yellow covers for 1-5 hah.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    So there will be a Hood event soon (not LR). Or maybe TaT again.
  • Really only need yellow do top 45 should be doable without pressure or too much effort.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would love to finish off the black covers for my Hood but loving the Wolvie placement rewards. My rebuild should be at 2/5/2 when this tourney is finished.

I aimed at 46-75 in the Best There Is to get some Thor covers and ended up being pushed up into 16-45 for a purple Spidey cover. Can't really complain, since I needed one of those anyway. I guess I'll do the same for this one - three new Wolvie covers would be great, but if I pick up another yellow cover for Hood, well that's pretty cool too.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    The prize pictures for the Hood are messed up, it shows yellow on all 3 tiers. But the bottom should be yellow based on power order and it doesn't even mention yellow power on the 16-46 range, just Classic the hood.

Not sure what you mean, the pics match up with what Adam posted above. They never show more than one color if that's what you mean. 16-46 is a yellow according to the pic, no need to mention it in the note because it is only one cover unlike the better tiers.
  • Might just be my game. Could probably do for a reinstall, sometimes the graphics bug out and flash, background etc during a match, started happening after r46? That and skip tax keeps showing up periodically then disappearing after I reboot the game.
  • Is this the first time The Hood has been a placement award outside LRs? That's new and interesting, if so. I like him, may have to chew through some HP trying to place. Although with how relatively easily you can shield out for Diabolical Tokens in LRs now, won't kill myself if I land in an evil bracket.

Unless this means they're abolishing LRs. That'd be popular.
  • Good timing, the only villian I didn't finish from LR's. Hood is 1/3/1 at the moment, chance to get some yellow cover.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Is this the first time The Hood has been a placement award outside LRs? That's new and interesting, if so. I like him, may have to chew through some HP trying to place. Although with how relatively easily you can shield out for Diabolical Tokens in LRs now, won't kill myself if I land in an evil bracket.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but his Yellow is the hardest one to get in LRs. So it might be worth the effort.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Is this the first time The Hood has been a placement award outside LRs? That's new and interesting, if so. I like him, may have to chew through some HP trying to place. Although with how relatively easily you can shield out for Diabolical Tokens in LRs now, won't kill myself if I land in an evil bracket.

Hmm, I think you're right. Have we ever had a 3* villain be a placement reward before? I know Loki was a progression reward a while back but don't remember any being placements.
  • Will make a last 5 hour push for some hood rewads icon_e_smile.gif
  • still 2400 progression rewards eh?
  • blue hood is scarce.no hope in LR icon_lol.gif
    hood is dangerous as offense. paired with buffed character and spidey /obw. well ,total control
  • haiz...already completed my Hood long ago...
  • Liaomiao wrote:
    still 2400 progression rewards eh?
    Yeah, they plan events a few weeks in advance, so they're revising PvP progression attainability but changes won't hit right away.

The exception is when people start actually getting the high-end progression awards. Then they fix it from one tournament to the next, as we've clearly seen in the past few weeks. But we have knackered memories from all that mindless match-3 grinding we do, right?

Sorry, too much negativity around here lately. Don't want to be part of the problem.

Kittens sure are swell, aren't they?
  • Veracity wrote:
    Liaomiao wrote:
    still 2400 progression rewards eh?
    Yeah, they plan events a few weeks in advance, so they're revising PvP progression attainability but changes won't hit right away.

The exception is when people start actually getting the high-end progression awards. Then they fix it from one tournament to the next, as we've clearly seen in the past few weeks. But we have knackered memories from all that mindless match-3 grinding we do, right?

Sorry, too much negativity around here lately. Don't want to be part of the problem.

Kittens sure are swell, aren't they?

Exactly. It's also the weekend, so they STILL haven't had a chance to work on the issues more. The game is on auto pilot to shoot out the next event they qued probably a week or two ago. Doesn't change that progression rewards could easily have the point value dropped, but ill give them.some leeway as long as sits changed by the Friday event. After that its really beyond reasonable. I am sure they lost some small chunk of thier player base this week so its in thier best interest too. Sometimes forums are the co al minority. Thr reviews to the game show that it is just...the player base in general..not a minority of it that frequents the forum.

Edit: as an aside, my brother quit just recently. He was a 2** and a few 3*** players. He didn't mind wolvie but he had put so much into thor that for him and his lvl of play on this it was too hard to even get back to even where he was, nonetheless progress, after the nerf to him. It basically ruined the enjoyment so he quit. I know that was the outcome to A LOT of players.

I don't think nerfs are a good strat in general for a p2p business model. Instead make newer cards stronger to make the older ones obsolete or at least inferior. Less anger, more money. For Diablo or warcraft or starcraft or streetfighter its fine...but you own everything...not just the characters you paid for.
  • Veracity wrote:

Player negativity is not the problem. The changes that caused the players to be negative are the problem.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Marquoz wrote:
    Veracity wrote:

Player negativity is not the problem. The changes that caused the players to be negative are the problem.

It's probably a bit of a combination of the two...