Newish; am I double boned?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Roster http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/rawkamatic/

Long story short; I'm like 6 2* characters champed, waiting on 3* covers. Like (apparently) a total nub, I didn't wait on using my CP on LT and now I'm in a crummy situation where I'm not sure what to do.

I've got a Phoenix greenflag.png rostered but also pulled an OML blackflag.png waiting in the wings.

From what I can gather there's a few thoughts:

1. Roster both and deal with the unfavorable matchmaking in both PVE/PVP, opening LT when I can to hopefully get a 2nd cover in either
2. Roster both, if the matchmaking becomes too hard then sell one (but jeez, which?)
3. Roster only one, but sell the other (again, which one?)
4. Sell both, 5* make it needlessly difficult
5. Other?

I've got about 10 days to decide before the OML expires; super curious to see what people's thoughts are on here. My alliance says rostering both shouldn't effect the matchmaking beyond making it a little rough - but reading the forums makes it sound like I'd be putting myself in a world of hurt.

Right now I feel like I'm pretty much damned if I do, damned if I don't

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would go with Other. Wait and see if the matchmaking experience will potentially fix the problem with low level rosters having single cover 5*s.

And stop opening LTs. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Thanks! If I recall correctly the balance testing is happening after Galactus is over?

And in the event that doesn't fall out in my favour, then what? I'm leaning toward selling phoenix and keeping OML; but I love me some phoenix.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rawkamatic wrote:
    Thanks! If I recall correctly the balance testing is happening after Galactus is over?

And in the event that doesn't fall out in my favour, then what? I'm leaning toward selling phoenix and keeping OML; but I love me some phoenix.
    No real point in selling one and keeping the other - in order to lower your scaling you need to sell both. So keep both or dump both.
  • So for those interested, after I saw that the balance change tests were postponed, I decided to roster OML and see what happened.

The game essentially went unplayable; PVP was matching me with 200+ teams, PVE nodes were 160-170; so I spent a ridiculous amount of time reading the forums and decided it was in my general best interest for quality of life and quicker progression in general to sell both.

It hurt a ton, primarily since they're two of my favourite characters/story lines in the comic universe - but hopefully I've learned my lesson and we'll be reunited in the way off future.

Thanks for the advice and thoughts given in this post and the other I posted in; I'll probably make a quick follow up after the next events start to echo that life is back to normal. . . Because I know you're all clinging to this gripping tale of a noob.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madok wrote:
    And stop opening LTs. icon_e_wink.gif
    and this... was not mentioned, so I thought I'd reinforce it. if you can't handle a 5*, stop opening LTs. once you get a solid stable of 166s, you'll probably have some 4*s half covered and be in much better shape to handle a 5*. plus, there are changes coming that might or might not make this better. those won't hit until march and we won't see what the real effect is until probably some time after that.