White cards for Support Deck

Are there any cards (white or colorless) that are good in a support-based deck? I still have some useless creatures.

Comments

• Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Sword of the animus and Knightly Valor are the two support cards I use in my deck.
  • Methinks someone has not seen the power of the murder investigation + sigil + (optional) berserker plate combo.

Creature less infinite creature pump please.

I wanted to keep this a secret before Hibernium nerfs this combo too (probably "murder investigation only triggers off non tokens") so enjoy it while it lasts. My current favorite uncommon only combo.
  • pandabear wrote:
    Methinks someone has not seen the power of the murder investigation + sigil + (optional) berserker plate combo.

Creature less infinite creature pump please.

I wanted to keep this a secret before Hibernium nerfs this combo too (probably "murder investigation only triggers off non tokens") so enjoy it while it lasts. My current favorite uncommon only combo.

Shhhh!
  • Alicrast
    Alicrast Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Berserk plate the dagger and sword of the ani. Murder investigation and sigil of the empty throne are all pretty good together. A lot of the other ones are too costly for what they do. First strike is good to have with them on creatures also...
  • I wish I had Sigil of the Empty Throne. It looks insane.
    I have a dream of making a deck whose creatures and spells are there to support the supports, and my wincons are the supports.
  • Keral_Keep wrote:
    I wish I had Sigil of the Empty Throne. It looks insane.

I can attest, it's fun! I use a Blessed Spirits + Support deck.

- Cast Blessed Spirits.
    - Cast SotET; +2/+2 to ****.
    - Cast Murder Investication/Knightly Valor/Throwing Knife

Angels and Spirits everywhere with Soldier and Knight token backup options.

Edit:
    Throw in Consul's Lieutenant, War Oracle (Enlightened Ascetic), Helm of the Gods, and Healing Hands.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is why I wish I could save more than one deck per planeswalker! I'd love to try out a deck that relies on supports, I have an idea for an all fliers deck, and then I have my usual efficient beaters deck-- all for Gideon. For Chandra I'd like to try a creatureless burn deck along with the balanced one I run now. Full control or pumpable creatures with Jace. And then I don't really have a lot of ideas for Nissa and Liliana. icon_e_smile.gif

You can edit the decks at will, but it takes way too long.
  • The problem with Nissa, for me, is lack of unique managreen.png spells and slots.

At the end of the day, you can only have 3 creatures out. So my L26 Nissa must have 6 creatures in the deck at all times. I just acquired Reclaim, so now I throw in burn-creatures for that but it still requires keeping a slot open to which to cast them.
  • PoliPino
    PoliPino Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I'm running a support based Gideon deck right now:

http://www.mtgpq.com/Deck/Details/gideon

5 supports
    - Sigil of the Empty Throne
    - Sigil of Valor
    - Brawler's Plate
    - Throwing Knife
    - Jayemdae Tome

3 creatures:
    - Blood Cursed Knight
    - Relic Seeker
    - Iroa's Champion

2 spells:
    Helm of the Gods
    Enshrouding Mist

When the cards play out well, I can end up with a strong (10+/10+) Blood cursed knight with Defender, Lifelink, and First Strike, plus an 8/8 angel. It takes some time to build up that much mana to get all that out, and I can take some damage along the way, but usually once he's out and buffed, he'll take out any creatures quick, and bring my health right back up.

The biggest issue with this deck is when the cards don't play out well. If I get nothing but supports (not including Sigil of the Empty throne) and no attackers, it can leave me pretty exposed. That's why I have Jayemdae Tome in my deck, to at least give me a chance to pick up extra cards.
  • PoliPino wrote:
    I'm running a support based Gideon deck right now:

http://www.mtgpq.com/Deck/Details/gideon

5 supports
    - Sigil of the Empty Throne
    - Sigil of Valor
    - Brawler's Plate
    - Throwing Knife
    - Jayemdae Tome

3 creatures:
    - Blood Cursed Knight
    - Relic Seeker
    - Iroa's Champion

2 spells:
    Helm of the Gods
    Enshrouding Mist

When the cards play out well, I can end up with a strong (10+/10+) Blood cursed knight with Defender, Lifelink, and First Strike, plus an 8/8 angel. It takes some time to build up that much mana to get all that out, and I can take some damage along the way, but usually once he's out and buffed, he'll take out any creatures quick, and bring my health right back up.

The biggest issue with this deck is when the cards don't play out well. If I get nothing but supports (not including Sigil of the Empty throne) and no attackers, it can leave me pretty exposed. That's why I have Jayemdae Tome in my deck, to at least give me a chance to pick up extra cards.

I'd suggest swapping Brawler's Plate for Knightly Valor.
  • PoliPino
    PoliPino Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    kore wrote:

I'd suggest swapping Brawler's Plate for Knightly Valor.

Unfortunately, I don't have Knightly Valor, nor Sword of the Animist, nor Suppression Bond
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blessed Spirits would also play well in that deck. If it weren't so much effort to switch decks around, I'd totally try out something like this.
  • Not sure if this qualifies as a support deck, but if you can get War Oracle out first, then Relic Seeker.... sweet. Oracle pumps life back into you with each hit, Seeker increases Oracle's output/defense each round. Griiiiiiind to dust. But a good defender can pulverize your Oracle. manawhite.png