**** Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) ****

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Karass wrote:
    I'm not familiar with Spider-gwen...

But in the R93 patchnote they gave this clue : Are you ready to rock?!

Would it match Gwen, or would that be someone else?

Could match Gwen due to her being part of the rock band the Mary Janes, but could also go in a completely different direction and end up with someone like Dazzler.
    Stun fits her very well.
    Building up a ton of energy and blasting it at an enemy? Well, she kind of did channel and concentrate Black Bolt's vocal energy to outright melt Thanos.
    Burst of health and generating special tiles? Doable as an imprompu motivational light- and sound-show.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Another junk 4* yellow power, huh.
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    What about Spiderman House of M. I mean, that was a cannonic event, the M day, and that spider-man was like a super star
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Sometimes they use characters other mobile games (previously secured license to use). This seems much the case.

That's fine. I understand if the dev's hands are tied. Licensing can be expensive. And sometimes you need to use the lack of purchasing as a use case with your top brass and project mgmt.

if that means guys like Casey and Will can do the character of THEIR choosing more often? Sweet. Bring on Gwen and let's get past this two week interval....
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    The hint and skillset goes toward another Spider variation, probably Spider-Gwen...

I got to say that I'm disappointed and sick of spiders. I would rather see villains from the spider-verse, than shallow variations from alternate dimensions. I mean, Spider-Gwen concept is really cheesy... What's next ? Spider-Aunt May? I rather play with plain old Mary Jane Watson than Spider-Gwen. At least she is hot as hell. Face it, Tiger!

That being said, I would like to see Mysterio, The Lizard, Sandman, The Shocker , Rhino, a goblin variant (Hob Goblin or Green Goblin) or any other POPULAR villain/character from spider-verse. I didn't grow up with Spider-Gwen, and I find her lame in comparison with the mentioned characters. Anyway, that's just my opinion...
  • Spiders everywhere, please not again another Spider-Man. icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_sad.gif

No idea what it could be. Definitely no Bucky Barnes Winter Soldier. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Spider-Aunt May?
    Golden Oldie!
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Spider-Aunt May?
    Golden Oldie!

i didn't know about that... icon_e_surprised.gif
    this is a "Marvel go home, you're drunk!" kind of thing icon_razz.gif
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    With the updated art for 3* Spidey I wouldn't be surprised if this was the 4* variant with healing and damage that I've been after for quite some time. Well that or replace 3* burst healing with an attack based power.

Spidey is a fantastic fighter but all his variants etc make him a bit of a wuss in MPQ.

Heck one of my favorite comics is where tells Mary Jane he could beat the Hulk but he could only do it by killing him so it would be a last resort. Stunning and healing isn't going to kill a hulk icon_razz.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Spider-Aunt May?
    Golden Oldie!

i didn't know about that... icon_e_surprised.gif
    this is a "Marvel go home, you're drunk!" kind of thing icon_razz.gif
    Pretty much, yes.
    http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronoco ... _137.shtml
    Basically Assistant Editor's Month meant that comics could do whatever crazy **** they wanted. The Avengers went on David Letterman. Alpha Flight had the infamous snowstorm issue. And so on...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone who does not want it to be a spider whomever just think about how many character specific tiles are out there. This is going to be spider Gwen who has been popping up in other marvel games too. She will pair really well with other spiders like black suite 6 purple and 6 blue is going to hurt. MM web tiles everywhere!! Even 3* Spiderman with 2 stuns available and different active powers. Venom will even play well with this character. Then there is Carnage who has a really powerful cheep red, and if his green does damage off of web tiles it might not be bad. Gwen throws out web tiles and carnage spams attack tiles for Carnage to destroy. Gwen can then heal everyone so they can take more damage from Carnage.
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Omg, stop with the spider characters already!!
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Omg, stop with the spider characters already!!
    I wouldn't care quite so much if they were desirable Spider-Man characters. Where's Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, hell, even Rhino or Sandman. Instead we get spider-kid, emo spiderman, and another version of Venom.
  • Spiders everywhere, please not again another Spider-Man. icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_sad.gif

No idea what it could be. Definitely no Bucky Barnes Winter Soldier. icon_e_sad.gif
    That'll probably be next month to tie in with the release of Civil War
  • kyrain
    kyrain Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    10/10 would much rather see Gwenpool than Spider-Gwen
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I'm waiting for Spider-Squirrel Hulk-Girl. Her powers all stun her allies and end the turn; But it's ok because she's a fan favorite.

Gamma-irradiated and adamantium-infused, you wouldn't like her when she's angry--but don't worry, because she's always "Coool as a cucumber, Brony." Still you might want to watch out for her Infinity Tattoos.

"Snarf."

On topic, if these are Web tiles, as seems likely, seems like a decent character. Healing has been getting stronger in the attrition meta (a wave of seven teisatsus followed by an insanely high level Venom?) and 2-turn stuns are SO GOOD.

This character will mesh decently with my Miles/1* Spiderman account. Miles' Surprise! then (this character's) Red to KO the last two opponents sounds fun.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor

Don't worry! Up next we'll have Ben Reilly, Superior Spiderman, Iron Spider, Spiderman 2099, Spiderwoman, Six-Arm Spiderman, Silk, and Toxin! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yes, but they'll alternate in release with Young Old Man Logan, Slightly Annoyed Wolverine, Wolverine From The Japanese Prison Camp, Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Very Annoyed Wolverine, Wolverine (Professor Logan), Wolverine (X-Force but on his day off), and Middle Aged Old Man Logan....
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    kyrain wrote:
    10/10 would much rather see Gwenpool than Spider-Gwen

Just when you think Marvel has peaked on creating lame characters these two come along to prove there is always another level. It's a shame that the 4* level is getting loaded up with lame replacement character after another. Wonder what it's going to be like in a year or two when these characters dissapear from the comics
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Woman (Gwen Stacy)
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I agree this is probably another spider off shoot....WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like they teased us with Nova and then went right back to lame-**** characters that they are trying to promote in the comics....I'd be wiling to bet all 4 of my Cho covers (wow he sucks) that on all their "request" links about who people want to see she wasn't even in the top 20....but i agree with some of these other posts, if you HAD to use a spidey person, why not a villain? Kraven or Mysterio may have caused a crash on this site from all the cheers....total swing and miss on this one....