Gorgon & Ultron

MrBowers
MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
i know this has been asked 100s of times but why do they not release these 2 characters? surely you would just lock them when their events happen. I know both need re-working especially Ultron as he is terrible but surely releasing them would only benefit d3.

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ultron just needs a cap on the blue ability so it's not making full strength versions of Iron Fist or Blade's attack tiles. It would be abusively strong. The other two powers are less of a problem. Agreed that both should be playable already. Maybe Gorgon isn't available because he's a star.pngstar.pngstar.png ? After all, they just aren't releasing those anymore.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I don't get it. Are those characters you'd be excited to get covers for? The thought of getting those characters as playables just bores me to tears.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

Ultron...meh. Apart from the stun immunity he's as bad as Totally Rubbish Hulk

Baloney. Ultron duplicates special tiles and his black is a lengthy (6 turns at max I think) stun. Pair with OML, one ability cast and now you have OML strike tiles being added every turn. Or pair with Fist, etc....

Wouldn't be top tier, but he'd be really good.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    I definitely want both! If the art's already done (and covers chosen and licensed), it seems like a no-brainer that these could be released at SOME point (with a few ability tweaks), maybe as gap-filling 4* releases to give the character team more time to work on something new. How about it, Demiurge?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards

Ultron...meh. Apart from the stun immunity he's as bad as Totally Rubbish Hulk

Baloney. Ultron duplicates special tiles and his black is a lengthy (6 turns at max I think) stun. Pair with OML, one ability cast and now you have OML strike tiles being added every turn. Or pair with Fist, etc....

Wouldn't be top tier, but he'd be really good.
    if I remember right, ultron prime's special tile duplicates were really low strength, regardless of how strong the original was. and his red was at joke strength. he was always saved for last because he was much weaker than the ultron goons. that's how I remember it.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I'd cover a tetris ultron for sure.