Bug buying boosters - got no cards and lost my runes

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
Eek! An odd bug just hit me buying boosters. I had 196XX cash (can't remember the exact amount), and I bought a booster. I was distracted then by something happening on my PC, and when I came back to my phone the screen was closed down, so I unlocked it. The normal 'You just bought a booster' screen was there, but the centre of the screen was blank. I clicked on it and heard a 'whoosh' sound, but nothing changed onscreen. I clicked again and I realised the 'whoosh' sound was the same sound you get buying a booster, but again, nothing changed on the screen. So I backed out of that screen to see if these boosters were waiting to be claimed in the 'Vault' screen; they were not. But I looked at my cash, and it had dropped permanently to 19005.

I'm not so upset about losing the cash, it's only the free currency, even tho 600 is quite a few games worth (and I wouldn't say no to a refund if it was offered)! But I imagine if people who pay money for boosters are hit by this bug they will be very upset.

I've tried raising a ticket about it but I can't seem to find my way around the mobile support site. I've definitely done it before but I can't figure out how I did it now. [edit - it's ok, I figured out how to do it in the end]

Comments

• Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    If you purchase a booster pack/fat pack/big box and close out of the pack opening animations before it completes the cards are still added to your inventory even though there's no UI indication that this is true. Usually you can verify that this happened because the card count in your inventory will increase, but not always since duplicate cards do not increase this count.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It happened again. This time I didn't close my screen down at all. I went to the Vault, clicked on a booster for 225 runes, and was taken to the next screen; the screen presented as normal (BOOSTERS/YOU GOT A BUNDLE!/1 booster to open/OPEN PACK) but there was no image of the booster in the middle. I clicked on 'OPEN PACK' and the whoosh sound occured and I was charged an additional 225 runes.

I checked my inventory, and it seems that I did actually get the cards even though I didn't see the opening booster animation, since I noticed I now had a Knightly Valor which is a card I didn't have before.

It's worth noting tho that although I was not charged money for boosters that I did not receive, I *did not want* to buy that second booster but was given it and charged for it anyway.