Who to Champion next?

Platzy
Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
These posts seem to be all the rage now, so I am looking to get some opinions as well:

Link to my roster
After having championed all my maxed 3*s that I had an extra cover for, I am now looking at my 140s (and maybe 120s) as possible candidates for championing. The question is, who would be worth it (and in which order)? To make things more complicated, I have some covers in the queue for the following characters:

1 GSBW
1 Patch (this is his 5th yellow, so if I don't champ him, I will use it to respec him in any case)
5 IM40
2 Mohawk Storm
1 Torch (this is a green cover that I'd otherwise use to respec him)
5 Colossus
1 Gamora
1 Punisher
3 Captain Marvel (including 2 yellows which I would otherwise use to respec her)

I am planning to spend a large amount of Taco tokens (~100) on the current vault - mainly for the 4* rewards with Iron Fist and Kamala covers as added bonus. This will likely result in additional Captain Marvel covers (as well as IM40 and Ragnarok, but they are probably not really serious candidates)

I currently have enough Iso to max and champion one of those characters. Which one, if any, should I choose?
Or would you rather recommend saving up Iso until I get the final covers for Black Panther and/or She Hulk to max and champ these?

Suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance. icon_cool.gif

-Platzy

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    it really depends on who you use. from your list, the ones I've leveled since champing started include torch, gsbw, and gamora. I use torch a lot in pve, gsbw for her pvp and winfinite and I just like playing fist/gamora, especially lately in shield sim (they have about a 50% win% on def with hood). others on my 'to-do' list include patch, storm, and marvel (along with several others - deadpool, grocket, doom, etc.). but granted, I don't use them as often, so I'm considering focusing on iceman next - haven't decided there. unless they change im40, I'm not putting a 13th on him, but I've heard scuttle that a change might be coming. already sold today's ddq cover, so that would stink, but more will come anyway. I might sit tight until I knew about im40. I'll probably never max the ones I don't use - colossus, pun, psylocke, rags, sentry, etc. - unless they drastically open the iso faucet.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I'll echo TxMoose. If you use a character on that list more often then the others, I would focus on them. But if they aren't used much, I would fall back to which will you get the most bang for your buck (IE rewards for most covers) or which one get you started towards a 4* cover you want/need.

I've already championed almost all the characters I use on a regular basis. I've moved onto prioritizing in that method for the remaining 3*s.
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Thanks for the input.
    I went with GSBW, as I do like to use her in PvE when she's featured and because her cover was expiring.
    Now collecting Iso and holding my options open in the vague hope that IM40 might get a well-deserved boost.

At some point I plan to max and champ the more playable members of my 3* rosters until I have enough 4*s covered that using (and levelling) them becomes a viable option.