New character event engagement?

IFORANI
IFORANI Posts: 91
edited January 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Feel free to discuss TOPIC if you wish.

Just doing poll for my only curiosity not for any other reasons.

Thank you for your participation.

I was unsure which Thread this best fits. Apologize if it would better fit under another one.

Obviously didn't mean the one I just deleted. Must have been accidentally hit when hit preview.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    My level of participation for a new character depends on when the event runs and how long.

A 4 day weekend event - high participation, goal is the covers
    Anything else - low participation, goal is still the covers via bracket shopping the end.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    These 7-day PVE events are long, boring and depressing as you watch as your goal gets further and further away. Approaching the end of Prodigal Sun right now and hovering around 40-50. I haven't been able to crack a Top 10 in a PVE since the most recent PVE where The Thing was the Top 10 prize. I barely stay in Top 50.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I try and get a new bracket sunday or Monday, which still usually leaves room for the LT. I go hard early to see if t20 is possible. if not, I just play to t50 in each sub. if it is, I grind best I can.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    I'm a relatively new player and don't have too many open slots, nor play crazy competitively anyway, so when a new character comes out, I smile and wave.

I like playing the progression so I can slowly level up my team and hopefully gain some HP so I can get more slots.

I only open tokens (got >60 expired event tokens, >90 heroic, >1400 standards, and >50 tacos) when I have a free slot in case I get a new character. Does this make me a bad player? Maybe. But I like it!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have more HP banked than ever before and can't spend them on covers, so I'll have plenty to roster a new guy.