Marvel's Daredevil

Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in General Discussion
This is out now. The Tooth Fairy has left all 13 episodes under my pillow.

Anyone watching it?

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    So good. Won't spoil it, but it's better than Agents of icon_shield.png and Agent Carter.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Saw the pilot last night. I'm hooked.
    The flashbacks are so heartbreaking though!
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Moon Roach wrote:
    This is out now. The Tooth Fairy has left all 13 episodes under my pillow.

Anyone watching it?

Just finished it last night. (Binged it through the weekend) It's one of the best Marvel TV shows to date!

What was funny was that throughout the show I was calling out DD's moves from MPQ to my wife, since she plays MPQ as well. Good times.
  • JamieMadrox
    I watched it over the weekend and also thought it was amazing. I think they really missed a great opportunity by not immediately following it up with a Kingpin series following his exploits after the end of this show.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, pretty good series! Nice action scenes, cool script, it's addictive!
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Loved it, except the final costume which was a little hinky looking. But it had built up so much goodwill up to that point, that it's a minor complaint.

Loved to see the late cameo, and shocked to see:
    Melvin, the guy who makes the costume, is Gladiator, a recurring Daredevil character, and Kingpin KILLED Ben Urich?! Urich is pretty much unkillable in the Marvel Universe. Shocking! There were more shocks, but I watched it too fast it seems. About eight hours yesterday.

To recover, I started back in on Ed Brubaker's run last night. I like Miller's and Bendis' (I only have ⅔'s of it) but I loved Brubaker's gritty run. If you're going through Daredevil withdrawal, that's a great choice to pick up, the Devil Inside and Out: http://www.amazon.com/Daredevil-Devil-I ... de+and+out
  • JamieMadrox
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Good vid! Van Lundt was one of the ones I'd forgotten. I knew the name from Marvel, but when it came up, I wasn't sure if it was a reference or not. This vid isn't exactly sure either. But Van Lundt is a known member of Scorpio! Unfortunately, not a very interesting one though.
  • Only made it through one episode this weekend, but hoping to clear the rest this week. So far it's got my love.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I loved it too!! I hope it goes without question they make another season. Love the Kingpin character and would love to see that storyline more.
    Would also like to see Bullseye and Electra resurrected from the 2000s movie as well.
  • Yeah they really, really need Bullseye. Typhoid Mary would be great too.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like next season will add Punisher!
  • they just casted Elektra, and theyre filming jessica jones at the same time as season 2 right now in new york (filming at the same time kinda implies there will be cross overs), also casted is Luke Cage.

Luke Cage
    Punisher
    Elektra
    and rumors of Bullseye coming into play

its gonna be a good year in 2016
  • Love this show. Has easily the best fighting scenes in any American show. Loved the hallway single shot.