To Champ Grocket or not

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
So i have the Grocket blue cover from Enemy of the State in my queue that expires in six days, and I've been debating whether or not to level up my lv120 Grocket and champ him. Any thoughts/recommendations?

Some pros and cons i can think of:

Pros - able to switch between 3/5/5 and 5/3/5, he's a great tank due to his yellow, high-powered blue strike tiles. Plus he goes really well with a lot of top 3* like Thor, Cyclops, Scarlet. I remember breezing through his EotS essential nodes with Thor and Doom

Cons - honestly I can't see any significant drawback to Grocket. The only one would probably be that his blue and green might clash with others, especially on defense (like the AI would pick his green over Thor's), but that's really a minor nitpick

And some context: i have slightly more than 600k Iso. I have the following 3* championed:

169 Kamala
168 Steve Rogers
167 Thor
167 Cyclops
167 Daken
167 Luke Cage
167 Iron Fist
Planning to champ Scarlet when i get a cover for her

All other 3* are at lv120. You can check out my roster; is Grocket worth levelling and championing, or should I prioritise other 3*? Other 3* considerations for me are Doom, Blade, Magneto, Torch. Any opinions on those would also be welcome

Comments

• AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have him champed (but no covers as of yet). Rocket & Groot is one of the star.pngstar.pngstar.png who get a larger benefit over the respec feature alone. Plus, the health increase he gets will prolong his lifespan, thus giving him a better shot to heal off of his yellow. Plus, those strike tiles... my favortie strike tile generator in the game (even if they're not the most efficient).

I'm leaning towards do it, unless someone from the impending Deadpool's Daily looks more promising (don't remember who is slated to come up in the next several days.)
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    I did, because of the switching between the abilities. Sometimes I need more healing, sometimes the blue up to Lvl 5. And he's always a part of DDQ... so, yes!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only if you regularly use him.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do it, the free respec is great for R&G who have many viable builds.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Depends on if you need ISO or not. I've got a few more 160s/166s to champ but anyone 140 and below isn't going to get champed until HB is at 250 and Fury is at 270 (which is like 300k iso from now).

I definitely think Rocket&Groot are worthwhile and fun to play and as mentioned above, great to respec because sometimes you've got a better green and sometimes you don't, and 5 yellow offers amazing staying power for 167+. Whenever they're powered up, you'll probably use them, which isn't something I'd say about every 3*. (Often I find myself just sticking to cyc/HB or even 140 IF instead of 220+ guys).
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I plan to champion every 3* I have just for the rewards. So my answer is yes.

(How can you save 600K ISO? You must have extreme patience.)
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see you've already championed them. R&G, KK and Thor are my go to for DDQ. I use KK's purple and green, R&G's blue, and Thor's red and yellow. KK is now higher than the other two so she tanks more, but I usually don't take that much damage, so they are fast and ready for other nodes afterwards. I think your next champion should be Scarlet Witch. Her and iron fist are a great combo, throw in a black user and you've got a pretty powerful team.