Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Roster on MPQ Gamependium, most up to date
My roster, from Roster Snapshot Thread

Before the Champion system was introduced, I had my 3* at 140 and was aiming to get my 4* to 200. Allowed me to accomplish my MPQ goals, 1k in PVP with no shielding (unless I want the season points), and T1 in PVE, if I want to put in the time. Built multiple 3* and 4* dupes, and took a few of the 3* dupes to 120. Figured that was the best use of my ISO and HP, and had no regrets with progress or results.

When the Champion system went live, I still figured that I'd rather have 2 13 cover, level 200 4* of the same character, than a single level 283 4* Champion. I did plan on championing some 3*, since I thought the incentives were now worth it. I'd get the strength of 166 3* (only benefit that everyone else had before Champions), I'd be able to get LTs for the first cover after 166, and get more for the covers than just the ISO sell price. I planned to champ 10 3*, just for a round number, and because I thought it'd be an obtainable goal that I could accomplish in a reasonable amount of time. I've already championed 8 3*, since the system went live, so I've changed my plans to champ 20 3*, instead of 10. I'm going to champion 2 more 3* before I take the next step, regarding 4*.

My plans have changed regarding 4*. I'd still prefer to have 2 high level dupes, than a higher level champion, but that would be way too far off in the future, due to scarcity of 4* covers. I'm going to max Cyclops and Red Hulk. I've got a level 200 5/5/3 IMHB and 3/3/5 JG, but think I'm better off maxing my 160 4/4/4 Cyclops and 200 3/5/2 Red Hulk. I think I should get the covers before I get the ISO required to max them. They both scale better with levels, than IMHB and JG. I'll actually utilize the respec option with both, so it doesn't matter which covers I add to those, even though I've already started dupes for them. After I get them championed, and get the LT from the first cover, I'll add future covers to my dupes, in preparation of leveling them, possibly to 200. After I get these Cyclops and Red Hulk maxed and champed, I'll go for round 2 of championing 3*. After that, I'll consider maxing more 4* or going for some 3*. X-23 and GR are at 160, TAH at 131, Venom and Miles only at 70, so they might get taken to 200, but there's no priority for them. All other 4* are at 200.

The 4* dupes that I do plan to level, I will roster a 3rd of that character. 4* dupes will have the build that I'd choose if I only had 1 of that character. The 3rd will just sit at 70 collecting whatever covers drop (EDIT - will have the 3rd spec'd to preferred build too, will sell covers that are extra). Dupes for me, are mainly healthpack savers, and because it pains me to sell 4* covers. Sold a Thing Yellow and Carnage black, since my dupes already have 3 of each.

Where's your roster at, and what are your plans? Did they change because of the Champion system?

Championed
star.pngstar.png
icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_hawkeye.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_storm.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_thor.png
3* Champions round 1
Black Widow
Cyclops (final 3* of rd 1)
Iron Fist
Kamala Khan
Magneto (bumped Luke Cage to rd 2)
Rocket & Groot
Scarlet Witch
Steve Rogers
The Hood (next up)
Thor
3* Champions round 2
Beast
Black Panther
Blade
Bullseye
Daken
Deadpool
Loki
Luke Cage
Storm
Wolverine
4* I plan to have leveled dupe and level 70 triple of, with existing builds
Cyclops 160 4/4/4, 70 0/0/1
Deadpool 200 5/4/3, 70 5/0/2
Iceman 200 5/3/2
Iron Man 200 5/5/3, 70 2/1/4 (eventual 5/5/3)
Jean Grey 200 3/3/5, 70 0/3/5
Professor X 160 5/4/4, 70 5/2/2 (will take to 160 once 3rd gets 5 blue), 70 2/0/1
Red Hulk 200 3/5/2, 70 3/2/0
Thor 200 5/3/5, 70 3/5/5 (will try out leveled, but probably swap to 5/3/5), 70 0/3/0
Wolverine 200 5/5/3 (want to go 4/5/4 or 3/5/5), 70 4/3/3

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Already championed
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_thing.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_hood.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png

star.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_storm.pngicon_wolverine.png

Current plan is putting all iso8.png into star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_cyclops.png then icon_deadpool.png
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before the Champion System started, I was bringing my 3 stars slowly up to 166, 153 or 140, depending on how much I used them. All the 166s have been championed, and half the 153s came up. This gave me an influx of 4* covers that has improved a few characters so I actually feel like I'm properly in the transition.
    Currently championed:
    star.pngstar.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_storm.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_thor.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_rocket.png

In the next 2 weeks I'll bring Mystique and/or Punisher up to 166 and champion, depending on how much iso I chase out, then I'll start bringing a couple of 4 stars up a bit further.
    I'd like a couple of purple for my 3/2/5 Jean, top 5 in Prodigal Sun isn't an option for me unless I get lucky with a late bracket snipe. My 5/3/3 XFW could do with a couple of Blacks, but I'll probably target 200 for those two and my fully cover Fury.
    I've got 5 blue in Prof X, so Charlie's Angels is up and running (hooray!). I might bring my 5/2/1 Antman and 1/1/4 Falcap up to about 130/140, to play with their mechanics in PVE, as I need to put some variety into it (says the man with all the 3*s!). Then it's about chasing 1000 point covers in Pvp and dipping in and out of Pve when I can be bothered to chase iso and Cp.
    It might be about time I look for a better performing alliance as well, as any boost in resources would help level these 4*s.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've championed the following:

star.pngstar.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_daken.pngicon_hawkeye.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_storm.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png

Mags is at like level 115 already. I don't have Moonstone on my roster and Bullseye is nowhere near level 94.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_daken.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_wolverine.png

All of whom are between 167 and 169.

3* Cyclops will be next to champion; he's been stuck at 4/4/5 for a while and I'd love to have that fifth red at last, and to be able to switch him to 3/5/5 for DDQ (he's an awesome red battery for Steve that way). I think I need about 20K more ISO. Not sure who's next after that. Kamala or Cage, probably.

I added Ghost Rider to my roster last night with my latest LT pull. None of my 4* are better than 5 covers yet anyway and they see no play time outside PVE essential nodes.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2016
    My Roster from 9/25 (pre 5 star)

My roster from 12/31/15 (last update I had before Champions)

My roster as of this morning

My roster has definitely gone through some improvements over the last few months, and the champion factor over the last couple of weeks has been a big part of that, as I have received a lot of LTs just from championing my 3*s.

My Champs are:

star.pngstar.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_storm.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_hood.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png

Before champions, my goal was to get 1k in each pvp to slowly build up my 4*s with covers, and to max the rest of my 3*s that I thought would be good to have at max level (especially when buffed).

Now, I'm trying to use my ISO for the following:

-Champion the rest of my maxed 3*s once I get extra covers (based on DDQ that will probably be Mags and SW)
    -Max any other 3*s that I would like to champion based on the reward, especially if they are close to being maxed (Vision and Storm would probably be next)
    -Level up my 4* in advance to when they'll be featured in DDQ, so I have a better shot at getting the LT, and so they can eventually be used in PVP. I recently brought up IMHB to level 180 (from 111), and 4Pool to 158 (from 127). I'm now 4 for 4 on the 2nd DDQ cycle, where I was 2 for 2 on the first cycle. Also, once I knew HP wasn't going to be used for covers anymore, I invested what HP I had left in 3 IMHB covers.
    -Still aim for 1k in PVP, though I have not been as successful here due to bad timing on my part, lots of more competition because everyone actually wants the 3* placement rewards, not a great selection of boosted 3*s, or the 1k reward not being something I really want to spend the effort to get

I do have all 5* characters now, but none are ready to be trotted out for PVP. If I get lucky with LTs and get a decent amount of covers for them, I'll invest the ISO to level them up.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Currently championed:

icon_thing.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_kamalakhan.pngicon_loki.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_blade.pngicon_hood.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_scarletwitch.png

star.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_storm.png

Plan at the moment is to level OML to 345. After that, I'll max out 4Clops and RHulk, and champion them. Given the amount of iso I need to even do that, I'm not sure yet as to whether I'm going to come back to my remaining 3*s and champion them. At present, my feeling is that I probably won't (with the possible exception of 3* Deadpool, who's at 140, and will feed a couple of covers to my XDP), since the only 3*s who still see play really are SW, GSBW, Hood, and Loki. 3* Mags still remains a possibility for championing, but he's pretty far down the line.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2016
    my plan is to keep playing PvE to earn HP to buy roster slots until i have enough slots that i can roster all 40 3*'s.
    By that time (will take months from now, still need 12 more slots) the first will already have 13 covers and be at level 166. So by then i wait until i have a few more roster slots and then i start opening all my legendary tokens, that i have been saving for months now because i am afraid to get a 5 star and having to sell him. And because i play so "slow" (aka earn roster slots instead of buying them) i have a buttload of iso but nothing to spend it on.

So far only championed:
    star.pngstar.png :
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_storm.pngicon_thor.png
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Championed through this morning:

icon_jeangrey.pngicon_ironman.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_daken.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_hood.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_loki.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_hawkeye.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_storm.png

Plan at this point is to just start banking ISO. I finally have a few 4*s that are getting close to 13 covers so I'll start needing ISO to level them up. That or I might actually get a red cover for my 3/4/0 Phoenix and i'll start leveling her up.

Plus using ISO for the upcoming DDQ fights. I have actually won each fight so far which is amazing since I only won 3 fights the entire first go through.

Of course, they will throw some curve ball at us which will nullify all those plans.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 Stars

Black Widow (Original)
    - Level 102/94 (Champion)

Ares (Dark Avengers)
    - Level 104/94 (Champion)

Storm (Classic)
    - Level 107/94 (Champion)

Thor (Marvel NOW!)

Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    - Level 111/94 (Champion)

Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
    - Level 108/94 (Champion)

Daken (Dark Avengers)
    - Level 106/94 (Champion)

Human Torch (Johnny Storm)

Hawkeye (Modern)
    - Level 105/94 (Champion)

Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    - Level 103/94 (Champion)

Steve Rogers (Captain America)
    - Level 99/94 (Champion)

Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
    - Level 106/94 (Champion)

Moonstone (Dark Avengers)
    - Level 105/94 (Champion)

Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    - Level 96/94 (Champion)

3 Stars

Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)
    - Level 166/166 (Champion)

Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men)
    - Level 167/166 (Champion)

Luke Cage (Hero For Hire)

Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)

Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
    - Level 171/166 (Champion)

Magneto (Classic)

Thor (Modern)
    - Level 168/166 (Champion)

Blade (Daywalker)
    - Level 169/166 (Champion)

Black Panther (T'Challa)

The Hood (Classic)

Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    - Level 173/166 (Champion)

Loki (Dark Reign)

Wolverine (Patch)
    - Level 167/168 (Champion)

Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!)

Daken (Classic)

Black Widow (Grey Suit)

Doctor Doom (Classic)

She-Hulk (Modern)

Human Torch (Classic)
    - Level 174/166 (Champion)

Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted)
    - Level 170/166 (Champion)

The Hulk (Indestructible)

Storm (Mohawk)

Sam Wilson (Falcon)
    - Level 169/166 (Champion)

Captain Marvel (Modern)

Mystique (Raven Darkholme)
    - Level 170/166 (Champion)

Punisher (Dark Reign)

Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Bullseye (Classic)

Daredevil (Man Without Fear)

Beast (Classic)

Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable)
    - Level 120/166 (3-5-5)

Colossus (Classic)
    - Level 120/166 (5-5-3)

Psylocke (Classic)
    - Level 120/166 (5-3-5)

Vision (Android Avenger)
    - Level 120/166 (5-5-3)

Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius)
    - Level 120/166 (5-5-3)

Spider-Man (Classic)
    - Level 120/166 (3-5-5)

Sentry (Dark Avengers)
    - Level 120/166 (5-3-5)

Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff)
    - Level 120/166 (5-3-5)

Iron Man (Model 40)
    - Level 120/166 (5-5-3)

Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
    - Level 120/166 (5-5-3)

Plan is to level the remaining 3* in the general order above, but may be dependent on the covers I have at the time I get the ISO.

Then plan to open all the Heroic+ tokens I've hoarded.

Then cones the longest part of my transition: hoarding ISO for 4*. I dont have one guy over 94 and most aside from Fury and IW are severely cover starved.

Start opening/spending my CP on legendaries once I have ISO to max champion 4-6 decent 4* guys.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before champions, I slowly raised my entire 3* tier (yes, all 40 of them) in steps to 153, then 154 because the odd numbers were bugging someone who looked at my roster. icon_e_smile.gif

Left them there because it didn't seem worth the iso to max, but was saving with the intention of maxing them en masse (yay insta-max button!). Started saving iso.

But at some point I got bored with the game and began maxing out my 1*s, then 2*s, and bringing up my 4*s to 155.

That done, I got bored again and started bringing up various 4*s to 200.

Then championing happened.

I championed the entire 2* and 3* tiers and have no regrets. Having covers and being able to add them to characters for more levels and stuff has been the best thing ever, and the tokens and cp that have been flowing in as a consequence has boosted my 4-5* tiers by an incredible amount.

I should probably save and start maxing and championing my 4*s, but it's hard to resist the cheap levels. 155 to 200 is only 80k iso compared to 155 to 270 at the cost of 320k iso.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    I don't know if it's the right thing to do or not, but I'm championing EVERYBODY. All of the 2*s, all of the 3*s and eventually all of the 4*s. I have 3 4* champions right now and I'm not sinking any more ISO into my other 4*s until I clear out all of the 3* covers in my queue. That also means that I'm going to max out every 2* and 3* on my roster. Bagman? Like a champ. Quicksilver? Of course.

Right now I have these champions:

4*

icon_carnage.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_thor.png

3*

icon_kamalakhan.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_daken.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_loki.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_hood.pngicon_thor.pngicon_beast.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_blade.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_spiderman.png

I have 4 others at 166 waiting for a cover and the rest are between levels 140-151. I'll bring them up to 166 as I get covers for them.

2*

icon_moonstone.pngicon_hawkeye.pngicon_storm.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_daken.pngicon_ares.pngicon_thor.pngicon_captainamerica.png

The others are not max level yet and are waiting until I clear my queue of 3* covers.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll say it definitely changed my plans in a few ways. First a little background on my roster/philosophy.

I've been playing nearly 2 years at this point so all my 3* are fully covered and have been for quite some time. I didn't bother maxing them all like some I know, cause I just didn't think some were worthy. Those I didn't max were parked at various places between 120 and 160. Maxing the 160 (Hulk) was a no-brainer as it is a small amount to pay for a LT. The others I chose to max and champion were only ones I thought were especially fun or good when boosted (since I have many 4* max-covered and at 240). I did Mystique from 155 and Gamora from 150 cause I like using them boosted. I also like Beast boosted and he gives JG covers but it's a lot of iso from 140...For comparison I'm leaving HT at 150 despite having gotten lots of his covers. Also not planning on maxing Bullseye, DD, or Psylocke from 145; or Colossus, QS, R&G, or Vision from 140. I probably would never have touched any of these chars since I would likely only really use them in Heroic PvE or their featured PvP, but championing changed that.

As for 4* this is where my plans changed the most. For a long time I was parking my useful 4* at 240 and working on bringing all the good ones up to there (and just putting enough iso in the rest to win their DDQ). I had been using jeanbuster so much I had already decided to take them together to 250 and maybe eventually max (although even from there it's A LOT of iso to max). Then championing came along and I got a few extra JG covers. That made it an easy choice to max her out instead of working on others, so that's what I did. I now have a cyke cover waiting for me and a max covered cyke, so I'm hoping I can get enough iso in the next 12 days to max him out from 220. So, this definitely changed my plans for 4* as I would have just parked usable 4* at 240 or maybe 250 before, but now maxing out the best ones whenever I get extra covers for them.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also changed my philosophy...at least in 3* land. I had ~20 3*'s maxed and was planning on being done - this has made me go to 30 maxed 3*'s (all championed) and one or two more this season.

I had four maxed 4*'s and most of the others sitting at 172 (a fine spot for DDQ), with plans to move them to either 200 or 220 unless I get enough covers of the top one or two, then max them.

Plans this season: finish championing 3*'s that I want to (won't bother with Doc Oc, Psylocke, Colossus, Beast, Quicksilver, Sentry, Storm, Squirrel, Vision. May leave 70K ISO in reserve most of the time to complete one of these from level 140 if I feel boosts don't help me that given week.)

Plans next season: pulled four Cyc covers recently, up to twelve. Probably spend all of next season moving cyc from 172 to 250.

Plans for two seasons from now: move many of the newer 4*'s up to 172 for their DDQ's that will come up that season - 4*'s that I had poorly covered until championing those 30 3*'s!

I'm not sure I want to try to finish lots of 4*'s for the LT - the 3*'s will cost much less ISO-wise, and I've found that even when my championed (many, many times, thanks RNG) X-force is featured I don't use him over other 4*'s. It's a 5* world if RNG favors you, and if not it's such an ISO-poor world that it's really only worth maxing 4*'s if you'll use them buffed over the best unbuffed 4*'s.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    My roster is in my signature, but here's my current champions:

icon_jeangrey.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_kamalakhan.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_daken.png
    icon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_rocket.png
    icon_thor.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_blade.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.png

star.pngstar.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_storm.pngicon_daken.png
    icon_moonstone.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_thor.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_hawkeye.png

My current plans for championing are:

icon_deadpool.png (Currently 240), icon_kingpin.png (Currently 190), icon_thor.png (Currently 250)

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_ironfist.png (Maxed), icon_shehulk.png (Maxed), everyone else eventually

star.pngstar.png
    icon_spiderman.png (Maxed covered, but no ISO up into him...yet icon_e_biggrin.gif )

What's changed for me is the thought of maxing out the three stars I have under-leveled and basically ignored. With championing, it's given me a new goal - to have everyone I can championed.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    icon_iceman.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blade.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_daken.pngicon_hood.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_thor.pngicon_falcon.png

star.pngstar.png
    icon_thor.pngicon_magneto.png

Prior to championing I had no max level 4* characters but 13 maxed 3* ones. The last 4 I'm just waiting for a cover to show up for them, but I've shifted priority completely over to pouring ISO into the 4* characters that now have a lot more covers in them than a month ago. There are a few other 3*s I'd like to get up to max so I can champ them, but not till after I've got TGT, CCyc, JG and HB leveled up to viability at least. Much as it'd be nice to get those LTs from all the 3*s I haven't yet maxed, I'd need something like a million ISO just for that.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    My champions

icon_carnage.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_thor.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_beast.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_colossus_new.png
    icon_cyclops.pngicon_daken.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_falcon.png
    icon_gamora.pngicon_hood.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_magneto.png
    icon_mystique.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_shehulk.png
    icon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_storm.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_storm.pngicon_thor.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_hawkeye.pngicon_wolverine.png

Plan to champion star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_thing.png in the near term (before season end, both are at level 250+).
    icon_iceman.png when I can save the iso8.png.

Also will champion star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_vision.pngicon_sentry.png once I draw their covers.

Main limitation now is iso - I don't have enough to max my other covered 4*s, and my 5*s are almost at the right number of covers to use if I could save the iso to level them. Have OML at 503, surfer at 105, and phoenix at 122.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I was a softcapper and had my roster capped at 114. My plan was to wait until had the roughly 4 million iso to completely finish off the 3* level and be able to focus only on the 4*+ levels. I was getting there. I had near 3 million iso, then championing happened. It kind of screwed up my almost year long plan and pushed my hand. Glad I made the jump though.

I full leveled and championed 3*:
    icon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_daken.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_hood.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_thor.png

In the 2* realm:
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_daken.pngicon_hawkeye.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_storm.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png

A little while later I would also fully level and champion 3*:
    icon_loki.pngicon_wolverine.png

I also added icon_silversurfer.png, which has really messed up my PvP matchmaking, but what are you going to do about that? I got OML and Phoenix sitting in my queue. I'll probably add them just because matchmaking is probably about as bad as it's going to be in PvP and in PvE boosted characters are roughly around 255, so my scaling is what it is. Unless they do actually fix that, but I won't hold my breath on that front.

Now my current plan is just stocking iso for this coming saturday when icon_scarletwitch.png blue is DDQ. That'll give 13 covers for her and I can level and champion her right away (And then respec her icon_e_biggrin.gif )

That will be the last of my "must haves" 3* championed. A few of my 2* already outrank most of my 3*, so I got to fix that. Going forward I plan on slowly bringing up everyone as well as finally starting to put some iso into my sadly undercovered 4*s. It won't mean much, but maybe I'll sneak out a few more Clash of the Titans matches here and there. The end goal is still to level everybody and now just includes also championing them too.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Less than a month later
    lukewin wrote:
    My plans have changed regarding 4*. I'd still prefer to have 2 high level dupes, than a higher level champion, but that would be way too far off in the future, due to scarcity of 4* covers. I'm going to max Cyclops and Red Hulk.... After I get these Cyclops and Red Hulk maxed and champed, I'll go for round 2 of championing 3*. After that, I'll consider maxing more 4* or going for some 3*. X-23 and GR are at 160, TAH at 131, Venom and Miles only at 70, so they might get taken to 200, but there's no priority for them. All other 4* are at 200.

The 4* dupes that I do plan to level, I will roster a 3rd of that character. 4* dupes will have the build that I'd choose if I only had 1 of that character. The 3rd will just sit at 70 collecting whatever covers drop (EDIT - will have the 3rd spec'd to preferred build too, will sell covers that are extra). Dupes for me, are mainly healthpack savers, and because it pains me to sell 4* covers. Sold a Thing Yellow and Carnage black, since my dupes already have 3 of each.

There was some bug with 4*, can't remember specifically, but it made me reconsider. Changed my mind again and didn't level any 4*. Champ'd Black Panther, and pulled my first OML yellow. Had gotten a BSS blue that morning from DDQ, and had enough ISO so went ahead and champ'd Blade. Ended up with a Phoenix green (I think).

So I ended up starting Rd 2 of championing 3*. Haven't regretted it. So the plan now is to get Loki and Quicksilver champ'd, and that'll bring me to 20 3* champs. Then I'll take 4cyc, X23, and GR to 200, all have 12 covers. Chulk will probably go to 160 and and the new class of 4* (Venom, Miles, Nova, Gwen) will go to 120, since they all can't go to 140 due to not having enough covers. With IMHB rewards in Galactus, and the red 1k, I got my dupe to 5/3/5. I might take him to 200, and when I'm ready to max 4*, I'll take this one up to respec, leaving my 5/5/3 at 200. XFDP dupe is 5/1/4 and XFW dupe is 4/3/3. If I got XFDP to 5/3/5 and XFW to 4/5/4, I'd probably take them to 200 as well. Somewhere in there, I might start Round 3 of championing 3*. Not sure when I'll take any 4* to 270 now.

Championed
    star.pngstar.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_hawkeye.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_storm.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_daken.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_storm.pngicon_hood.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png

3* Champions round 1
    Black Widow
    Cyclops
    Iron Fist
    Kamala Khan
    Magneto
    Rocket & Groot
    Scarlet Witch
    Steve Rogers
    The Hood
    Thor
    3* Champions round 2
    Black Panther
    Blade
    Daken
    Deadpool
    Iron Man (bumped Bullseye out of Rd 2)
    Loki
    Luke Cage
    Quicksilver (bumped Beast out of Rd 2)
    Storm
    Wolverine
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Already championed
    icon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_thing.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_hood.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png

star.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_storm.pngicon_wolverine.png

Current plan is putting all iso8.png into star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_cyclops.png then icon_deadpool.png

Mostly stuck to the plan, icon_iceman.png pushed icon_deadpool.png out of the way and I pulled a few Phoenix covers, now 1/4/4 so Deadpool will wait a bit more since I'm now working on her
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed 4*: icon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.png
    -NOT- Champed 3*: icon_beast.png (will be by next week), icon_colossus_new.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_vision.png
    Max Champed 2*: icon_ares.pngicon_thor.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_storm.png (no others needed on roster). Only running Juggy as 1*.
    4*'s at level 172 (DDQ'able, many have 13 covers): icon_antman.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_devildino.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_professorx.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_thing.png
    4*'s that can get there now but aren't there yet: icon_ghostrider.pngicon_hulkcho.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_x23.png

May continue to champ the 3*'s, since I'm down to only a few not done. Putting other 4*'s to 172 will be another "next" goal, so they can run DDQ. I need 2 or 3 covers for RHulk, Thing, and DPXF - more covers for any of them will put them on a priority list to max. I have 12 total 5* covers (six in Jean, zero black suits) - haven't dropped a single ISO into those and can't see the point for quite some time (if ever).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best 5* = icon_wolverine.png Lv 390. Also have icon_silversurfer.png and icon_jeangrey.png but not all three colors, so not useful yet.

Champed 4*s = icon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_thor.pngicon_nickfury.png 4*s who are fully covered but not yet champed: icon_professorx.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_antman.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_ironman.png

Champed 3*s = All but icon_bullseye.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_vision.pngicon_sentry.png

Champed 2*s = All but icon_hawkeye.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_daken.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_spiderman.png

I'm going to champ my seven remaining 3*s, then my five remaining 2*s. I will either then start champing more 4*s or else start champing more 2*s all over again, then selling old fully-max-champed 2*s. Because I'd rather get the extra CP, and you get so many 2*s all the time, so you can get the cp, hp, tokens and covers rather quickly.

I'm not in a huge rush to champ 4*s since it takes forever, and they're not way more useful than the ones I've already champed. But I'll get to it eventually. And of course if I win a new helpful 5* cover, then I'll level that up before champing any more characters.