(Re: Champions) Will you now add a 13th cover to IM40?

2»

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just tried the combo this morning and it's definitely slower than IM40 + Steve since you have to collect both purple and yellow to feed Steve, whereas with IM40, all you have to do is collect yellow (and make one red and one blue match). OTOH the color coverage is better and has better one-shot and/or one-turn damage potential.

Thinking about this some more:
    Steve/Scott/MagNow requires:
    3 yellow matches +
    3 purple matches
    = 6 total matches

Steve/Tony 40 requires:
    3 yellow matches +
    1 red match +
    1 blue match
    = 5 total matches

A difference of one turn, though the former combo lets you place the blue tiles to (hopefully) pick up other required colors, at the cost of one additional turn. Pretty close comparison, then!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like having two batteries incase the board is void of a color. Mags is a must because he gives blue and floods red with his Purple. Then either Scott or IM 40 as the third character for Yellow. Then you have four colors to feed Steve directly (Blue/Red) or indirectly (Yellow/Purple).
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guys. Dont throw out those 13th IM40 covers. DONT! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    Guys. Dont throw out those 13th IM40 covers. DONT! icon_e_wink.gif

icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Gawd I miss your thread, turul! And I do hope a little bird told you good things are on the horizon for ol' Tincan40 here!
  • Quebbster wrote:
    I will not.
    My Iron Man has been 5/5/3 for ages and will be championed soon. It's not hard to find a use for that green Ap, and inte championed I might use a 5/4/4 build when I have a good purple outlet.

He's working good at Big Enchilada. OBW IM 40 and Thor.

Thor does a quick red, brings yellow tiles, IM40 makes tons of AP for OBW, and Thor again... and so on.

IM40 has his right to be in my teams.

Mf got him on 5/4/4, works so good.
    Stormy is waiting for another blue, then champion him and change to 5/4/4.

I can't understand why so many people here don't like him.
  • Cousin Simpson
    I've tried a few Steve-focused configurations on the two Punisher+Goons, and I have to say that 5/5/2 IM40 still seems the most reliable. Cap/Cyclops/MagNow got wiped, Cap/MagNow/Hood same -- all were too slow and/or low-health to survive countdowns triggering. IM40/Cap/Hood did much better; with this team, I took about 2000 cumulative damage in one game, and another time I took serious damage but still won with my entire team to still alive.

I have a yellow cover in my queue right now, but depending on a potential buff, I'm still thinking that Cap and a 5/5/2 IM40 is a gangbusting team.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    for cap you could double up with both im40 and mnmags. or throw falcon in for extra cd control while you get your shields going.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like I tied up the poll with a No. I've got a 140 5/5/2, a 40 5/5/2 and a 40 3/4/2, I think. I've moved on from LCap/IM40 to Thor/IM40, and use a 5/5/3 Kingpin, so that I can collect purple and generate 8 yellow AP. Thor is definitely faster than LCap, but doesn't have the CD overwriting ability. When Thor is locked out, I can go back to the LCap/IM40.
  • I vote yes, but would boost his yellowtile.png to 4 seeing as it's going to usually take 4 matches of yellowtile.png to activate his ability anyway (You need 10 AP to activate his yellowtile.png at 3, you would either need to make 4 matches and have 2 left over or hope that you get a match 4 on one of them).

With yellowtile.png at 4, he can play very well with Grey Suit Black Widow and Steve Rogers.
    You'll be down a blacktile.png user, but if you can get a successful recharge, you'll hit so hard afterward that you won't miss it.

If you really need a rainbow team, Iron Man, Steve, and Iron Fist probably wouldn't be too shabby either, but

(Gonna go on a rant. One thing that would really buff Iron Man m40 in this combo is if his bluetile.png ability became a blacktile.png one. Of course his redtile.png should also change in the process, a fun idea would be to add it in with his yellow and make it so that his unibeam always goes off (for free) if you get a full recharge before stunning him. This would make him great already without making him too overpowered. Going into full on dream mode, give him a different red (repulsor beam) that activates like a trap tile, it can even deal minor damage to Iron Man (only if it activates) if they want to go with the theme that everything he does has a drawback. Suddenly Iron Man is 100x more useful.)
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    I did the deed and championed IM40. My reward was an Ant-Man yellow cover. icon_e_sad.gif
  • MPQ has an IM40 character? icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's safe to say IM40 is going to get a buff/rework.

I mean he's actually one of the easiest to fix as you do these things.

Red--Drop to 10AP get rid of AP drain

Blue--Drop to 12-14AP get rid of AP drain

Yellow--a little more work

Recharge - 9 yellowtile.png AP
    Recharges weapon systems. Creates 3 Countdown tiles that activate after 2 turns, restoring 3 Red AP each. Iron Man is then stunned for 2 turns as systems reinitialize.
    Level 2: Each Countdown tile also restores 3 Blue AP
    Level 3: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Green AP
    Level 4: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Purple AP
    Level 5: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Black AP. Iron Man is stunned for 1 turn

The key of yellow, is in order to truly give it a back lash is to have level 4 red and blue covers suck, so if you do go all in yellow, you will have a price to pay in that blue or red will suck for you at 3 covers.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40 now lvl 169.. done.
  • Cousin Simpson
    I finally did it -- 2 yellow covers, both applied, 166ed, and championed him for a red Thing. Very mixed feelings right now. icon_redface.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think it's safe to say IM40 is going to get a buff/rework.

I mean he's actually one of the easiest to fix as you do these things.

Red--Drop to 10AP get rid of AP drain

Blue--Drop to 12-14AP get rid of AP drain

Yellow--a little more work

Recharge - 9 yellowtile.png AP
    Recharges weapon systems. Creates 3 Countdown tiles that activate after 2 turns, restoring 3 Red AP each. Iron Man is then stunned for 2 turns as systems reinitialize.
    Level 2: Each Countdown tile also restores 3 Blue AP
    Level 3: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Green AP
    Level 4: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Purple AP
    Level 5: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Black AP. Iron Man is stunned for 1 turn

The key of yellow, is in order to truly give it a back lash is to have level 4 red and blue covers suck, so if you do go all in yellow, you will have a price to pay in that blue or red will suck for you at 3 covers.

Honestly, I think that they could keep the current AP cost & drains on his Red and Blue if the Damage was ramped up to take that into account.

Yellow could be changed to create increasing numbers of tiles with more covers and earn AP on all 5 other colors from level 1.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    New poll!

Are 57% of the players kicking themselves?

Thanks to everyone who convinced me to add the third Yellow. Excited to champ/respec/ and try the new Tony.
  • I'm not kicking myself THAT hard. Sure I didn't get a 3rd yellow cover, but at least I didn't sell him, and with 20cp and 47k iso I'll be abusing him with the rest of you. icon_e_wink.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    I voted "No" and I'm not kicking myself, but that's due to special circumstance. I already have a maxed/champed 5/5/3 IM40. I also have a duplicate 5/5/2 IM40, hence the "No" vote. So I'll simply respec my champed version as desired and go ahead and sell my duplicate once the sell price increase happens (I don't think I've spent enough to get the special break down a character deal).
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    I voted "No" and I'm not kicking myself, but that's due to special circumstance. I already have a maxed/champed 5/5/3 IM40. I also have a duplicate 5/5/2 IM40, hence the "No" vote. So I'll simply respec my champed version as desired and go ahead and sell my duplicate once the sell price increase happens (I don't think I've spent enough to get the special break down a character deal).
    Couldn't hurt to ask...