DDQ Crash of the Titans: Hulkbuster (01/18/16)

vinnygecko
vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
Like the first cycle of DDQ, Hulkbuster gets to face off against the Hulk.

Last time around, my HB was not covered well at all, and the Hulk crushed me pretty easily.

This time around, I'm a little closer to being complete, with a level 180 5/2/3 HB. Thankfully, I was able to win pretty easily on the first try. Got Hulk proof off, and saved up enough red to one-shot Hulk.

The reward: a much needed redflag.pngicon_redhulk.png

How did everyone else do?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 280 IMHB had no trouble, sold my 6th or 7th cho black from it.
  • two overdrives, punch him in the face, prof x yellow.

i wish they were all that easy.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3 level 270 HB. Bad board with lots of green and little red/blue. Two claps from Hulk, one punch from HB. Game over.
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Last time around I had a 1/2/0 HB and got obliterated, this time my HB is 4/5/1

I had not pumped any iso into HB so he was still level 70, thought I would give it a go and then if I failed then pump 10 levels into him and repeat.

I was looking good at lvl 110 when my phone decided to reset (had enough red to take him out) that was very annoying as the next few times I god taken down, finally pumped another 30 levels into him to bring HB up to 140 and did it no problems, my reward, a redflag.pngicon_carnage.png which was needed (to be fair the only 4*'s I do not need are yellowflag.pnggreenflag.pngicon_wolverine.png , blueflag.pngicon_ironman.png and redflag.pngicon_elektra.png )
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    My 0/5/5 HB @ level 106 gets Hulk down to half health before losing. Just one red cover and I might stand a chance icon_e_sad.gif Anyone have any joy with a 0/x/x HB?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 0/5/5 HB @ level 106 gets Hulk down to half health before losing. Just one red cover and I might stand a chance icon_e_sad.gif Anyone have any joy with a 0/x/x HB?

#1 in my bracket has a 0/3/1 IMHB, and beat it. I am guessing boost all dmg, boost black/green damage (since you need to deny green), add black ap, get overdrive out, and match damage him to pieces.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    first time with my 3/5/3 lvl 166, which was very satisfying. Couple of blues, fire of a 30AP red, fire off black, 2 goes and done. I remember bemoaning how my 1/3/2 couldn't handle it last time so it's nice to feel like progress is happening, purpleflag.pngicon_x23.png for my trouble, taking her to 3/2/5, starting to look very usable! Now just need all that ISO I used on championing back...
  • ThePants
    ThePants Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    This will be my first chance to actually do some damage in C.O.T. Anyone know who Deadpool is facing off against Saturday?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ThePants wrote:
    This will be my first chance to actually do some damage in C.O.T. Anyone know who Deadpool is facing off against Saturday?
    Most likely X-force Wolverine, just like last time. Just don't let him do a Surgical Strike and you should be fine. Last time I pulled it off with a 3/1/0 Deadpool (and lots of boosts and luck), so I imagine my current 5/4/3 Deadpool will have little difficulty.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Lvl 209, 5/4/1 HB did it in two tries. 1st try was just endless green and cascades, I couldn't get any active's off. 2nd try went much better and after one clap, just built up the the red AP until I could one punch him with 30 red. Got a redflag.pngicon_carnage.png , which I do need.
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Last time I had zero red in my level 125 hulkbuster. This time I had a level 140 2/3/5 imhb. I still found it challenging. First four times were green heavy boards, and Hulk was able to clap me to death. Granted, I have not used imhb because just got my red covers yesterday, and I don't know how he works quite yet. On the last try, I was able to punch twice with red, and denied green. He had 115 health left, and I had 1800 and then Hulk used smash. That killed both of us, but that counts as a victory for me! Looking forward to more red covers to get imhb to his potential.
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Malcrof wrote:
    #1 in my bracket has a 0/3/1 IMHB, and beat it. I am guessing boost all dmg, boost black/green damage (since you need to deny green), add black ap, get overdrive out, and match damage him to pieces.
    Thanks for the advice - levelled up HB to 128 and used lots of boosts and beat him with 1800 health to spare icon_e_biggrin.gif I didn't use Overdrive as I didn't want his Anger to go off - I did use Hulk-Proof a few times though. My reward from the Legendary - icon_starlord.pngredflag.pngicon_rolleyes.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3, 272, no contest. Hulk went down easy 1 shot

icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.png
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champion 5/5/3 HB, easy as pie even before the board started throwing red at me like it was going out of style. I hit him with a 30AP punch and never even used Overdrive.

Prize: icon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.png, giving her a second champion level.
  • 0/4/1 level 94 Hulk Buster

60% damage boost, +2 Black/Green, +2 All AP

Board started out with a couple match 5's which I gladly took and immediately put up an Overdrive. Pumped out 2 Overdrives and started hitting him for 800 a match and luckily a few matches a turn.

Got him down to 3000 health and then accidentally hit him too hard with a few matches... he got 2 Angers out, both resolved giving him enough green to kill me. Luckily he had 1000 health and enough red to kill me too. He used Smash and murdered us both... VICTORY!
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Was considering putting some ISO into my level 94 2/2/1 HB, but thought it might be a waste if I still can't take down Hulk. Your post gives me hope!
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Was considering putting some ISO into my level 94 2/2/1 HB, but thought it might be a waste if I still can't take down Hulk. Your post gives me hope!

I think you should. I'm so jelly that you have redflag.png
    I really think you can do it. I've been smashing my head against the wall with my 0/2/3 but I feel like I should be able to make it happen.
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Just did it with a 168 0/4/5.

Boosted 100% match damage, +2 All, +2 Black/Green. Mostly just green and red denial, as the first time I used Overdrive, he matched the tiles right away. He got enough red to pull off 1 Smash, which he did with 8 green. By the next time I used Overdrive, I had 3k HP and he had 1k. He lucked into enough green for Thunderous Clap, but my protect tiles from blue left me with 173 HP, and I could finish him off.

SL Yellow, which is technically needed.
  • 4/2/1 lvl 131 beat him on my 2nd try. Got a good board for denial, needed two repulsor punches, but not any real problems.

Got IW greenflag.png for my non-invisible woman. What a celebration of my 1st ever 4*DDQ win!
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2016
    Having a kitty of a time with my 1/4/2. The board is just determined to feed Hulk whatever he needs. icon_e_sad.gif

Edit: Well, guess it's not in the cards. At least Demiurge saved me some money with the HP to CP switch, I was close enough to try buying a cover.