Correct the spelling of "its" and misuse of "less."

I usually avoid being a grammar and spelling nitpicker. But I cringe every time I see these two basic errors.

1. The game invariably spells the possessive form of "it" incorrectly. It's "its." E.g.: "This card adds one to its attack strength every turn." There's no apostrophe in the possessive form of "it." (It's, with the apostrophe, is a contraction for "It is.")

2. The game incorrectly uses "less" instead of "fewer" in the side quest text. It's not: "Get a reward if you cast less than 3 spells." It's: "Get a reward if you cast fewer than three spells."

I know these are low-priority glitches, but I hope the devs consider fixing them.

Comments

• D3 could hire community editors. I'm sure there are several editors who are just itching for experience (myself included) and would love a chance to edit for the game - even on a volunteer basis. I've seen other games follow a similar trend.
  • I just want to second everything Mr Spock said; the "less" and "it's" mistakes are driving me nuts. (Then again, I also twitch uncontrollably when I see the "12 items or less" line in the supermarket.)
  • +1. It just looks unprofessional. I hate feeling like I care more about the quality of the game than the people who made it.
  • Galadrial
    Galadrial Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    30 years ago "how come" in place of "why" made my mother cringe. I know what it means, but still don't know how come it became to be accepted grammar... ewww, I just made myself cringe
  • I was thinking about reading everything and making a complete "needs to be edited" guide for the game playing every match and carefully reading the opponent's ability info and the challenges and card info, but some cards with mass amounts of text are very hard for me to read all of it on my iPad mini 2
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Fix the "its"/"it's" sure. But forget less/fewer. If you read up about it, the whole distinction is pure stupidity in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fewer_vs._less
    "However, descriptive grammarians (who describe language as actually used) point out that this rule does not correctly describe the most common usage of today or the past and in fact arose as an incorrect generalization of a personal preference expressed by a grammarian in 1770.[2]"