PVE: Enemy of the State (2016-01-07 to 2016-01-14)

13»

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The final sub has a single node that is worth more points than all of Hell's Kitchen combined, and that's before rubberbanding kicks in.

(Thanks to the sheer number of points in that sub, rubberbanding will kick in unless you grind it in the first eight hours of the sub -- last time the essential wave battle went over 10K for me before my second clear.)
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Hiding Command Points in Gorgon nodes is just mean.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Gorgon bugged (probably from the champion change) or is my memory bad? I could swear debilitating slash was about 50% of adamantiums damage, now it's 133% for only 10 ap. Awaken the hand also seems to be doing about twice as much damage.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Did this always happen with Gorgon before? When you match away one of the countdown tiles in Awaken the Hand, did the always spawn Attack tiles as if you killed the one of the Testitu (I know the spelling is wrong) and they Turned to Smoke?

I don't remember that from previous runs, but maybe that's because there was already Attack tiles on the board when I fought him in the past.
  • _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Tatercat wrote:
    Did this always happen with Gorgon before? When you match away one of the countdown tiles in Awaken the Hand, did the always spawn Attack tiles as if you killed the one of the Testitu (I know the spelling is wrong) and they Turned to Smoke?

I don't remember that from previous runs, but maybe that's because there was already Attack tiles on the board when I fought him in the past.

Yes, he always generates attack tiles when you match his countdowns.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm having way more difficulty with the Gorgon nodes in Hand Fortress this time than I did last time. My usual go-to team of Steve and IM40 is too slow to keep Gorgon from Debilitating me and Awakening his Hand (even when I can bring Hood in), and I haven't been particularly close to setting up the Steve's Big Shield combo. Maybe I'll try some AP stockpiles, but does anyone else have suggestions?
  • I'm having way more difficulty with the Gorgon nodes in Hand Fortress this time than I did last time. My usual go-to team of Steve and IM40 is too slow to keep Gorgon from Debilitating me and Awakening his Hand (even when I can bring Hood in), and I haven't been particularly close to setting up the Steve's Big Shield combo. Maybe I'll try some AP stockpiles, but does anyone else have suggestions?

boosted hulk likes the pain. especially the shurikens. three shuriken hits equals three angers and a **** load of green mana. and hes really funny against caltrops.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    I'm having way more difficulty with the Gorgon nodes in Hand Fortress this time than I did last time. My usual go-to team of Steve and IM40 is too slow to keep Gorgon from Debilitating me and Awakening his Hand (even when I can bring Hood in), and I haven't been particularly close to setting up the Steve's Big Shield combo. Maybe I'll try some AP stockpiles, but does anyone else have suggestions?

boosted hulk likes the pain. especially the shurikens. three shuriken hits equals three angers and a **** load of green mana. and hes really funny against caltrops.
    Particularly if you also have some good strike tiles. Bullseye and Grocket are happy to provide!
    For the last wave node in the Hand fortress I had to change tactics though and went for Vision, Bullseye and Loki, and that worked a lot better for some reason. Those Heavy Strikes can get really nasty...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    can't say enough how good hulk, iceman, switch is. all about feeding ice green and purple, which makes blue. my ice is really low level (131), but fully covered now and just low enough where hulk can tank green over him in the right position (for this event). hulk tanks 4 colors and thanos is right - 3 shurikens is guaranteed green+cascades. love bulls too, but I sure am leaning on ice more.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards

I've been using Steve/IM40/Rocket&Groot and a +2R/Y boost (neither my IM40 or my R&G are well covered, although IM40 has two yellow, so I guess that's all he really needs). With R&G tanking pretty much everything but red and black, while healing on yellow, it's bought me enough time for two yellow or three red matches to get going. I'm still a little soft-capped while I wait to cover more of my 3*'s, though (at this rate, my 3*'s will probably be racing to their cap with my 2* champions), so with scaling your results may vary.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I will just barely make the Legendary token this time too, but considering I have only done about 2½ clears of each sub I suppose that should be expected. Fortunately you can get a lot of points grinding wave nodes when rubberbanding kicks in at the end...
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Absolutely loving this PvE this time around, It's always been a favorite of mine. I'm not using health pack or boosts as Groot tanking and self healing is an absolute godsend. Bullseye ruins the survival nodes, Doom for the normal nodes.

Really good fun, nice mix of boosted characters. Love it. Had a few issues with Gorgon, but again Groot eats the hits then heals back up if you play it strategically. Had some close ones but it's overall been great.
  • _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Personally, I am doing fine in essentials with:

- star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png , star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png , icon_scarletwitch.png for the icon_storm.png one,
    - icon_iceman.png , icon_professorx.png, icon_scarletwitch.png for the icon_iceman.png one,
    - icon_rocket.png , star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_cyclops.png, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_bullseye.png for the icon_rocket.png one.

Hardly used any health packs in sweeps. Iceman is barely 5/3/2 but his green hits hard.