Embermaw Hellion bug

Options
When playing against Embermaw Hellion in order to complete the "Lose more than 8 creatures" challenge creatures killed by spells or by direct action (do X damage to target creature) are not counted.

Likewise when playing supports such as Murder Investigation which casts a 1/1 Soldier when a creature is killed, no creature kills (original creature OR 1/1 Soldier) are counted.

Comments

• I used to use that same strategy. Champion Lv3 on an enemy creature + Murder Investigation. Countless soldiers died to overpowered enemies in vain.

Through testing I've found that it only counts if you lose a creature at the same time the enemy does. Ex:
    1) 3/4 [defender] vs 4/3 [berserker]
    2) If Embermaw Hellion uses "Fiery Conclusion" (destroy one of your creatures to deal 5 dmg to an opponent's creature). Don't know if Chandra initiating Fiery Conclusion may also count.
  • No, it's a bug, instead of counting losses from you it's counting defeated creatures from the opponent.
  • No, it is counting creatures that you have lost defeating the opponent's creatures. Killing them outright (Ex: 8/8 first strike vs 8/8) does not count they both must die in order for it to count. You seem to not understand that from my other post.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Try killing your opponent's creatures with direct damage spells...
  • I finally beat it but it took forever. Using Gideon I filled my deck with 1/1 creatures and Homicide Investigation and just kept chipping away at it until I got the number of creatures needed, then buffed up all my 1/1's with his "all creatures get 2/2" and killed Him as quickly as possible. It took about fifteen tries to get all the cards to line up right and not kill or be killed to fast but it worked eventually. Now if I can get through Jace's Sanctum I'd be done with all the challenges for that chapter.
  • You just need to kill opponents creatures.

I completed it using Jace with a deck full of bounce and frog spells.