PVE: Enemy of the State (2016-01-07 to 2016-01-14)

Comments

• its not about collecting prizes, its about harvesting all possible points from the nodes. if any of your nodes show points available thats what youre missing. additionally the main single node on the first page is also repeatable and should be ground down as it is worth substantial points. if youre doing all these things youll be well over 20k. im at 20k and the leader in my bracket (slice 3) is at 24k with just under 5 hours to go in the first sub.
  • I played all and ground them down till they were green i.e. No prizes left. Including the first board. Are you able to continue after getting all prizes and still earn points?
  • short answer, yes, long answer it depends.

you can achieve all the prizes in only 4 tries. it usually takes more, because after the first pass you get one prize and for the remaining three each clear is a 50/50 chance at one of the remaining prizes or 20 iso until you hit them all and get the green checkmark.

the prizes are independent of the points you score for clearing the node which shows in the upper left corner of the screen when you select the node. it will show the points available and "full points in xxxx" if its not full points. this goes down 1/6 i believe for each clear and adds 8 hours to the timer for full points. it then starts to slowly recharge. if you hit it again right away it will drop another 1/6 and add 8 more hours to the full point time. you need to hit it 6 times back to back to back to reduce it to zero. in a 48 hour sub you will make 5 full clears and then in the last three hours or so hit it 6 more times. i may be a little off in my count, someone else can back me up or correct me. in other words you need like 11 clears of each node in order to hit the top of the scoreboard and you must hit it at the proper clear times to score maximum points.

i hope this helps. someone else please chime in if im off slightly on my numbers. i dont do this. my clears are less than optimal and i do not grind at the end. too stressful for me.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Did they actually remove Crit Boosts from Node Rewards? Or am I imagining things?
  • Zen808 wrote:
    Did they actually remove Crit Boosts from Node Rewards? Or am I imagining things?

likely not removed, 48 hour subs have 2 nodes with 2 command points each and wave nodes dont give them. wait til next sub, im sure theyre back.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Zen808 wrote:

likely not removed, 48 hour subs have 2 nodes with 2 command points each and wave nodes dont give them. wait til next sub, im sure theyre back.

And, speak of the devil, they're back in Avengers Tower.
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Unless you are very serious and competitive at this game, shoot for the Legendary token and you'll be in the top 100. Much less stress and time
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    It`s quite funny to beat those nasty ninjas with my maxed out Doctor Doom, Hulk and (nearly maxed out) R&G.
    With that team I didn`t lose a fight so far.
  • I just did the last node of the second slice for the third time, but this time i was defeated in the fifth wave.
    How does that affect my score? I still received some points, but the countdown timer is not fully increased by 8 hours?

and is there a way to get rid of attack tiles apart from matching them or abilities that destroy random tiles. I know lokis black can do strike and protect, but not attack.

And those caltraps, how do they work exactly. If i make a match four and an entire column disappears, do they only trigger if they were within the four i matched? or within the entire column? Because these things.... they are insane.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best team against Ninja Waves: Blade, 3* Cyclops, Daredevil

Blade's black steals red (strongest color), using this red you can either use Cyclops' red for the kill or DD's red for a trap you can match or use Cyc's yellow after you set a trap. Don't worry about Blade's strike tiles overwritting DD's trap, it won't, unless it's the only red on the board and with Blade stealing red the ninjas aren't laying down CDs. DD's blue stun will constantly stun the ninjas. If any ninjas let off their attack tiles, use DD's purple to remove them.

Quite simple and I have used this team during every EotS PVE. Try it, you won't regret it.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Best team against Ninja Waves: Blade, 3* Cyclops, Daredevil

Blade's black steals red (strongest color), using this red you can either use Cyclops' red for the kill or DD's red for a trap you can match or use Cyc's yellow after you set a trap. Don't worry about Blade's strike tiles overwritting DD's trap, it won't, unless it's the only red on the board and with Blade stealing red the ninjas aren't laying down CDs. DD's blue stun will constantly stun the ninjas. If any ninjas let off their attack tiles, use DD's purple to remove them.

Quite simple and I have used this team during every EotS PVE. Try it, you won't regret it.
    Any team without 3BE is by definition not the best icon_e_wink.gif

But seriously, I'm rocking 3BE (5 in black!), 3Cyc, and a blue user (R&G, Iceman, Doom mostly). After the first wave I always have enough Strike tiles that two simple match-threes usually kills a ninja. 3BE also loves them Smoke Bombs. I even managed to build a board where every single tile was a friendly Strike Tile (BE's green and Cyc's Yellow can be used to clear away TU tiles).

As for the third wheel - Doom accelerates Black, Iceman has a good cheap Stun, and R&G makes for a nice tank if you for some reason end up in a situation where Wolvie can Adamantium Slash you and their blue can be used to jump-start BE if needed.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bullseye and Hulk is a fun combo here, Grocket is a nice third. Get some strike tiles out and Hulk's anger deals thousands of damage...
  • Quebbster
    Anyone know why X-23 is locked out of the event? Seems a bit odd...
  • My guess is she is locked out because she is technically the current wolverine and all variations of wolverine are locked.
  • Quebbster
    bbillrich wrote:
    My guess is she is locked out because she is technically the current wolverine and all variations of wolverine are locked.
    Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine) is not locked. Logan is the only one who should be locked out...
  • Quebbster wrote:
    bbillrich wrote:
    My guess is she is locked out because she is technically the current wolverine and all variations of wolverine are locked.
    Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine) is not locked. Logan is the only one who should be locked out...

The difference is daken is not actually listed as wolverine. He is dark avengers and classic while x23 is all new wolverine.
  • Quebbster
    bbillrich wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    bbillrich wrote:

The difference is daken is not actually listed as wolverine. He is dark avengers and classic while x23 is all new wolverine.
    I don't Think the title really matters as I am fairly sure Kamala Khan (Ms Marvel) can fight Captain Marvel (Ms Marvel) just fine.
    *shrugs* Just seems odd and a likely oversight, is all.
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    So I did some math and found out that to get the LT I need 42k points after finishing the Hell's Kitchen sub. Is it possible to get a combined 42k points in the last two subs without grinding, or do I have to get my try-hard pants on?
  • Quebbster
    Krongle wrote:
    So I did some math and found out that to get the LT I need 42k points after finishing the Hell's Kitchen sub. Is it possible to get a combined 42k points in the last two subs without grinding, or do I have to get my try-hard pants on?
    Last time EOTS ran I doubled my points in the last two subs - I had started late and had to do some grinding, but I did get the legendary token with less than an hour left in the event. I don't Think you'll have any problems getting the token.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Playing only for iso in this event is wonderful. Only 6 nodes to grind!

Edit - Jk 20 iso. At this rate, I should have just gone for first place.