Support location unfair?

Options
Has anyone else noticed an unfairness in the location of your supports when casting? At first I thought it was just me so I started tracking and this is what I discovered.

Playing against Jace's Sanctum (to get the "kill 8 enemy creatures" challenge...

I played Homicide Investigation 8 times over 4 matches. In 7 of the 8 times played the gem was cast toward the top of the board in a position where the opponent could make a match on the next turn taking 1 of the 2 counters off of the support.

Jace meanwhile played Jace's Sanctum 13 times over the 4 matches and of those 9 were new plays (not already having that support on the board). Of those 9, 8 were played near the bottom of the board with no other matching color blocks in the immediate vicinity.

So basically, when playing a support, 95% of the time my support is hit on the first round after playing it and 95% of the time their support is buried near the bottom of the board. It's not this bad with other opponents but Jace plays a lot of supports and it's one I've been stuck on so it stood out to me.

Is anyone else noticing this issue or am I just being a sore loser since I can't get past this challenge?

Comments

• I have also noted when using sword of the animist when you play a support the 3x3 block of gems to be destroyed is exactly where you just played your support making using sword and evolving wilds very difficult
  • I've notice both of these and, yes, it felt "a little" annoying. I chalked it up as by design. I think they are just throwing a bone to the opponent, but I admit that I prefer a random gem be selected in such cases.
  • Colored supports are played on the color gem that exists...

So there is personal strategy involved in when to cast your supports.

If all the white is at the top and you play murder investigation...well yea, its gonna get placed on the top where it will be matched lol.

Esp take note that the AI prioritizes his color, then your color. So any of your colored supports you need to pay attention to. Don't play them if you see the board is saturated with your color. Clear the top first and leave isolated ones on the bottom.

This is a silly thread with no basis on statistics nor game rules lol.
  • AI is so easy that I don't find it particularly problematic. By the way that objective is easy to complete with red. I've done all objectives except for the 7 turn ones.