Need general help on leveling

cooleyo
cooleyo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I'm pretty unclear on the new champion process, and I just read another thread referring to Hero Points getting nerfed. I have 5 maxed 2 stars (Thor, Mags, Storm, OBW, Wolvie) and I have 150K in ISO-8. I have 1150 HP. I'm on day 151 of the SHIELD Resupply. My roster can be found here: http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/cooleyo/

Questions: If I champion the 2* heroes, will that increase their level from 94 to 144? I think I saw it improves it by 50, but then I think I saw someone else reference 166 as a cap.
If I champion the hero, is he/she still eligible for the 2 star challenges on DDQ? I'm guessing so, but just verifying that you don't have to do the DDQ with a "pure" 2*.
Will increasing all the 2* to max champion make PVE story enemies more challenging?
Any upside to not championing a hero (other than saving ISO)?
Do I understand that I will get 3 3* Mag covers for championing 2* Mag?
I'm using the free to play model and as such haven't bought HP. Will HP still be used for roster space in the future? Should I spend HP quickly if they are moving to new currency or nerfing the current?

I'm currently in a public alliance that doesn't do much, I'd be interested in joining a more active alliance, please PM me if interested.

Thanks for any and all input!

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hero Points are not going away. You just won't be able to upgrade a character's powers with them. They can still be used for roster slots, pvp shields, token purchases, health packs and boosts.
  • cooleyo
    OJSP wrote:
    cooleyo wrote:
    Questions: If I champion the 2* heroes, will that increase their level from 94 to 144?
    It will increase the level cap to 144, correct. We need to use one of their their covers to increase 1 level. (So it takes 50 covers to get them maxed)
    I think I saw it improves it by 50, but then I think I saw someone else reference 166 as a cap.
    The 166 might be a typo/mistake.
    If I champion the hero, is he/she still eligible for the 2 star challenges on DDQ? I'm guessing so, but just verifying that you don't have to do the DDQ with a "pure" 2*.
    They are still eligible. Correct.
    Will increasing all the 2* to max champion make PVE story enemies more challenging?
    It depends on the other characters in our roster. Your online roster still has all the characters at their base levels, but you've mentioned in your post that 5 of your 2*s are maxed. If the number of covers are correct, that means your 2*s currently have the highest levels? If that's the case, then increasing all your 2*s to max champion will make PVE enemies more challenging.
    Any upside to not championing a hero (other than saving ISO)?
    Not as far as I'm aware.
    Do I understand that I will get 3 3* Mag covers for championing 2* Mag?
    Yes. For a complete list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cDCzOzQPZ0juvWhiID8POYsQMQR27sTPyLhupCYcInY/edit#gid=673002743
    I'm using the free to play model and as such haven't bought HP. Will HP still be used for roster space in the future?
    At the moment, it seems that way.
    Should I spend HP quickly if they are moving to new currency or nerfing the current?
    I can't give you any advice on this particular matter, because I don't know the best answer to that.
    I'm currently in a public alliance that doesn't do much, I'd be interested in joining a more active alliance, please PM me if interested.
    Try posting here if you haven't already done so.

This was hugely helpful, thank you for taking the time. I'll check the roster I posted, I spent a lot of time inputting all the covers I have. I have 35 heroes in all, with none above the 94 level that my 5 2* are at. I'm mainly getting 3 covers off the Big Enchilada and from random vault visits.

Thanks again!
  • cooleyo
    Hero Points are not going away. You just won't be able to upgrade a character's powers with them. They can still be used for roster slots, pvp shields, token purchases, health packs and boosts.
    Ah, thank you. I haven't been using HP to upgrade powers anyway as they are hard for me to come by (using them mainly for roster slots).