Seeking advise on which 4* to focus on

razput1n
razput1n Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I have a handful of 4* fully covered, not sure where my ISO would be better spent, I already have JG and HB maxed.

I have 13 covers on Rulk, Carnage, Fury and Antman(lol). I was thinking either carnage or rulk would be best, I hear Carnage is great for def and I tend to hit 1k and then let myself drop, so if carnage can spare me losing some points after drop it'd be nice.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Concentrate in the order you have them listed.

Carnage is annoying, but people hitting you at 1k won't be particularly scared of him.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

Carnage is annoying, but people hitting you at 1k won't be particularly scared of him.

Agreed, players who are also trying to reach 1000 will attack anyone.
  • Concentrate in the order you have them listed.

Yeah, but Carnage battles can often get out of hand and actually get you a defensive win from time to time, no?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rulk is as much a defensive deterrent as Carnage. Plus he is a lot faster on offense.

That's assuming Rulk is 3/5/5 though.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah, but Carnage battles can often get out of hand and actually get you a defensive win from time to time, no?

Eh, anything can get out of hand. I use Carnage on D a bunch when floating in PvP/Sim, the defensive success rate is very low.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    razput1n wrote:
    I have a handful of 4* fully covered, not sure where my ISO would be better spent, I already have JG and HB maxed.

I have 13 covers on Rulk, Carnage, Fury and Antman(lol). I was thinking either carnage or rulk would be best, I hear Carnage is great for def and I tend to hit 1k and then let myself drop, so if carnage can spare me losing some points after drop it'd be nice.
    Rhulk is easily the best of these, but only if 3/5/5.
  • razput1n
    razput1n Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Thanks a lot for the advice, my Rulk isn't properly covered, he is 4/4/5, but once I get him to 270 I can champion to fix that. So Rulk it is.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    razput1n wrote:
    Thanks a lot for the advice, my Rulk isn't properly covered, he is 4/4/5, but once I get him to 270 I can champion to fix that. So Rulk it is.
    My Rulk started the week 552, 150, I bought a purple, maxed him, then championed him to fix his build. No regrets
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Echo. Rulk

Carnage isn't going to stop Hulkbuster. I actually like the attack tiles.
  • I agree with Rulk. You will get a lot more use out of him, whereas Carnage is not sustainable for extended play in any mode.