Dr strange

Options
captainclownshoe
captainclownshoe Posts: 7
edited January 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
I hope d3 makes a dr. Strange soon. I really want to field an all doctor team and doom and octopus are getting lonely! icon_doctordoom.pngicon_doctoroctopus.png

His colors would need to be redflag.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png with purple being a passive so i can field a full on rainbow!

This is gonna sound bad but im too tired to think up powers for him right now.

This whole idea started from trying to put together ridiculous team combos like 3 hulks 3 bald dudes and 3 handicapped guys. Ive also made a team of a red head, a brunette, and a blonde but i still need another green dame for my shatners angels team!

Nightcrawler would be nice for team 'smurf' beast, mystique, and nightcrawler icon_e_biggrin.gif

There are already so many options for team red suit w mask so that's boring...

Anyone else have ideas for silly team combos?

Oh man my brain is fried by the bluecrit.pnggreencrit.pngpurplecrit.pngredcrit.pngyellowcrit.pngwhitecrit.png right now night night

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5* Strange seems inevitable. I think it's just that his release will be closer to the movie release, as a tie-in.

Protection. Detection. Astral projection. His freebie cantrip?

SS. Can't be stunned.
    OML. two different characters.
    JG-P. free regen / second life.

I can see Strange passively gaining AP whenever enemy abilities are fired, sort of like a take on supercharged dormammu's aid. OR enemy abilities penalize them whenever used, even passives. Strange would be BONKERS at that point. Maybe that's only when his countdown tile is in play.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I specced Dr. Strange a while back, a 3-star support. He destroyed red tiles (prioritizing red enemy specials) on a black match, converted enemy specials into damaging CDs for cheap, and could increase enemy countdowns while adding protect tiles to the board.

For the 4* tier (or 5*, but I'm still hesitant to design for that tier until I've experienced more of it) I'm thinking of revisiting an idea I had back when Doom only had 2 powers. A red power, that passively creates red attack tiles whenever an enemy fires a power, but then for 10 AP or so, destroys all red tiles on the board, dealing damage and additional damage per special tile destroyed. Otherwise, those two powers could be separate, the active version (black) gaining the red AP and becoming an alternate red generator to IMHB. Even with the overlap he'd still team decently with HB since HB's blue feeds red, and he could have a third color that is more friendly with other heroes. Something like "Creates a Strength 280 Protect tile in each corner of the board" would be an interesting defensive power (but you wouldn't be able to double up easily since those bottom corners probably aren't going anywhere.)