Help me think of a strategy for this problem...

Stormking3
Stormking3 Posts: 38
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
So I have an Iceman 553 at level 120, and what do you know, I pull 2 Ice covers with LT yesterday. I'm about tapped out of iso8, but have 13 days to try and level 270 him, plus get the iso8 to Champ him.

Is there some other kind of strategy to utilize these covers later if I don't pull it off in time? Maybe roster them as dupes?

Suggestions?

If I'm screwed, just tell me. That's an acceptable answer too... Lol.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ur skrood.

I already sold my IW and AM covers, even though I have them at 13 covers each. I knew I wouldn't have enough ISO to level them up in the next 13 days, and I just didn't want to stress out about it. I'll level them up in the next few months so that they're ready for any additional covers that arrive.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    I have a similar problem with a few characters due to lack of iso.

It would be nice if they either 1) removed expiration dates from covers or 2) provide a limited capacity cover "bank" for characters that we want to upgrade but lack the iso.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ....and in the meantime, add some iso into the economy. that'd be great.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I have 3 Cyke covers in my queue.
    Maxing him would require grinding out 140K ISO in the next 13 days.

While I'm pretty sure I COULD do that if I really wanted to, I don't think I want to put myself under that kind of pressure.

Covers will come around again.
  • VA5
    VA5 Posts: 66
    Play for the next 13 days and see where you are. Worst comes to worst you simply sell the covers on day 13 with no loss.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    DDQ is what, 5k iso per day? 5k x 13=65k... ya you're screwed.

Welcome back to the land of token hoarding!

Also, 2k ice-o
  • ddq gives me 2k + 1k + 500 = 3.5k iso + 2 taco tokens and a 3 star cover.
    if we assume the taco tokens give a useless 2 star total is only 4.5k iso per day
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    ddq gives you EXACTLY 3700 iso per day (500 from 1* node, 1,000 from 2* non-survival node, 200 from 2* survival, plus 2,000 bonus for clearing all 4 ddq nodes). That being said, your best bet is to hit pves and LRs as much as you can. When your covers are about to expire, you'll have a better sense of where you are iso-wise. You can sell then if you're short.
  • [quote="puppychow"200 from 2* survival[/quote]

this node does not exist.
    There are only 5 nodes a day (plus the once a week thing for a 4 star cover), namely 500 ISO - 1000 ISO - taco - taco - 3 star cover.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Frasaria wrote:
    [quote="puppychow"200 from 2* survival

this node does not exist.
    There are only 5 nodes a day (plus the once a week thing for a 4 star cover), namely 500 ISO - 1000 ISO - taco - taco - 3 star cover.[/quote]

'Under the Sea' gives 200 ISO plus that taco.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    And there are always prologue missions for 20 iso each
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    'Under the Sea' gives 200 ISO plus that taco.
    amusing - I think 'under the sea' is the node puppy was referring to and it is a 2*-only survival node.

edit: I meant frasaria, not amusing. sry
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I had thought of this but someone also posted. If you have HP, build a duplicate and then deconstruct it after you max level the original if D3 will still allow for it.
  • DC1972 wrote:
    I had thought of this but someone also posted. If you have HP, build a duplicate and then deconstruct it after you max level the original if D3 will still allow for it.
    That's genius. A way of stashing covers in spare roster spaces. Not perfect but definitely worth it for certain covers. Bet it stops being allowed if too many folks exploit it.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    DC1972 wrote:
    That's genius. A way of stashing covers in spare roster spaces. Not perfect but definitely worth it for certain covers. Bet it stops being allowed if too many folks exploit it.

This is my worry, too, but if we can get official word that it's allowed (at least for now) that would be awesome.

eta: Am tempted to ask in the pinned thread, but am afraid they will put the kibosh on it. Vat to do?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stormking3 wrote:
    So I have an Iceman 553 at level 120, and what do you know, I pull 2 Ice covers with LT yesterday. I'm about tapped out of iso8, but have 13 days to try and level 270 him, plus get the iso8 to Champ him.

Is there some other kind of strategy to utilize these covers later if I don't pull it off in time? Maybe roster them as dupes?

Suggestions?

If I'm screwed, just tell me. That's an acceptable answer too... Lol.
    Three Motherloads. Maybe four or more. So yeah, you're screwed.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    DC1972 wrote:

This is my worry, too, but if we can get official word that it's allowed (at least for now) that would be awesome.

eta: Am tempted to ask in the pinned thread, but am afraid they will put the kibosh on it. Vat to do?

i don't know why dev's wouldn't be able to dismantle a dupe. as long as u don't ask for hp or iso u put into it, it wouldn't that big of a hassle. u bought a roster spot to boot. so they are already ahead.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    DC1972 wrote:

i don't know why dev's wouldn't be able to dismantle a dupe. as long as u don't ask for hp or iso u put into it, it wouldn't that big of a hassle. u bought a roster spot to boot. so they are already ahead.

CS is already doing it for people with dupes. The question is will they keep doing it.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would not bank on it being a long term deal. My understanding is it's being done as a "one time courtesy" to ease the transition into the new systems/features.

Your best bet is just grind the living Hell out of SSim and PvE and hope along the way you get some covers to throw into other already Champed guys for extra ISO.

The other options is, if you see you're not quite there nearing the end of the line is to take something like oBW/Daken/Wolverine into the first Prologue mission and grind your brains out. You'll never use any Health Packs, but you might lose your sanity.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would not bank on it being a long term deal. My understanding is it's being done as a "one time courtesy" to ease the transition into the new systems/features.

Your best bet is just grind the living Hell out of SSim and PvE and hope along the way you get some covers to throw into other already Champed guys for extra ISO.

The other options is, if you see you're not quite there nearing the end of the line is to take something like oBW/Daken/Wolverine into the first Prologue mission and grind your brains out. You'll never use any Health Packs, but you might lose your sanity.

A couple of other things, the one time courtesy is on a case by case basis (apparently work intensive) and any iso used to level dupes is lost.

Now, knowing how CS works, with the feature now live, i doubt they will consider dupes built since the feature went live.. so using this to keep covers from expiring may end up in a loss of iso you could have gotten from selling.