Which 2* to Champion

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
So...now that Championing is here, which 2* do you think are worthy to be championed? Aside from Moonstone, The Greatest Character In The Game, of course.

Right now I'm looking at 5:

Ares
Black Widow
Magneto
Storm
Wolverine

Anyone else from that list you feel should be removed? Or added?

Also, is it worth it to dump Iso into Baby Torch and Thor? My 3* are softcapped at lv 120; would a lv 144 Baby Torch and Thor be as good?

Comments

• The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I champed the first four you list right away. Regarding your question about Li'l Torch, etc, consider this: If you champ him, you get Big Torch covers, which can make Big Torch bigger. Same for 2* Daken and Cap, two chars I wasn't planning to champ but now am. Aside from Moonstone, Hawkeye and Bullseye, who I sold, I'm champing every 2*.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    My goal is to one day champion Bagman.

I mean with all that spare ISO I'll have lying around...
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I Championed all the 2*s (6) I already had at lvl 94. As someone who is in the 3*-4* transition I won't bother with getting more 2*s and build them up. Iso needs to go to other places now.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have all your 3 stars covered, go for whoever

if not these are the covers they give.

Ares: Ragnarok
    Bagman: Spider-Man
    Bullseye: Bullseye
    Cap: Cap
    Capt Marvel: Capt Marvel
    Daken: Daken
    Hawkeye: IM40
    Human Torch: Human Torch
    Magneto: Magneto
    Moonstone: Hulk
    OBW: GSBW
    Storm: Stormhawk
    Thor: Thor
    Wolverine: Patch

Hawkeye and Ares seem to give the poorest 3 star covers. ( just like poor black panther)
  • If you have them maxed, I would Champion them ASAP. You gain enough bonus ISO for Champion rewards versus selling covers directly that the 5k ISO cost for Champions gets offset exactly. So it's an ISO neutral investment, but you get the HP, extra 3* covers, Heroic tokens, and a few CPs. And a stronger hero, of course. You aren't going to stop getting a ton of extra 2* covers, so you might as well start working on those rewards sooner rather than later.
  • Yep, champion any you already have maxed, leave the rest alone. The rewards aren't worth the ISO to level them to max if they're not already there.

I had 7 maxed, just because of how I leveled them when I was in 2* land, and I started thinking about the others just like you. I happen to have a gazillion Wolvie covers in my queue, but then I realized that 70K ISO wasn't worth raising Patch from 167 to 170 (which is what would happen with the 3 bonus covers). The few tokens and pittance of HP and CP for 2*s are _definitely_ not worth 70K ISO.

My 2*s: Ares, OBW, MnMags, CStorm, Thor, Torch, Daken. Torch wasn't really worth it, but I didn't know that back then and I did at least use him along the way. Nowadays Torch always loses out to Thor or Ares. Depending on opponents, I run Thormneto (my fav) or Ares+OBW+Daken.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using OBW, Ares, Storm and Thor for months and i have championed them all (not much of a gain in terms of playing - just the rewards). The other I will not bother unless ISO is raining and slots are for free.

I do the same with 3*. The ones I have maxed or around 160 - i will champion. The others will have to wait and their covers will provide ISO.

I have race with time (that I will lose) - 14 days to add 60 levels to Hulkbusters (after I add 50 to Thoress - i have 3 covers for her waiting and expiring in 3 days and only one for Iron man).... I need double-iso soon (maybe in the offseason?)
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I happen to have a gazillion Wolvie covers in my queue, but then I realized that 70K ISO wasn't worth raising Patch from 167 to 170 (which is what would happen with the 3 bonus covers). The few tokens and pittance of HP and CP for 2*s are _definitely_ not worth 70K ISO.

Keep in mind you also get a LT as soon as you champion a 3*, which sweetens the pot a bit.
  • Keep in mind you also get a LT as soon as you champion a 3*, which sweetens the pot a bit.
    True dat. But if I'm sitting on a maxed 3*, I'd rather wait for DDQ to give me his lvl 167 than spend 70K precious ISO. That's almost $100! :p

I do have a couple of championed 3*s at 166 in exactly that situation, where I don't have an extra cover, but I wanted to respec. The extra cover (and LT) will come...
  • I've read a lot of posts working out the Iso cost of Championing as neutral. (plus the extra HP and tokens received) but I haven't seen anyone notice yet that every level you champion on a 2* increases sale value by 100 ISO.

I think the concensus is to champion all maxed 2 stars anyway, but if anyone has a maxed 2* they will eventually be selling, if you max champion it before selling you will double your 5k Iso investment without even considering the bonus tokens or HP. Of course relatively few people probably have a 2* maxed that they are planning to sell. Also I have only championed 4 levels so I am just assuming that the 100ISO increase in sell price is a consistent step all the way up.