On Patrol - A Team-up Guide (last updated 11.29.16)

Comments

• xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Updated with Carnage - 12 hours / The Thing (Ben Grimm) - 36 hours. Both have two actives and a passive.

Carnage's damage-everyone-except-me Red shouldn't be usable as an AI Team-Up, but they thought Supernova was balanced enough to put back in until everyone complained. We'll find out with R79.
    Platzy wrote:
    Revamped Moonstone's blackflag.png Control shift might be worth a mention on the "deal with enemy special tiles" front. It only affects up to three tiles, but costs less than Loki's blackflag.png and can also deal with attack tiles.

Agreed. Moonstone's new Black is actually quite good as a Team-Up.
  • Marvelfamily
    Marvelfamily Posts: 208
    Great overlook. icon_e_biggrin.gif

But!... Elektra gives 3 strike tiles, that's right.

The deal is, she's fooling. The tiles she gives are weak. The trick is, only to use this skill if the opponent creates strike tiles also, like Wolverine for example.

Because she steals the strongest enemy strike, and places the other weaker ones. I find it useful, but I won't use it against Daken, who creates strike tiles everytime a green match comes. ^^

And he's using the strike tiles to push up his damage with blue skill (chemical reaction). Can blow your health away in seconds, if Daken is a high leveled one.

Another variation is to combine Elektra and DD with purple also, or someone who can destroy enemy tiles in a round. Stealing/cheating with Elektra roto get a good strike tile, and terminate all other enemy strike tiles.

icon_idea.gif
  • xellessanova
    Elektra's strike tile steal can be useful, but is so corner-case and generally weak that it's a waste of a Team-Up spot given what else is available out there. It's useful against a single big strike tile generator like Sentry (who is never seen in PVP and only rarely in PVE), and negatively useful vs Daken (who gets used fairly frequently everywhere). Why not just bring a Strike Tile Team-Up generator, like Iron Fist's Green, Black Panther's Yellow, Grocket's Blue, or Patch's Green?

Updates: Jean Grey - Green and Purple, 36 hours; Ant-Man - not sendable at all.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Hi, I have two remarks:
    - Luke Cage blackflag.png is not sendable (probably because of the countdown mechanic)
    - Phoenix redflag.png is available as TU
  • LovelyMagickUnicorn
    LovelyMagickUnicorn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2016
    I just noticed something. SS and Ragnarok blueflag.png act in the same way, yes? I wouldn't know since I don't have SS myself, but assuming that they do work the same then why can Ragnarok's blueflag.png be sent out as a TU but not SS? Or even better, why not have it so that both CAN'T be sent out as a TU?
  • xellessanova
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Hi, I have two remarks:
    - Luke Cage blackflag.png is not sendable (probably because of the countdown mechanic)
    - Phoenix redflag.png is available as TU

Thanks, edited Cage -- do you know the length of Phoenix's patrol timer?
    I just noticed something. SS and Ragnarok blueflag.png act in the same way, yes? I wouldn't know since I don't have SS myself, but assuming that they do work the same then what can Ragnarok's blueflag.png be sent out as a TU but not SS? Or even better, why not have it so that both CAN'T be sent out as a TU?

Oh, now you're asking for this stuff to make sense. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yes, SS and Rags blue are basically the same power. IIRC - I pulled SS Blue first. Couldn't send him out. Then I got SS Black and I could send him.

The latest version of Ragnarok is still much older than Silver Surfer in MPQ terms; it could be that Rags got overlooked when the devs were setting Team-Up flags. Black Panther's Yellow is functionally similar to 4Cyclops Red, but you can use BP's Yellow as a TU because he's a lot older.

It's also possible that Team-Ups can get removed from the alliance gift end as well as the AI tables - I could have sworn I had a couple of Luke Cage Black TUs before double-drop powers entered the meta.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I just noticed something. SS and Ragnarok blueflag.png act in the same way, yes? I wouldn't know since I don't have SS myself, but assuming that they do work the same then what can Ragnarok's blueflag.png be sent out as a TU but not SS? Or even better, why not have it so that both CAN'T be sent out as a TU?

Yes, SS and Rags blue are basically the same power.

Ragnarok's blue doesn't include stun resistance like SS. Could that be the difference?
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Chipster22 wrote:

Yes, SS and Rags blue are basically the same power.

Ragnarok's blue doesn't include stun resistance like SS. Could that be the difference?

I hate when I have a Rags blue TU. It's almost useless. I always assumed the only reason his Blue is handed out as a TU is because it creates charged tiles that might be useful to 4hor.
  • xellessanova
    Chipster22 wrote:

Yes. On a second look, Silver Surfer's Blue says (PASSIVE). All passives are disabled as TU.
  • I got a icon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png recently after a battle - must be available now.
  • xellessanova
    Thanks, updated with the Ms. Marvel Yellow bugfix.
  • Does the level of the hero matter? Is a level 40 GSBW as good as one that is level 166, assuming they have the same number of covers?

Since the level of the Team-Up is tied to the average level of the receiver's 4 highest-level heroes, the level of the sent character doesn't matter.

This appears to have changed. In the same TU request, I just got a 166 Smash and a 130 Smash from alliance members with 166 and 130 Hulks. My top four characters are level 120.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pokeytax wrote:
    Does the level of the hero matter? Is a level 40 GSBW as good as one that is level 166, assuming they have the same number of covers?

Since the level of the Team-Up is tied to the average level of the receiver's 4 highest-level heroes, the level of the sent character doesn't matter.

This appears to have changed. In the same TU request, I just got a 166 Smash and a 130 Smash from alliance members with 166 and 130 Hulks. My top four characters are level 120.
    the way I understand it, they will never be reduced from the sender's level (other than champs being reduced to the std max). but if you send a lower leveled TU, they will be scaled up to the receiver's roster. I have a fully covered 4cyke at level 94 (at least until I finish ice and jean) and when I send him out I'm pretty sure he arrives at 270 for the receiver (assuming at least 3 maxed guys on the receiver's roster). if you sent a 270 to a 3* roster, I think it would also come in 270 as well. if I have that wrong, let me know.
  • That makes total sense and explains what happened, yeah.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Squirrel Girl's green used to be a possible Team-up, where the active part would come out but the passive wouldn't be used. Not sure if they changed it.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mystique's purple is not available as a team up.
  • xellessanova
    Updated top post with new characters released in the last 3 months and a new intro.

Of note:
    5* Characters that can be sent are all on 28 hr patrol
    4* Punisher MAX cannot be sent out at all
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peculiar. I'd expect his blue at least to be available.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    I had a question, maybe someone can shed some light on this. If you have a 4* Venom green Team-Up does it also get cheaper to fire with the number of (non-CD) special tiles on the board? I had a fight where the opponent had one and I could swear that they did not have enough TU-AP gathered to use it, but the description during a fight does not change from 13 AP 'downward' I think. Of course there could have been some TU-AP gathered in a cascade and I missed that, so I don't want to cry "Bug!!" for nothing. Or it could even be that I am not paying enough attention to what's happening and it is all working correctly, I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, team ups can get cheaper if you meet the requirements in the text.