Duplicate Characters

Clamoe100
Clamoe100 Posts: 53
edited January 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
So does it make any sense to have duplicate characters now that the champion feature is coming about? I have a modern Thor dupe that hasn't been taken up to 166. Is it better just to sell it and get the ISO?

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd say yes since you can respec champion characters whenever you want. Obviously, only do that if your original modern Thor is already at 166 so ready to be championed.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought the reason people had duplicates was to save healthpacks?

If that's not your reason then sell him.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can send a ticket to CS and see if they will dismember the dupe into its covers so you can use them for championing. I've heard tell of this happening with people accidentally creating a dupe.
  • DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Prof X will still be good to dupe. One for winfinite, possibly built as 550 and kept under levelled so 3* can bring purple as the strongest color. And a 2nd to level max and champion etc to play with the big boys.

If a duplicate can be receive champion rewards a 2nd time, then very long term it would definitely be useful to create a duplicate every time you reach max champion level with a character.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait and see what the champion level rewards are. May be worthwhile if you can earn them twice. But you still need to obtain 200 covers to do that.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got a handful of duplicate characters, and I'll probably hang onto them in hopes of BoP coming back. It's awfully nice having a few characters who heal INSANELY FAST! Though I can't recall the last time I had the time to make use of those extra characters.

The other consideration is some characters are nice to keep under leveled (like Hood) who can hide in back while making use of abilities that are not level dependant.

Lastly, duplicates are extra nice when those dreaded Heroics (like our current one) limit your roster choices.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought the reason people had duplicates was to save healthpacks?

If that's not your reason then sell him.

Some players did both. I have dup characters for different builds such as Groot and Captain Marvel then I have dups to save Healthpacks like IF and 3Thor.

The other reason I have do many dups is so I wouldn't get disappointed when I opened a 3* because I could apply it to a dup now Championing eliminates that.