**** Unknown (coming soon) **** (Spider-Man Back In Black)

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited January 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Pre-release ability precis:
    Damage/Stun - 6 AP - If invisible, deals bonus damage otherwise deals damage and stuns target for 1 turn.

Damage/Stun - 14 AP - Deals damage to target enemy ignoring effects of any protect tiles, and stuns a random enemy for 2 turns.

Guard/Invisible 0 AP - (PASSIVE) Enemy strike tiles add 45% less damage (to a minimum of 1). While enemy is stunned, character is invisible.

Comments

• Interesting mix of abilities. I'm not sure who this sounds like, just yet.
    • Rhycar
      Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
      Ah. So this is where we can find a red. Hey Cthulu, you're needed in the General Discussion forum.

And this is Nightcrawler, almost certainly. Come out of nowhere to attack, ignore special tiles...yeah, this screams Nightcrawler.
    • AdamMagus
      AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
      Nightcrawler?
    • maybe nightcrawler?
      -low cost invisibility/ damage (maybe his teleportation?)
      -attack that bypasses enemy defences? (e.g from behind or sudden attacks maybe)
      -passively reduces attack tiles like some sort of pre-emptive strike?

just my two cents, regardless, I'm excited to see who it is icon_e_biggrin.gif
    • Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      Another symbiote maybe? Looks like a mirror of Eddie Brock... Flash Thompson?
    • Kolence
      Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
      Why does the green ability say "Tile gen/AP gain" ? It does neither, it's more suited to be described as "damage/stun" like the purple one. Maybe more covers add different effects, but a more likely explanation is some kind of typo?
    • amusingfoo1
      amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
      If any enemy is stunned, or all of them?
    • Marc_Spector
      Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
      Given the recent clue ("out of the blue, and into the black") I'd love for this to be black-suit Spidey. I think he'd have great synergy with Miles Morales' stun and blue-AP generation on his yellow.
    • Arondite
      Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
      Black_Suit_Spider-Man_Portrait_Art.png
    • ronin_san
      ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
      Blue suit - black suit. Villain. Electro would be reaaaally cool.

And he is blue, and can cause a blackout. He can pop out of circuitry and surely stun someone.
    • PorkBelly
      PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
      Probably Nightcrawler but I'd like to think it's Mysterio.
    • Jarvind
      Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited January 2016
      Kolence wrote:
      Why does the green ability say "Tile gen/AP gain" ? It does neither, it's more suited to be described as "damage/stun" like the purple one. Maybe more covers add different effects, but a more likely explanation is some kind of typo?

It looks like the preview of Miles Morales was copy/pasted, but the ability titles weren't changed.
    • LovelyMagickUnicorn
      LovelyMagickUnicorn Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
      Probably not right but I'm just going to go out on a limb and say Shadowcat just because I want her. Either way looks like an interesting character.
    • Cousin Simpson
      Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
      I say it's finally time to welcome Cloak & Dagger to MPQ!
    • NickHewitt12
      NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
      For 14AP, that had better be one million AOE damage or forget it.
    • Cthulhu
      Kolence wrote:

My bad, copy paste error! Sorry and thank you!
    • killerkoala
      killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
      Cthulhu wrote:
      Pre-release ability precis:
        Damage/Stun - 6 AP - If invisible, deals bonus damage otherwise deals damage and stuns target for 1 turn.

Damage/Stun - 14 AP - Deals damage to target enemy ignoring effects of any protect tiles, and stuns a random enemy for 2 turns.

Guard/Invisible 0 AP - (PASSIVE) Enemy strike tiles add 45% less damage (to a minimum of 1). While enemy is stunned, character is invisible.

i don't know if i am reading it right, but does it matter who is stunned, or as long as "an enemy" is stunned; you are invisible to the whole other team or just the one stunned?
      • Kolence
        Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
        The one who is stunned might even see you, but can't move anaway? icon_e_biggrin.gif
      • Cthulhu
        While any enemy is stunned, this character is invisible to the other team.
      • Marc_Spector
        Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
        Cthulhu wrote:
        While any enemy is stunned, this character is invisible to the other team.

I LOVE THIS!! icon_eek.gif

Just to clarify -- the stun doesn't have to originate from this character for them to become invisible?
      This discussion has been closed.