HB or Cyke in PvP

Minox
Minox Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I have a 5/1/5 Jean Grey and I am looking to buy covers for a partner in PvP. I was thinking of HB or Cyclops. I see a lot more HB teams but I am wondering if it is because he is better or because Cyclops is newer.

Any input would be welcome, thanks!

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think HB is better because he is more useful with others, iron fist etc
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    hb has more health and much more likely to be used more effectively by the AI. Cyclops needs lots of strategy with where to fire blue, how many TUs you have, etc. AI ruins cyke's effectiveness. hb is hard to mess up other than spending too much red ap to kill a low health guy. I enjoy playing cyke more, even undercovered at lvl 94 for only the trivial nodes, but I can see how he's much more of a puzzle characters and not as straightforward. start with hb. cyke can come along later.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't really recommend buying covers for a 0/2/2 Hulkbuster. Repulsor Punch is HB's bread and butter. If you can get a red cover, things obviously change a bit.
  • Minox
    Minox Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Quebbster : 100% agree, I would wait on a red cover before doing anything with HB (hope it's soon as a 1000 pts reward in pvp!)
    TxMoose : Thanks for the insight. The puzzle aspect you describe of Cyke is what is making me hesitate. Seems like a fun char with different options. But your point with the AI messing up matches is a good one.

Guess I'll wait for a HB red to drop for me and go from there.
    Thanks icon_e_biggrin.gif