**** Venom (Eddie Brock) ****

Comments

• Now i gotta play dumb in this ongoing discussion my apologies. I didnt get his black in the event so using the loaner in sim pve i fired his yellow giving them 2 shields level 47. Now when i touch the shield tile it says blocking 47 damage. Does an attack tile have to exist for the enemy team for this passive to work or is the tile description read the wrong info. Sorry to sound like a noob
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Lboogie wrote:
    Now i gotta play dumb in this ongoing discussion my apologies. I didnt get his black in the event so using the loaner in sim pve i fired his yellow giving them 2 shields level 47. Now when i touch the shield tile it says blocking 47 damage. Does an attack tile have to exist for the enemy team for this passive to work or is the tile description read the wrong info. Sorry to sound like a noob

If they have no attack tiles but a shield tile, you still eat away the shield.
    If they have attack tiles but no shield tiles, you still take more damage.

It affects both individually, its not a package deal.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lboogie wrote:
    Now i gotta play dumb in this ongoing discussion my apologies. I didnt get his black in the event so using the loaner in sim pve i fired his yellow giving them 2 shields level 47. Now when i touch the shield tile it says blocking 47 damage. Does an attack tile have to exist for the enemy team for this passive to work or is the tile description read the wrong info. Sorry to sound like a noob
    I think it works a little like Vision's blue and yellow. The numbers on the board don't change, but a modifier gets applied when damage is dealt.
  • That makes sense. .thanks guys.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently his black power hasn't actually been updated in-game with the new stats posted here. I just tried this in his PVP. I used his yellow who gave two strength 41 protect tiles to the opponent. According to the new value (reduction of 25%), those protect tiles should be reduced by 10-11, but when I made a match that should deal 225, it dealt 155 only, which means that each protect tile is blocking 35 damage for a reduction of only 15% (which is the "old" value).

I will post this on the bugs subthread as well.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Cyclopes wrote:
    Cyclopes wrote:
    And then there is his yellow which is a pretty decent cost for a nuke.

Single target powers aren't 'nukes'.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler

Single target powers aren't 'nukes'.

Sure they can be.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Any power that can 1 shot a full health 3 star is (in my mind) a nuke, but you label as you see fit. icon_e_smile.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    No best build poll?
    When there is one, I hope 5/0/5 is listed as an option.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    No best build poll?

I am seriously debating that. I got a black in my que from the 1k pvp reward, but I don't know if its worth it.
  • simonsez
    notamutant wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    No best build poll?

I am seriously debating that. I got a black in my que from the 1k pvp reward, but I don't know if its worth it.
    I know... I've been staring at mine... I really think selling is the right move. But might as well wait the 14 days to see if anyone convinces me otherwise.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    No best build poll?

I know... I've been staring at mine... I really think selling is the right move. But might as well wait the 14 days to see if anyone convinces me otherwise.

I'm debating the same, but I think I'll go 5/3/5. Anything to reduce those obnoxious Bullseye protects that are in 124% of PvE events.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor

I'm debating the same, but I think I'll go 5/3/5. Anything to reduce those obnoxious Bullseye protects that are in 124% of PvE events.

For me, it is a question of potentially using Venom in the future for PvP versus using him for PvE. With his black cover, he is usable in PvE, but a target in PvP. Without it, he is much less useful in PvE but much more useful in PvP.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    notamutant wrote:

For me, it is a question of potentially using Venom in the future for PvP versus using him for PvE. With his black cover, he is usable in PvE, but a target in PvP. Without it, he is much less useful in PvE but much more useful in PvP.

I don't think running him 505 for PVP is really feasible, you give up too many levels/health. I agonized it but ended up adding the 2 black covers I had and now that its done I wont think twice about it.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 yellow is a given. Green is tinykitty awful and there are may good green abilities out there. Black has all downside removed at 5. Those two facts make it so I will go 355 without question.
  • simonsez
    But is he really going to be anywhere close to one of your top options in those nodes, unless required? Especially with these new goons who spam attack tiles. And I'm not even sure that with a high level bullseye, a -35% is going to get you out of -1 anyway.
  • simonsez
    SangFroid wrote:
    I don't think running him 505 for PVP is really feasible, you give up too many levels/health
    On the other hand, if you're going to use him with Carnage, how many turns before the attack tile buff eats up the extra health that the extra levels have given you?

Hmmm... let me try to answer my own question. At lv210, you're giving up around 3,765 health. If you assume that on average, a carnage fight will have 500 attack tile damage out, the 20% buff is an extra 100 damage, so as long as the fight goes less than 37 turns, you come out ahead. Not a bad argument I suppose.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    But is he really going to be anywhere close to one of your top options in those nodes, unless required? Especially with these new goons who spam attack tiles. And I'm not even sure that with a high level bullseye, a -35% is going to get you out of -1 anyway.

I don't see me using him much period, really. But that's another story.

I mean, easy answer is just don't use him against attack tiles, but that also means not using him with Carnage, in which case I dunno what you're doing with him.
  • simonsez
    I mean, easy answer is just don't use him against attack tiles, but that also means not using him with Carnage, in which case I dunno what you're doing with him.
    Yeah, Carnage makes Venom's green make sense... but the fact they share a green, plus the goofy design of that passive, makes them not make sense. I think it's time to ask Colog, since he was running a maxed Venom with Carnage in this last PvP...
  • simonsez
    Why assume that?
    Because people are saying they have great synergy, and if you're not going to use Venom's green, I don't think he's worth bringing along just for his yellow. It's bad enough when characters have just one useless ability.