Worst character

1235»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vision is much worse now that he doesn't get credit for attack tiles and can't double dip on his blue countdown.

As for worst character overall, other than the obvious barman and Helena that are basically treated as jokes by the devs, I think the weakest character (relative to tier) is probably quicksilver. He is both slow and very situational. And his only real team synergy is a cheesy, 3-character winfinite combo. Pre buff doc oc, beast, she-hulk, and daredevil were all worse, but they generally all got at least one ability that is both useful and relatively fast. QS doesn't have anything like that.
  • djdv81 wrote:
    I also would not consider 3* Spidey one of the worst 3* star characters. He is useful for certain PVE events as a support character and I can't count the times I have used him with GSBW. It is very nice to have some defense tiles generated every time I match purple before I get Sniper Rifle off. Good for the big enchilada too for people transitioning into 3* world.

The most useless characters in that category in my opinion would be Sentry, Quicksilver, Rags, and Bullseye. Even 1* Yelena can use her power to eliminate special tiles (Ultron) so she even has more uses for me than the ones mentioned above.

I understand that others may use them but I steer clear from them and only use their covers for taco tokens. I do wish that they did something with 4* IW. I love the character but I can buy groceries, rent a movie, go to the bathroom and by then enough AP should be generated to get her powers going. Way too slow for PVP or even PVE.

As had probably been stated, Sentry used to be a show stopper, then he was nerfed and became cancer. Spiderman was one of the old school nerfings for those that remember too. He isn't great, but as a third wheel, can shut the board down. On the topic of his pink shield tile power. In my view they should either make a pink match by either team make a shield tile for spidey, or change bullshart 2*'s power to only generate his adamantium bones for an allied team match. Pretty logical actually.

Quicksilver for sure is a marginal character. Let's all remember that d3 has been, at times, puking out new 3 star characters at a frenetic pace. Quicksilver is a victim of this, as is arguably Doc Oc, certainly Vision. Originally beast and she hulk fit in there. 3 star bullseye is certainly the answer to a question no one asked.

Ragnarok. Goodness. I've said this before. Months ago there were a handful of 3 star characters with only 2 color powers who maxed out at 240 instead of 266. NAmely Ragnarok, Doc Doom, and Loki. They upgraded Loki and Doc Doom by keeping them fairly static and adding a new power. Makes sense. They went from OK, to actually pretty good. Old School Ragnarok was good because he had a cheap red and green power, and good hitpoints. He was annoying to play against but good to have. He often came in handy. When they upgraded him, they completely revamped him. In the process they ruined him as a player to have on your roster, yet made him a summarily annoying character to fight. For someone who has lots of options for upgrades, he is easily the worst 3 star character to upgrade. I sold my 240 level ragnarok when they changed him.

Mind you, all of this is relative, since as a noob player, you're a slave to the covers you get.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    djdv81 wrote:
    The most useless characters in that category in my opinion would be Sentry, Quicksilver, Rags, and Bullseye. quote]

Bullseye? No way, while he isn't a powerhouse, he is insanely fun to play. My personal favorite is Bullseye/SW/Carnage. SW feeds Bullseye purple, which he uses to pick off Carnage tiles, and when you get the kill you get all those strike tiles which make Carnage's attack tiles lethal. I run that in the last wave in DDQ and I'm doing 3K per turn with those attack and strike tiles for end of turn dmg.

You can also run IF in place of Carnage as well although not as damaging.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bullseye is a fun character to play - I have been using Luke Cage and Bullseye in the current Mohawk Storm tournament and it's an amusing combination to play. 4k damage + 800+ in strike tiles for 7 AP is not too shabby at all. If his green was better I'd consider him near top-tier.

I also have to agree that Invisible Woman is a little underrated - if you build her 5/3/5 she has one of the most powerful (if slowest and expensive) board control combos in the game - blue into green takes out any special tiles on the board if placed properly, regardless of type. You can directly target 24 tiles by extension, which is better than it looks on paper. Obviously you're not locking the tiles you want to destroy - you target an adjacent basic tile, and then let green fly. Sadly, along with Vision and Quicksilver (and Bullseye is no winner on this front either), she is among the worst defensive characters in the game, generally doing nothing and being sad and useless when on the right side of the screen.

I guess my votes would be Ragnarok, Quicksilver, Reed Richards. I also haven't seen much to recommend Four Star Falcon, (I've never once seen a leveled one in PvP), but as mine only has one cover, there may be more than meets the eye.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Not sure whether he's classed as the worst but I hate Vision. I just dont get what I'm mean't to do with him! His red is simple, but his other two colours just confuse the hell out me.
    You use his blue to deal lots of match damage. Then you use his red to deal lots of team damage. You can mostly ignore his yellow unless you don't have any blue, then it can help you survive.
    Really, Heavy Strike is where it's at.

Wow, thanks for that! Placed his blue down last night and then fired his red. Over 3000 damage to each of the opposition. I take back what I said about Vision! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Sentry, highly unusable, unless you don't care about your team's health, second is carnage. Self-inflicted damage is his middle name, and lastly, vision. To me his powers are as light as hitting someone over the head with a bag of popcorn. It's like throwing stones at Galactus.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Sentry, highly unusable, unless you don't care about your team's health, second is carnage. Self-inflicted damage is his middle name...
    if self or team damage turns you off, then why isn't ares on your list?!?

although sentry is a shadow of his former, pre-nerf, self, when boosted, he's pretty decent... carnage is awesome... great toon to slice & dice your way through the competition...

on topic, the absolute worst character imo is quicksilver... i know that over_clocked will disagree with me... but i have yet to find him useful in any situation... even when boosted... he's slow & has no real (reliable) damage...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    you have to really try to make qs useful. most reliable usefulness I've found comes with mnmags (did this in a pve essential node). get purple and get a couple of locked tiles out and you can force his blue to fire - really expensive and can be unreliable. or you can leave 4 locked out and his abilities become cheap, but if you fire them, they usually cascade into destroying the locked ones. meh. he was on one of my my ultron teams for board manipulation with black, but that was when my roster was half of what it is now.
  • I can't understand why some guys here voted for Ragnarok. icon_e_confused.gif I use him as a blue tile supporter for OBW and 2* Storm. With only 6 red he generates blue tiles and an average damage.

Okay, he is not good as main attacker, but combine him with Rocket and Groot and Storm /or OBW, and you have a nice deadly dreamteam.
  • Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    I'm sorry, but I have to come to Vision's defense as well as Bullseye classic.

If you are talking pure, quick offensive hitters, then yeah they are weak for PvP but from a tactical standpoint they are amazing to have on your team. Lay down Heavy Density with Vison and match his tiles and watch him whittle down anyone's health. He can negate shield protection. Have any strike tiles on the board during this time and the damage keeps growing.

Have you ever dropped Contract Killer or Berserker Rage while Vision has Heavy Density out? Try it. 7K plus damage with a good cascade.

You have to have Vision tank all his colors to be most effective. Use him like the AI and keep him in Light Density mode until you gather enough AP for a density change and Heavy Strike.

Protect Bullseye long enough to get Contract Killer out and he will pay for himself time and time again.

Not everyone has to be a surefire PvP killer. There are other modes to the game. His powers shine in Survival nodes.
  • I personally think the worst character is Carnage - any character that takes health from my team is BAD for my team. LOL
  • jigawatt
    jigawatt Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I can't understand why some guys here voted for Ragnarok. icon_e_confused.gif I use him as a blue tile supporter for OBW and 2* Storm. With only 6 red he generates blue tiles and an average damage.

Okay, he is not good as main attacker, but combine him with Rocket and Groot and Storm /or OBW, and you have a nice deadly dreamteam.

Another Doh!! 2* storm is my main damage dealer but I keep messing around with MN Mags. i mean he's great but 1)I started my transition early buying up covers for 3* cap marvel so she's the main and handy at generating red ap every other match and
    2)I've sold about 3 or 4 ragnarok covers the last few days because... because i'm an idiot. and i didn't like the idea of random blues, I guess. But if you're saying it works then... ugh...
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Well it's undoubtedly venom 1* after the nerf.