Old Noob player need help

Halfest
Halfest Posts: 9
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Hi
My subject says it all, im an "old" player (past 400 something days) but still a noob, since ive never looked for anything online. Ive always played like I was feeling it, and a few days ago I started to look for tier list and guides.

So here I am, asking for help. I wanna know what team (base on my roster) i should use for PVE and PVP

I just realized yesterday that i had a decent PVE team which is luke cage/iron fist/capt america 3*. Before that i was using classic storm/wolverine 2*/magneto 2* and I was having a hard time doing the daily taco.

So has u can see Any advice would most likely help me
Thx in advance

Comments

• The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Do you have Scarlet Witch? Cap is great, but synergy with that team is low. Swap her in and solve all your problems.

(Me, I like Cap with Hood and Loki to speed him up and slow opponents down. They're squishy, but in PVE that doesn't matter much)
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Based on your roster, that's probably your best team for both pvp and pve. Your Black Panther and Blade are both decently built, and really good 3 stars. They could be backups. Work on getting more 3 star covers for as many characters as you can. There's not much need for 4 stars until you're 3 stars are built up more. Since you said you can finish ddq now, that should speed up your 3 star gathering too.

Also, look for a good alliance. Try posting in the forum. Look for the topic, single player looking for an alliance.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    3 cap, blade, and obw are really good for survival nodes. If there are no goons, you could swap out obw.
  • Do you have Scarlet Witch? Cap is great, but synergy with that team is low. Swap her in and solve all your problems.

(Me, I like Cap with Hood and Loki to speed him up and slow opponents down. They're squishy, but in PVE that doesn't matter much)
    My scarlet witch is only 1 purpleflag.png 3 greenflag.png 3 blueflag.png and her purpleflag.png and greenflag.png would get in conflic with Iron Fist so i don't know if her blue alone would worth the trade?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I think your best rainbow team is indeed Lcap, Cage, IronFist. And it's versatile for both pve/pvp. I would try my best to max them out.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    A few suggestions regarding your "preferences":

-Patch's green is actually much better than his red, especially if you have ways to abuse or negate its "drawback" (of which there are plenty in the game) go for 5 greenflag.png and 3 redflag.png
    -Magneto's red is much better than his yellow. Pumping offensive abilities over defensive abilities is a good rule of thumb.
    -Quicksilver's black is usually much more helpful and damaging than his green because you control the outcome.
    -Not that you'll get to change that any soon, but Devil Dino's Purple is his best power. It doesn't do much but being the cheapest power in the game has several benefits so you want to spam it and get the best out of it. His red and green powers are terribly mediocre when maxed anyway.
    -If you use 2* Bullseye at all you should try to put 5 covers on his purple instead of his black.
  • Rumbles
    Rumbles Posts: 28
    Some of your preferred builds are "wrong" as others have suggested. Patch 5 green is almost required. Yes this power can deal great dmg to your team. However, familiarize yourself with "hulkbombing". This is one of the fastest, most effective 3* teams for quick kills...very health pack intensive.
    When I was building 3* I found hulk/gsbw to be one of the most effective teams...tank with hulk as much as possible, build green/purlpe(turn into green). Use gsbw sniper.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    A few suggestions regarding your "preferences":

-Patch's green is actually much better than his red, especially if you have ways to abuse or negate its "drawback" (of which there are plenty in the game) go for 5 greenflag.png and 3 redflag.png
    -Magneto's red is much better than his yellow. Pumping offensive abilities over defensive abilities is a good rule of thumb.
    -Quicksilver's black is usually much more helpful and damaging than his green because you control the outcome.
    -Not that you'll get to change that any soon, but Devil Dino's Purple is his best power. It doesn't do much but being the cheapest power in the game has several benefits so you want to spam it and get the best out of it. His red and green powers are terribly mediocre when maxed anyway.
    -If you use 2* Bullseye at all you should try to put 5 covers on his purple instead of his black.
    Thx for the advices!
    I was wondering if the yellowflag.png ability of magneto to convert countdown tiles was worth it? If not yes ill go for dmg that's for sure.
    For quicksilver you say i should go for 5/5/3?
    And for bullseye i think ill sell him to get some space since i barely use him and i got him too late.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Halfest wrote:
    Do you have Scarlet Witch? Cap is great, but synergy with that team is low. Swap her in and solve all your problems.

My scarlet witch is only 1 purpleflag.png 3 greenflag.png 3 blueflag.png and her purpleflag.png and greenflag.png would get in conflic with Iron Fist so i don't know if her blue alone would worth the trade?

No conflict if treated as a three-part team, only options: Witch's blue feeds Fist purple, Fist purple generates black. Once at 12 black (or higher), punch with purple, then black. In the meantime, collecting yellow sets up uppercut, and green can either augment Fist's attack tile (again, wait for 12 black) or clear out problem special tiles (Witch); I only use Witch's purple if Fist goes down or in an emergency, but it's an option. Rainbow team with blue/red passive.
  • Halfest wrote:

No conflict if treated as a three-part team, only options: Witch's blue feeds Fist purple, Fist purple generates black. Once at 12 black (or higher), punch with purple, then black. In the meantime, collecting yellow sets up uppercut, and green can either augment Fist's attack tile (again, wait for 12 black) or clear out problem special tiles (Witch); I only use Witch's purple if Fist goes down or in an emergency, but it's an option. Rainbow team with blue/red passive.

Alright thx ill try it