4* Cyke, yellow.

MatalijownMatalijown Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
edited January 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Is there something wrong with yellow?
I fired off two of them and matched a team up. It only generated tiles as if one yellow was on the board. Shouldn't both yellows generate tiles? And if not why doesn't his yellow have a secondary move like other 4*s. (Spidys pink, antmans grow and so on)

Comments

  • atomzedatomzed Posts: 1,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Matalijown wrote:
    Is there something wrong with yellow?
    I fired off two of them and matched a team up. It only generated tiles as if one yellow was on the board. Shouldn't both yellows generate tiles? And if not why doesn't his yellow have a secondary move like other 4*s. (Spidys pink, antmans grow and so on)

    No. It should only generate the strongest color once per match, regardless of the number of cd tiles.

    The ability reads, "while one of the cd tiles is in the board, team up matches generate ap...."

    You misunderstood the description.
  • MatalijownMatalijown Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    atomzed wrote:
    Matalijown wrote:
    Is there something wrong with yellow?
    I fired off two of them and matched a team up. It only generated tiles as if one yellow was on the board. Shouldn't both yellows generate tiles? And if not why doesn't his yellow have a secondary move like other 4*s. (Spidys pink, antmans grow and so on)

    No. It should only generate the strongest color once per match, regardless of the number of cd tiles.

    The ability reads, "while one of the cd tiles is in the board, team up matches generate ap...."

    You misunderstood the description.

    You are missing the point. If I can't use more than one cd tile I should have a secondary skill. Blades stealing tile can have more than one cd and he's a 3*.
  • atomzedatomzed Posts: 1,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Matalijown wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    Matalijown wrote:
    Is there something wrong with yellow?
    I fired off two of them and matched a team up. It only generated tiles as if one yellow was on the board. Shouldn't both yellows generate tiles? And if not why doesn't his yellow have a secondary move like other 4*s. (Spidys pink, antmans grow and so on)

    No. It should only generate the strongest color once per match, regardless of the number of cd tiles.

    The ability reads, "while one of the cd tiles is in the board, team up matches generate ap...."

    You misunderstood the description.

    You are missing the point. If I can't use more than one cd tile I should have a secondary skill. Blades stealing tile can have more than one cd and he's a 3*.

    The first sentence of your original post says "is there something wrong with yellow (4* cyc)?"

    And I responded that based on your description, it is working as intended.

    If you want to suggest a change to the ability, may be you want to do it in the suggestions sub forum?

    Btw, 4* cyc is not the only one whose cd works in the same manner. Mr F also works in the same way, the CD effect only triggers once.
  • Punisher5784Punisher5784 Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    Although the OP asked an entirely different question, I had planned to start a post asking about his Yellow so I'll just ask here.

    I still do not understand "Strongest Color": I bring Red Hulk (170), 4* Cyclops (170) and Luke Cage (166), why is the strongest color Yellow?! Both Red Hulk and Cyclops' Red has higher match damage. I thought the strongest color referred to highest match damage but that does not seem to be the case with this team.
  • simonsezsimonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    Btw, 4* cyc is not the only one whose cd works in the same manner. Mr F also works in the same way, the CD effect only triggers once.
    Imagine if you could stack SL's yellow. Get two tiles out, and then keeping hitting Dino's purple until you have 30 AP.
  • Punisher5784Punisher5784 Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Although the OP asked an entirely different question, I had planned to start a post asking about his Yellow so I'll just ask here.

    I still do not understand "Strongest Color": I bring Red Hulk (170), 4* Cyclops (170) and Luke Cage (170), why is the strongest color Yellow?! Both Red Hulk and Cyclops' Red has higher match damage. I thought the strongest color referred to highest match damage but that does not seem to be the case with this team.
    at the same level, a 3*'s primary colour would have the highest match damage, in this situation, it's Luke Cage's yellowtile.png

    Ah I don't know why I labeled Luke Cage as 170.. he's 166, so he is lower than my two 4*'s. Red has the higher match damage of any of the colors yet Yellow is strongest.
  • atomzedatomzed Posts: 1,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    Btw, 4* cyc is not the only one whose cd works in the same manner. Mr F also works in the same way, the CD effect only triggers once.
    Imagine if you could stack SL's yellow. Get two tiles out, and then keeping hitting Dino's purple until you have 30 AP.

    That would turn the two least useful 4* into the most OP duo (for pve at least). Forget about winfinite, we have the Dancing Dino!
  • udonomefooudonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Ah I don't know why I labeled Luke Cage as 170.. he's 166, so he is lower than my two 4*'s. Red has the higher match damage of any of the colors yet Yellow is strongest.
    According to Wiki though.. 4* Cyclops and Red Hulk's match damage for redtile.png at level 170 is 71 (it's the same as my level 168 Cyclops, but I wanted to double check for accuracy)

    Luke Cage's match damage at level 166 for yellowtile.png is 79 .

    So, Yellow is the stronger colour in that team.

    That one makes sense to me. You have to actually check the values, don't rely on levels to assume one is higher. Last night I was playing with 4cyc (220) and maxed boosted fist (240) and cage (240). Cyc in the middle, cage on left and fist on right. Strongest color was Green, which is fist. When looking at the values, fist and cage were tied, so why was it green instead of yellow on that one? I thought when tied it went center, left, right. My center char was lower so it should have chosen left over right, shouldn't it?
  • elwhiteninjaelwhiteninja Age Unconfirmed Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    OJSP wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    My center char was lower so it should have chosen left over right, shouldn't it?
    Unfortunately in a tied situation, some of the skills would decide which is the strongest color randomly. This is true for Prof X's Mastermind too.

    In a tied situation it goes to the person in the middle, then left if stronger than middle, then the right (this is from when you setup at the start of the match.

    For example: if you have all 166 3 stars, Captain America in the middle, Grey Suit on the left, and Gamora on the right then your strongest color will be yellow from cap.

    If you were to do cap in the middle, luke cage on left, and rocket groot on the right. Then Cap would match Yellow, Red, and Blue because he is in the middle and has the same positioned red and blue as the other two.
Sign In or Register to comment.