Cheaters, cheaters everywhere

Options
Place names of cheaters here!!! Anyone in the top ten with a large amount of points, guys who beat you with extremely inferior teams to the point where even boosts shouldnt have helped them. The reporting system is way to inconvienient from what I hear, and the devs said they look at the forums. IceIX, help us!!!
I'll start, saw a guy names Hadess with a very weak team in top ten of thick as thieves or best there is cant remember which.

Comments

• Typhon13 - worst offender I've seen.
  • I think you should delete or edit the thread (based upon first viewing) because of a few things. First, anyone you believe is cheating should be reported via ticket. It takes time, but it does help. Second, you're flagging a lot of false positives with that kind of criteria. "So and so with a garbage team did better than me in a PvP event? SHENANIGANS" doesn't work - people are paired up with people of a similar level, so a player with a 1* Roster will likely fight rosters full of 1* and a couple 2* heroes, so they totally have a shot at getting top rewards. Likewise with having a solid 2* team and fighting people with decent 3* setups.

...I can't comment on people doing better than persons while using 1* teams in PvE events though, that's a bit sketchy.
  • To psykopathic, haha. That's not even my game name anyway. To everyone else, I figured the developers would take the time to check any reports, but nothing is safe to assume with these guys anymore.
  • Learn a bit about how the game works before hurling around accusations that everyone except you is cheating. This is getting tiresome.

Ropey teams fight other ropey teams in PvP. It's always worked like that. I used to grind up to the HP award if I was feeling determined while I was using Venom and Juggernaut.

This has kind of been extended to PvE (with teething problems, to say the least). Old events, your IM35, Storm and Widow would get you through the bulk of the missions, but there were some late on you'd probably need 2 or 3 shots to get through and one or two high-points level 240 that obviously weren't for you, so you didn't try. Now people with poor rosters fight level 10 mooks, while people with a bunch of 141s fight everything at level 230 for the same points.
  • Typhon13:

It's pretty much been proven across the board that people at the top with bad rosters aren't cheating, at least in PvE Events like Thick as Thieves. Because of the (horrible) way scaling is being done, people with smaller/weaker rosters are naturally getting weaker enemies. Whereas people with ** or *** high leveled teams are getting overpowered (200-230+ level) enemies.
  • I'm not just saying top 10 though. I mean top 10 with a huge number of points. If someone's running 1 stars and has 40000+ points, that's not suspect?
  • Guys, here is a real example of a cheater. I don't have pics but you can check it for yourself if you can find this dude. Slyzaar, He has a Wolverine 4* at lvl 230, A Daredevil maxxed at 3*, and multiples of each character. He has multiple bagman's for crying out loud. So he is either hacking, an employee, or a millionaire...
  • Names should not be placed without proof. That is my only issue. If someone is caught and proven to be a cheater though you can have them flogged for all I care.
  • Heard about that guy. If he didn't join the game at the very beginning and/or pay large sums of money he's either inhumanly lucky or he's cheating.
  • I've occasionally been suspicious when I very rarely see a team beat me in PvP that I can't envision using myself with any amount of boosts and luck to beat my own team even if computer-controlled. Not a big deal, though. I'd retaliate and at was close to a wash. The reports of players with maxed out rosters with fully leveled 4*'s and sometimes multiple leveled 4*s is obviously clownshoes as well.

But in the tourney today I saw (and reported) one that takes the cake IMHO. While I'm getting killed past the first battle like so many here right after the tounament had begun the #1 in my bracket had 400+ points and a staggering lead over the #2 at the time. Looking at his roster he only had a very meh collection of only 12 covers. His highest leveled hero was IM mk35 at level 43 two level 30's and the rest in their 20's or teens. The kicker though ...

He only had TWO of the heroes required to even play in the tournament! IM mk 35 lvl 43 and Storm Classic lvl 32. So he shouldn't have even been able to start the very first mission at all. The only bizarre explanation I could think of outside of cheating would be if he sold one of the required heroes after obviously making a run at the bracket. But I still saw his points going up so that's not the case unless there's an awful lot of teamup missions later.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    But in the tourney today I saw (and reported) one that takes the cake IMHO. While I'm getting killed past the first battle like so many here right after the tounament had begun the #1 in my bracket had 400+ points and a staggering lead over the #2 at the time. Looking at his roster he only had a very meh collection of only 12 covers. His highest leveled hero was IM mk35 at level 43 two level 30's and the rest in their 20's or teens. The kicker though ...

He only had TWO of the heroes required to even play in the tournament! IM mk 35 lvl 43 and Storm Classic lvl 32. So he shouldn't have even been able to start the very first mission at all. The only bizarre explanation I could think of outside of cheating would be if he sold one of the required heroes after obviously making a run at the bracket. But I still saw his points going up so that's not the case unless there's an awful lot of teamup missions later.
    Please make sure you ticket people that you think may be cheating. At worst CS wastes a bit of time on a false positive. At best, everyone (but the cheater) wins.
  • Now that you're here IceIX, can we get a non rhetorical answer on what you do with cheaters and why you don't take initiative to find them.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Now that you're here IceIX, can we get a non rhetorical answer on what you do with cheaters and why you don't take initiative to find them.
    I can't answer precisely what we do with them but they do tend to go away. We do take initiative on them, most definitely, and on a constant basis.
  • IceIX, Can you comment on why you enjoy loaded questions, and what about dolphins you fear so much?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    IceIX, Can you comment on why you enjoy loaded questions, and what about dolphins you fear so much?
    Loaded questions are fun to try and answer without digging myself a deeper hole. Doesn't always work. icon_e_smile.gif
    Dolphins are smarter than we are, of course I should fear them. Unless you mean the Gamecube dev hardware. I fear those because those stupid hard drives that carried the builds would decide to stop working if you breathed on them wrong.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    IceIX, Can you comment on why you enjoy loaded questions, and what about dolphins you fear so much?
    Loaded questions are fun to try and answer without digging myself a deeper hole. Doesn't always work. icon_e_smile.gif
    Dolphins are smarter than we are, of course I should fear them. Unless you mean the Gamecube dev hardware. I fear those because those stupid hard drives that carried the builds would decide to stop working if you breathed on them wrong.

HA HA! icon_lol.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Now that you're here IceIX, can we get a non rhetorical answer on what you do with cheaters and why you don't take initiative to find them.
    I can't answer precisely what we do with them but they do tend to go away. We do take initiative on them, most definitely, and on a constant basis.
    I have it on good authority that there's a landfill in New Mexico filled in with hundreds of thousands of E.T. The Video Game 2600 cartridges and the bodies of MPQ cheaters/hackers
  • IceIX, I believe you punish those who are reported and found guilty, which is great. But if you guys actively look for cheaters in the top tens, that would be even better. Us average players don't really have the time or patience to report every one we see. If you already do this, I have nothing else to say.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Typhon13 wrote:
    I have it on good authority that there's a landfill in New Mexico filled in with hundreds of thousands of E.T. The Video Game 2600 cartridges and the bodies of MPQ cheaters/hackers

This is really, REALLY tangentish but I'd like to point you to this. It's about the speculated burial of ET cartridges, his personal visits to the area and interviews, written by a professor I had in college. He also broke a lot of ground and taught some of the first VIdeo Game History and VIdeo Game Culture classes I'd ever seen.

I'm totally okay with bodies being there though, actually more likely. icon_mrgreen.gif