Rename "Starter Pack" to something else

Options
mouser
mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
The term "pack" has a well defined meaning in MtG. Booster pack, intro pack, fat pack, even starter pack in the past. The core thing they have in common? They all include cards.

I was confused by the MtGPQ "Starter Pack" for a week after beginning the game. Thought it was spend 1500+200 resources for a starter pack of cards. Was trying to find a description of what cards would come in the pack and whether it was a better deal then the other vault card packs. icon_cry.gif

Comments

• pressatobegin
    Options
    Yes, same experience for me. Bad naming.

Suggest using "package" instead of "pack," and display the word "includes:" and the localized price of the package.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    The term "pack" has a well defined meaning in MtG. Booster pack, intro pack, fat pack, even starter pack in the past. The core thing they have in common? They all include cards.

I was confused by the MtGPQ "Starter Pack" for a week after beginning the game. Thought it was spend 1500+200 resources for a starter pack of cards. Was trying to find a description of what cards would come in the pack and whether it was a better deal then the other vault card packs. icon_cry.gif

This. A million times this. Me and my fellow MTG player buddies were all confused. I had posted a question about it in the general forum a few weeks ago and someone set me straight. It was a poor use of common MTG terminology.
  • Suggested names: Starter bundle. Or Start-up package. Or even a banal Beginner's currency purchase.