Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• So I've found that I can do these events with my level 100 Spiderman and 41 GSBW. But it's slow. Very slow. Tediously, mind-numbingly, stupidly slow. I think I'd have to quit my dayjob in order to keep grinding on Monday / Tuesday to even have a shot at doing with my high-level team what people are managing with "I just started three days ago" teams. I'm tossing IM 35 in there simply to have something to put my yellow AP towards and try to help burn them down "faster", which.. well, it's not very fast. I'll pass on this event, 3bland5me, featured hero is countered by passive and useless in any fight where opposition doesn't have a villain.
  • Does anyone know if 'Pale Little Spider' and 'Like Father Like Son' require DD? I just unlocked 'Arrested' to be disappointed in the DD requirement. Yet another instance of having to place in the top 3 in the last event or pay $30 to even have a shot at this event.
  • abuelo wrote:
    Top of my bracket, 400 points ahead of second place:

HansaProPyro - Level 27 IM35, 27 M Storm, 14 Juggernaut, 14 Thor, 9 BagMan, 15 Daredevil.

The rest of my new missions are level 170 plus, my highest level character is a 77 Doom. I have 270 points.

What have I done to hurt you Demiurge?

Seeing as how Hansa is really high on that board, probably means the dude is cheating. Seems to be paying off.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play on my phone, but have separate accounts on tablet and Steam to muck around when I'm out of health packs or shielded and don't want to break it. So I went and started this event 2 more times for science.

I think there is some correlation between the level of characters that you use to beat the very first mission and the level of enemies in missions. Here's what I have encountered:

Phone
    Opened with l73 Spidey, l41 GSBW & l18 Daredevil. Spidey and BW are my two highest ranked heroes in this limited format so they were preselected when I opened the mission tab. I swapped in DD since I wanted to take him for a spin.
    First mission that opened up (Daken + mooks) was high 100's, subsequent missions were all 230. After the patch, 2nd mission dropped to about ~100, but all other missions are sitting at 230 still.

Steam
    Opened with l20 IM35, l12 BWM & l6 C. Storm. These are the only covers I have unlocked on Steam for this limited format.
    Missions that opened up have average levels of 16~30.

Tablet (post-patch only)
    Opened with l61 AXM Wolvie, l37 C.Storm & l16 IM35. This was as close as I could get to the level spread used on my phone.
    Missions that opened up have average levels of 16~20.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    So I've found that I can do these events with my level 100 Spiderman and 41 GSBW. But it's slow. Very slow. Tediously, mind-numbingly, stupidly slow. I think I'd have to quit my dayjob in order to keep grinding on Monday / Tuesday to even have a shot at doing with my high-level team what people are managing with "I just started three days ago" teams. I'm tossing IM 35 in there simply to have something to put my yellow AP towards and try to help burn them down "faster", which.. well, it's not very fast. I'll pass on this event, 3bland5me, featured hero is countered by passive and useless in any fight where opposition doesn't have a villain.

Well all you need to do is just reach those prizes with the high iso payout and the gold coins. Wolvie xforce sucks so much.
  • kilgarin
    kilgarin Posts: 57 Match Maker
    I feel the top of my bracket is suspect as well. But not as suspect as how the system is scaling the enemies. I can't figure it out...it's discouraging that the enemies are so tough! I've had to use my leftover 150% boosts to make some headway in this event. I'm not saying the missions should be handouts but getting continually hammered (no pun intended) by these enemies is a buzzkill. Surely there's a middle ground?
  • techzombie wrote:
    Does anyone know if 'Pale Little Spider' and 'Like Father Like Son' require DD? I just unlocked 'Arrested' to be disappointed in the DD requirement. Yet another instance of having to place in the top 3 in the last event or pay $30 to even have a shot at this event.

Like Father Like Son requires 2* Wolverine.
    Pale Little Spider requires 3* Grey Suit Black Widow.

Without clearing the required Daredevil mission Runaway, Imposters Assemble and Time For Some Answers (the most valuable missions) are permanently locked off.
  • This isn't probably the right place to suggest this but instead of ramping the enemies to increase difficulty you could change it to limit our characters level per event. For example the first mission you could limit our characters to level 20. Allow us to use our higher level characters but change the damage outputs/HP to lower levels. This would also allow us to use some of our less leveled characters like my mid 30 Magneto that never gets used or my 50ish Hulk. Allso allowing newer players to play along. Just a thought instead of raising the opponents level so high I can only finish a match by using stunlock on Spiderman.
  • pulis wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    So I've found that I can do these events with my level 100 Spiderman and 41 GSBW. But it's slow. Very slow. Tediously, mind-numbingly, stupidly slow. I think I'd have to quit my dayjob in order to keep grinding on Monday / Tuesday to even have a shot at doing with my high-level team what people are managing with "I just started three days ago" teams. I'm tossing IM 35 in there simply to have something to put my yellow AP towards and try to help burn them down "faster", which.. well, it's not very fast. I'll pass on this event, 3bland5me, featured hero is countered by passive and useless in any fight where opposition doesn't have a villain.

Well all you need to do is just reach those prizes with the high iso payout and the gold coins. Wolvie xforce sucks so much.
    He's also next in the queue for a Funbalance, with the stated goal of making him worthy of a 4* slot.
  • PhantomFO wrote:
    pulis wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

He's also next in the queue for a Funbalance, with the stated goal of making him worthy of a 4* slot.

I hope hawkeye gets his buff soon. I've been considering splitting my ISO into him and the hood (if I could get that 5th yellow)
  • pulis wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

Every mission is literally taking me 10-15 minutes though, just to grind them down. Spiderman can usually stun them long enough for me to get some red and green AP, and once I have that, I can typically shoot any countdown tiles with GSBW (or use her purple to charge up her sniper or take out the assault rifle / rockets / flamethrowers / sniper rifle / whatever). It's just BORING. Considering the first good ISO reward is at 7500, and I'm getting maybe 200 points per mission (and that's being generous), it'll be 6-ish hours of chaining stuns and firing pistols to get there. I think I'd rather go play anything else, the roster they're allowing us to use is zzz-tastic unless you've got a GSBW at high level with a maxed out green. Then I'd imagine it'd go a bit quicker with 3k headshots burning down their whole team.
  • I've been pushing through with Spidey, GSBW, and Classic Storm. Basic gameplan is to gather as much blue as I can, try to stun, and farm up enough green/purple to fire either Storm's green or GSBW's purple (to fuel Storm). Storm's green will usually pick up enough blues to maintain the stunlock along with Purple and Red for Widow. Eventually the whole thing reaches critical mass, becomes self-sustaining, and I can start firing off Storm's Blue and Widow's Green without breaking the stunlock.

Or I fail to get any blues and retreat.

The part I don't understand is why an event with so many mooks features a character that relies on enemy matches to be successful.
  • I've got to admit, I have greatly underestimated GSBW against minions. Between just her and C. Storm I have found that even a level 66 C storm and 42 GSBW can take down 230's without losing much life (if at all!) in the process. I applaud the devs on this one. Has opened my eyes to another potential combo. My 34 Spidey is pretty much riding the pines in those battles. Lol.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    pulis wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

Every mission is literally taking me 10-15 minutes though, just to grind them down. Spiderman can usually stun them long enough for me to get some red and green AP, and once I have that, I can typically shoot any countdown tiles with GSBW (or use her purple to charge up her sniper or take out the assault rifle / rockets / flamethrowers / sniper rifle / whatever). It's just BORING. Considering the first good ISO reward is at 7500, and I'm getting maybe 200 points per mission (and that's being generous), it'll be 6-ish hours of chaining stuns and firing pistols to get there. I think I'd rather go play anything else, the roster they're allowing us to use is zzz-tastic unless you've got a GSBW at high level with a maxed out green. Then I'd imagine it'd go a bit quicker with 3k headshots burning down their whole team.

Yeah, maybe i should spend another 100 dollars to upgrade black widow. Then spend the rest of my iso. I sure as hell am not spending any more on boosts since boosts are not supposed to be necessary for progressing as normal. I don't care for placement now. I'm just after progression prizes. I'll get a maxed out everyone in due time.
  • Took me 16 minutes for that match-up (spending maybe ~2 minutes messaging a friend on steam). Got 100 points now, got my token, pulled a red Daredevil cover from it. Man that'll come in han- oh wait...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if the scaling isn't based on the characters in your roster, your scaling factor in Thick as Thieves, your PvP MMR, or your character levels... What is it based on? Astrology charts? Total time played? Ancient prophesies? My high school report cards?
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Well I did 3.5 rotations and got 4330 points then the opponents exploded. Not to 230 though. Top one is only 220 and they go down from there. No idea why I got so many easy fights but me and the first place guy in my bracket have over 4000. He has 4348 and is not going up fast anymore so I imagine his opponents also exploded at about this point. This is a weird system

Minor Edit:
    The low end is still really low. First fight is level 10 and Runaway is only level 60/36/36.
  • So what's the best system, do each mission once then do it again? I just joined my bracket but pretty burnt out from 6 days of level 230 battles in TaT.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    DayvBang wrote:
    So if the scaling isn't based on the characters in your roster, your scaling factor in Thick as Thieves, your PvP MMR, or your character levels... What is it based on? Astrology charts? Total time played? Ancient prophesies? My high school report cards?

It's based on if your sister got lucky at her prom or not.

Something is way wrong ... I see everyone complaining and I have cleared the event multiple times now ..and my highest enemy has been level 20 icon_lol.gif and they are not getting stronger. I am using 85 wolvie , 35 spider and 20 DD and breezing through this "HEROIC mode".

EDIT: after 4th clear they have gone up finally.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    jozier wrote:
    So what's the best system, do each mission once then do it again? I just joined my bracket but pretty burnt out from 6 days of level 230 battles in TaT.

Well, depends on what you want I guess. You need to full clear the event 2.5 times per 8 hour reset if you want to be on pace for the x-force wolvies, so figure out if you want to do that. Missions are worth 100% / 80% / 60% / 40% / 20% of their base point value for the nth time that you play it (3rd time is 60%). The lazy way to do it is to probably just clear the high point missions once or twice per reset. There is no rubber banding here so what you see is what you get, and timing only matters to hit refreshes.