Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• Nemek wrote:
    With her green, she destroys like 20 tiles or something, you get to pick the center (it's fewer tiles below level 5). With her red, you get to pick two locations to destroy 6 tiles each (I'm not sure if I remember what happens after lvl 3 red). With her purple, you pick 6 places to put green tiles - generally, you can do a match-4 in a good spot to wipe a tile or two out.

Thanks. Testing it now. I don't have a green cover. And her red, with only one cover, only lets you pick one location. At the edge of the board, it only destroys two tiles, but I suppose it might destroy four in the center. I have purple queued up, but it's only two tiles with one cover. And I'm guessing those two can't be countdown tiles. I may just stick with M Black Widow. We'll see.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    So I have no idea how this event works. I have most of the available characters maxed out and place well in every event, but my enemies are still all minimum level after doing a full clear.

My GSBW and Daredevil are only 15 though, maybe it's weighted towards 3*'s?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2014
    Lyrian wrote:
    I wonder if the points are going to ramp up on subsequent days: with there being 3k points per resetish, 50k points seems pretty damn hard to get.

Don't think so.

I don't have either the under or over-leveled bug (somehow) and have unlocked all of the missions except for the last one "Time For Some Answers".

I think the final one pays out 200 points, as Imposters Assemble is 150. (Don't think I can overcome 120 * Yelena + Daken + Moonstone without a strong Spidey.)
    posting.php?mode=edit&f=7&p=46087#
    Given that I have completed each round exactly once, and with the assumption on the final mission payout, 1 run on each mission equals 1640 points.

With a 20% deduction per run, you get 1640 + 1312 + 984 + 656 + 328 = 4920 per run. (Disregarding 1 point runs)

Times 3 runs a day (assuming 8 hour refreshes), 4920 * 3 = 14760 per day.

Times 5 days + 1 refresh = (14760 * 5) + 4920 = 78720!!

So, I am really unsure that the refresh timer is only 8 hours here.

That being said, as usual, a **large** chunk of points ( 80 + 150 + 200 ) = 430 + 344 + 258 + 172 + 86 = 1290 per run, 3870 per day, 20640 for the event, locked off if you did not win a Daredevil in the Thick as Thieves event, or buy/win one from the Oscorp Assault Packs.

While the maximum points is well above what you need for the x-force wolvies, actually getting that amount of points is a huge issue.

Lets say that you do each mission 2 times during each refresh cycle.
    This means that you are getting 1640 + 1312 = 2952 points per cycle.
    2952 * 16 = 47232 points, which is still a little off from 54k, so lets say you need to do each mission 2.5 times.

There are 16 missions in this event, which means that you need to do ~38 missions per refresh cycle. This can be optimized by doing the higher point value missions more, so lets be generous and say that that makes it so you only have to do 30 missions per cycle. This means that for the next 5 days, every 8 hours, you need to grind 30 missions. Also keep in mind that 1st time iso rewards and the 500 iso bonus wont be there for subsequent runs, so you'd be grinding purely for the covers with no additional iso gains. Seems a little too crazy for me. I don't even think I'll care too much about the Daredevil covers: even though hes going to be used in a future buffed event, the character is pretty bad, so I think I'm going to sit this one out and go easy on the grinding.

I would think it to be reasonable to get all the rewards grinding all 13 missions exactly once per reset, since you need serious dedication to even do that every 8 hours, and that gives you more leeway to make up points by doing extra grinding on some runs. But expecting us to grind the entire event 3 times every 8 hours is too crazy. Hopefully they increase the point values or something, because otherwise they deliberately made the last few progression awards near impossible to get.
  • I wish I had a **** roster right now, that seems to be the recipe for success.
    There certainly seems to be a correlation, but the lead dev said outright that your roster isn't what the scaling's based on. Unless I missed it in the slew of threads about this, no one has divulged any information about what it is based on, probably for fear of exploits, death threats or both.

IceIX, unless I sorely misunderstood, said they don't know where it's getting the numbers people are seeing, but I think he just meant why it wasn't behaving as they expected from their second round of failed testing. But it does seem scaling by a factor pulled from somewhere is intentional, because they've patched it now and people are still reporting quite some disparity in the levels they're seeing. Most people's seem to correspond quite closely to whatever state they were in at the end of Thick as Thieves, but the devs said that's another red herring.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    wathombe wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    With her green, she destroys like 20 tiles or something, you get to pick the center (it's fewer tiles below level 5). With her red, you get to pick two locations to destroy 6 tiles each (I'm not sure if I remember what happens after lvl 3 red). With her purple, you pick 6 places to put green tiles - generally, you can do a match-4 in a good spot to wipe a tile or two out.

Thanks. Testing it now. I don't have a green cover. And her red, with only one cover, only lets you pick one location. At the edge of the board, it only destroys two tiles, but I suppose it might destroy four in the center. I have purple queued up, but it's only two tiles with one cover. And I'm guessing those two can't be countdown tiles. I may just stick with M Black Widow. We'll see.

Correct on the Green, you have to select normal tiles....it's a better power with more covers...I can change four to green now, which is a nice little boost to green AP.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    The guy in 6th place in my bracket has a level 30 iron man 35 as his only eligible character.

I may just go play this event on Steam with a new account.

I'm also starting to suspect that their scaling calculation is enemy level = base + Spider-Man level * 1.5
  • Tempted to take GSBW Green to level 5 as im sitting on 2500 HP but I need three covers and 4 more days until we get one as a daily reward if you've been logging in since it started. Just happens to be a day before it ends.

Should I take it to 4 now or just wait until I get the free cover?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    So is this event still broken. 2nd mission dropped to average level of ~60 after restarting the app, which was doable thanks to the level 77 guest DD.
    After clearing that all other missions shot back up to 3x 230, which is well out of the realm of possibility for my limited roster.
  • whorst wrote:
    I don't have a blue cover for spidey and did well in all the events before. Sadly I also only have 2 covers for GBW
    This one just doesn't seem to work without him. I could use black widows stun, if I manage to get enough AP in time, but since you can't tell which tile belongs to which goon... well good luck stunning the right one.
    So basically this event is only meant for people with a blue spidey to do well.

Whatever algorithm they're using to calculate the enemy strength based on your roster, it's still flawed and unbalanced. And this is never anything a developer should strife for, to alienate half of their user base... but it seems that's a skill they've mastered in the past week

Usually I'm pretty lenient when it comes to bugs, since I'm a programmer myself. Also have endurance working through hard games or grind a lot... but this simply is just frustrating... especially being taunted by the top guys having a roster that you can build in a few days

Sadly I'm too competetive for my own good sometimes... I should just accept and let this event pass on me -.-

I have a main blue spidey but I can't even beat this level. I cannot generate enough blues to stun the team mainly because I can't kill these enemies quick enough with a **** selection of heroes.daredevil isn't worth anything because non of his moves does damage unless the opponent does something. If you let dakken do something your entire team goes to ****. If you stun dakken, daredevil is useless. Who's bright idea was it to make a reactive character? If only dakken got nerfed. He's got 7000 life, passive damage makers and then he's got 2 other dudes to help him do massive amounts of damage.

I think the only way to beat this is to spend money for iso. My god.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok, sleep time. Hope tommorow we get a full-fix icon_e_smile.gif
  • Helpful tip: If your HAMMER enemies are different levels, you can tell which one belongs to which countdown tile by checking the damage listed on the countdown tiles against the skill descriptions in their character info. This has been invaluable to me on the first Yelena and first Bullseye mission. Thought I would share.
  • Top of my bracket, 400 points ahead of second place:

HansaProPyro - Level 27 IM35, 27 M Storm, 14 Juggernaut, 14 Thor, 9 BagMan, 15 Daredevil.

The rest of my new missions are level 170 plus, my highest level character is a 77 Doom. I have 270 points.

What have I done to hurt you Demiurge?
  • whorst wrote:
    Sadly I'm too competetive for my own good sometimes... I should just accept and let this event pass on me -.-
    It's an incredible waste of energy if the scaling makes it unreasonably difficult. Placement award: 1 Daredevil cover. He's trash, so nothing but an event entry ticket if you're not big into having everyone as insurance against sudden meta leaps, and this is one of the events you'd need him for, if it were worth a damn. If you've got 1 cover, you're good. Might miss out on a tournament buff. Progression carrot: 3 4*s behind grinding every eight hours to the point you'd have to neglect your job/relationships/cat for five days. Not happening. Honestly, the hint is that it's THREE 4*s. They ain't making that easy, unless they screwed up and accidentally left the rubber band on full springiness. I noticed a low-hanging C.Storm I'll check the difficulty of reaching, since I actually want covers for her, but I don't see anything attainable beyond that worth the fuss.

Also, if you buckle up and grind your way through this like we (I) did Thick as Thieves, Demiurge's treasured data will just tell them you loved it. If only two psychos who really want those Wolvies and a gaggle of proud mid-level IM35 owners are playing, they might start to suspect something isn't working quite right.

I really want to know what the scaling is actually based off, though. Obfuscated systems just make me assume someone's doing something underhanded and want to pick them apart to see what.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Every mission is at 230 for me after beating the first. Of my available characters I have wolverine at 85, and everyone else is under level 50. This is absurd.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Veracity wrote:
    whorst wrote:
    It's an incredible waste of energy if the scaling makes it unreasonably difficult. Placement award: 1 Daredevil cover. He's trash, so nothing but an event entry ticket if you're not big into having everyone as insurance against sudden meta leaps, and this is one of the events you'd need him for, if it were worth a damn. If you've got 1 cover, you're good. Might miss out on a tournament buff. Progression carrot: 3 4*s behind grinding every eight hours to the point you'd have to neglect your job/relationships/cat for five days. Not happening. Honestly, the hint is that it's THREE 4*s. They ain't making that easy, unless they screwed up and accidentally left the rubber band on full springiness. I noticed a low-hanging C.Storm I'll check the difficulty of reaching, since I actually want covers for her, but I don't see anything attainable beyond that worth the fuss.

Also, if you buckle up and grind your way through this like we (I) did Thick as Thieves, Demiurge's treasured data will just tell them you loved it. If only two psychos who really want those Wolvies and a gaggle of proud mid-level IM35 owners are playing, they might start to suspect something isn't working quite right.

I really want to know what the scaling is actually based off, though. Obfuscated systems just make me assume someone's doing something underhanded and want to pick them apart to see what.

Yeah... I'm pretty competitive myself, but I can't bring myself to grind this event. The worst part is that there aren't any subs or anything like that, so once you deplete the initial iso rewards, they're gone for good and so the only thing you're grinding for are the covers. Even if you do 1 full clear per reset, you can't even hit 30k points for the (useless) blue Daredevil cover.
  • Not sure what the scaling is like for everyone else but I started vs lvl 16 enemies them the 2nd fight with darken they were lvl 130 I died and I updated the client itself and I went back and he was back Dow to lvl 15 the rest has been lvl 15 to 25 I cleared the board at least once but I'm ahead of everyone by at least 1k it seems my entire bracket has been ****.

My highest available characters are lvl 117 spidey, 63 gsbw, and lvl 35 wolvie. DD only lvl 20. So ill what this all means.

Also I'm not grinding this event. I've always been and on and off player and don't have time. Usually I'm a top 100 finisher almost always top 5p in pve and I can tell you now grinding for 5 days won't get you anywhere near 30 for progression rewards not with the rating they are giving and especially not without rubberbanding from others because nobody wants to fight lvl 230. So not only is this hurting ppl getting higher levels but even those that aren't are not moving up anyway.

This event should just be cancelled and or post poned.
  • All my missions are sub lvl 20 across the board. Already racked up about 1400 points.
  • My starting mission was lvl 33, the second 150 and the third 230s. By the time I completed the second, the champs of the bracket shot at around 800 pts with their awesome single star roster. Dear sirs, I want your testers ' heads on a pike, NOW.

I thought it was heroic mode, not masochist mode. I do not really need an android game to kick myself in the nuts, I can do that in the old fashioned way should I want to.
  • all my missions were at 230 except the daken one where he is 230 and the goons are 185 and 186 respectively....all others are still 230s
  • elracing21 wrote:
    Not sure what the scaling is like for everyone else but I started vs lvl 16 enemies them the 2nd fight with darken they were lvl 130 I died and I updated the client itself and I went back and he was back Dow to lvl 15 the rest has been lvl 15 to 25 I cleared the board at least once but I'm ahead of everyone by at least 1k it seems my entire bracket has been ****.

My highest available characters are lvl 117 spidey, 63 gsbw, and lvl 35 wolvie. DD only lvl 20. So ill what this all means.

Also I'm not grinding this event. I've always been and on and off player and don't have time. Usually I'm a top 100 finisher almost always top 5p in pve and I can tell you now grinding for 5 days won't get you anywhere near 30 for progression rewards not with the rating they are giving and especially not without rubberbanding from others because nobody wants to fight lvl 230. So not only is this hurting ppl getting higher levels but even those that aren't are not moving up anyway.

This event should just be cancelled and or post poned.

Please no cancel, just topped 4400 points. Almost full clear 4x.