**** Miles Morales (Spider-Man) ****

Comments

• Azoth658 wrote:
    The more I think about Miles, the more I realise he will be incredibly useful in PVE. His purple and yellow enable you to keep those health pack uses to an absolute minimum as it only takes three matches to shield yourself then you can focus on matching web tiles for back up invisibility and use the low cost red to chip at the enemy's health whilst slowing countdown tiles and enemy AP generation.

Might be fun to play with but won't know until we get that free to use high cover version.
    When a character is invisible he never goes up front when matches tiles, so you would be saving packs on him but not on those who will stay on front.

If you want to really minimize pack usage go for something like Patch/Loki, Patch/LDaken, OML (even one yellow cover alredy helps a lot), Cage, X-23... basically, people who heal for true damage and Cage.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    So after you cast hide and seek, the power remains as surprise even if the invisible tile gets match, just tested it on the loaner node. Also it's harder that it looks to get that extra AP from the web tiles from his yellow/purple abilities, since they are on random colors.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    eidehua wrote:
    So after you cast hide and seek, the power remains as surprise even if the invisible tile gets match, just tested it on the loaner node. Also it's harder that it looks to get that extra AP from the web tiles from his yellow/purple abilities, since they are on random colors.

Was just about to post that myself. Very surprising to have an ability stay changed after the special tile disappears, but I guess it is because he web swung away.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just came into this thread to see if anyone else had seen this issue, it seems like a bug to me when other dual-mode powers do not work that way.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are two other types of dual abilities. Ant Man's and Vision's specify "while this tile is present, this power becomes...." OML and Phoenix have abilities that never return to their original text.

Miles purpleflag.png just toggles. If they wanted it to work like Ant Man, they had a fine template to use, so it stands to reason they didn't.

Of course, the latest pve event is full of grammatical errors, so maybe they did just screw up.
  • eidehua
    If you have more than 1 web tile in a match, you still only get 1 activation of the yellow ability.
  • notamutant
    It makes sense when you think about it. They don't want people spamming the web tile creation part of his purple. That could make his AP gains just cascade as more and more web tiles come out.
  • Acratin
    Acratin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I will say, he pairs quite nicely with Iron Fist and either Thoress or IMHB. Especially if Miles has 5 in his Yellow, thereby producing blue on each match. Thoress helps to spam web tiles with her charged, while web tiles help to produce stuns from Thoress Blue and Miles Red. The purple generation can be used for more web tiles and a big hit with surprise, or just the absurdly useful Iron Fist purpleflag.png that we all love. With IMHB, purple goes to black generation to use Overdrive while blue goes to IMHB's blueflag.png which also produces red. It's actually fairly nice AP generation!
  • eidehua
    After playing Miles a lot on the loaner node, I am not feeling so keen on relying on web tiles for ap generation, but rather it's a nice small bonus. The fact the web tiles are on random colors and having multiple in one match only counts one further slows down AP gain as compared to charged tiles on 4thor. Even with 8-10 ish web tiles out it is still fairly hard to get a lot of AP from them. So I'm thinking 5/3/5, since web tiles are hard to match, his purple will be doing pretty good damage.

(Until there is a really nice web tile generator in the future that places them on specific colors)
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    After trying out the loaner, I'm starting to lean a whole lot more toward 3/5/5 as I was getting a LOT of venom blasts off, but maybe one firing of surprise. Considering that using surprise requires almost triple the cost of venom blast with an extra 8 yellow on top to make it hit decently hard, I think VB is the better choice of the two. Even moreso if you've got him hanging out with a strike tile generator.
  • notamutant
    After trying out the loaner, I'm starting to lean a whole lot more toward 3/5/5 as I was getting a LOT of venom blasts off, but maybe one firing of surprise. Considering that using surprise requires almost triple the cost of venom blast with an extra 8 yellow on top to make it hit decently hard, I think VB is the better choice of the two. Even moreso if you've got him hanging out with a strike tile generator.

Actually, I think it is more clear that yellow stinks, and you are better off with 5/3/5. First off, it appears that if you destroy webtiles not through a direct match, you do not activate the passive (i.e. make a match 4 and destroy a webtile not in the match 4 and it won't activate the passive). So that right there makes yellow much less useful. Purple can do decent damage and potentially make Miles survive a match as the last character with some luck between his invisibility and stuns.
  • I just wanted his red to get a buff somewhere when a criteria was met, like 2 turn stun if 5+ Web tiles or while he's invisible. Or a damage boost of 33% instead on same condition.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Miles sucks. He's better than 3*Spiderman and 2*Cap, but he still sucks.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    It makes sense when you think about it. They don't want people spamming the web tile creation part of his purple. That could make his AP gains just cascade as more and more web tiles come out.

I think you are right notamutant. If this was a 6 cost ability and any web tile matches give you purple, this skill would just be insane, you would never want the invisibility tile out because you would have infinite ap
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:

Actually, I think it is more clear that yellow stinks, and you are better off with 5/3/5. First off, it appears that if you destroy webtiles not through a direct match, you do not activate the passive (i.e. make a match 4 and destroy a webtile not in the match 4 and it won't activate the passive). So that right there makes yellow much less useful. Purple can do decent damage and potentially make Miles survive a match as the last character with some luck between his invisibility and stuns.

agreed with 5/3/5. Obviously web tiles are key to Miles, and 3/5/5 gets you the least amount of them, you would be better going 4/4/5 over 3/5/5. You still get the benefit of red ap from yellow and more damage.

To me there are 2 builds

5/3/5

4/4/5

Anything else is suboptimal. 5/3/5 is pure dmg, 4/4/5 gives up some of that for extra red generation, but if you have a better outlet for yellow this becomes a weaker build. I plan on web swinging all day as 6 red is easy to ramp up to so no need for yellow past 3
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    eidehua wrote:
    If you have more than 1 web tile in a match, you still only get 1 activation of the yellow ability.

Ack, this is exactly what I came here to ask about. That seems wrong to me. I mean, looking at the wording, it's by design ("when a match that includes a web tile is made"), but I was hoping it worked more like charged tiles. It's not like they'd be interchangeable as only MM (so far) would provide that advantage.

Boo.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Despite the fact that they share all 3 colours, I'm kind of curious as to him being paired with Starlord. SL's yellow would typically take priority, and Miles' red would be a measly 4 AP with a 1 turn stun. Not top tier, but possibly super annoying and a health pack sink to fight.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still find it weird that Hide & Seek toggles with Surprise ignoring the Invisibility tile.

How is it a "Surprise" when he's visible? It makes sense that it's a surprise attack worth some serious damage when he's invisible because he's hiding. How does it make sense that he's standing there visable (because his invisibility tile has been destroyed) and is able to surprise anyone?
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    I still find it weird that Hide & Seek toggles with Surprise ignoring the Invisibility tile.

How is it a "Surprise" when he's visible? It makes sense that it's a surprise attack worth some serious damage when he's invisible because he's hiding. How does it make sense that he's standing there visable (because his invisibility tile has been destroyed) and is able to surprise anyone?

slap-o.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want to say that his icon looks like a crab.