Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• Quick question, some locked missions require you to defeat some "spies". What are these "spies" because I don't see any opponents labeled spies in my missions. Thanks.
  • There's Spies in Ghost of Russia's past. Yelena + 2 Spies.

I have decided, the purpose of this event is to gather data on how many people are willing to grind the left side of the map.
  • grifman wrote:
    Quick question, some locked missions require you to defeat some "spies". What are these "spies" because I don't see any opponents labeled spies in my missions. Thanks.

I think the spies are the snipers? I dunno. Maybe it's maggia spies. Who knows. There should be a label on some of those hammer or maggia as spy or spies. But my god, trying to beat those at lvl 230. jesus. I can barely kill 1.
  • grifman wrote:
    Quick question, some locked missions require you to defeat some "spies". What are these "spies" because I don't see any opponents labeled spies in my missions. Thanks.

There are spies on Ghost of Russia's Past, Critical Date (just one Spy), Futile Resistance and Pale Little Spider, that's all I have opened up right now.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if the points are going to ramp up on subsequent days: with there being 3k points per resetish, 50k points seems pretty damn hard to get.

You reckon there is only 3k?

You should be able to get 3 x mission score for every mission. 100% + 80% + 60% + 40% + 20%.

I can see 1200 points on the board and I still have 4 missions hidden.

So easily 4k per reset, hopefully closer to 5.
  • I so very much hope that I can at least get the blue spidey cover from the wolverine PVP event
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    I wonder if the points are going to ramp up on subsequent days: with there being 3k points per resetish, 50k points seems pretty damn hard to get.

You reckon there is only 3k?

You should be able to get 3 x mission score for every mission. 100% + 80% + 60% + 40% + 20%.

I can see 1200 points on the board and I still have 4 missions hidden.

So easily 4k per reset, hopefully closer to 5.

Ah, i guess my calculations wee incorrect. I dont think i can afford the time to full clear what im guessing will eventually be 16 missions x 5 = 80 missions every 8 hours (especially since the iso rewards dont reset), so im probably going to play this one pretty casually.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I had some sort of update come through this afternoon...I jumped into Heroic mode to see if the difficulty changed at all...It changed for one mission, Runaway vs a 102 Daken, 62 Pyro, and 62 Lieutenant. (this mission was previously 180, 102, 102 - I had lost it three times in a row) I was able to dispatch them by spamming Spidey's stun (the only way to compete). I checked the rest of the missions and they are all at levels 150 or above. This is going to be tough sledding with the top guy and his **** roster already at 1884. I wish I had a **** roster right now, that seems to be the recipe for success.
  • Please fix this. A game should be fun for "ALL" involved. I'd rather you just stopped the event, fix it and restart it even if i have to wait a week. Worse way, call it a bust, unlock all characters and let people have fun.
  • Still crossing my fingers they unlock hulk or captain A before leaving for the weekend. Haha
  • I had some hope seeing IceX saying they found the problem but now it seems I am stuck just like you guys. I was waiting to start the event because they were around 110 lvl, couple hours later 75ish. Now I just tried and they were level 25. Did the first two missions (second was 50ish lvl) now all the open ones are level 230. ughhhh.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    They may be fine-tuning the not so fine algorithm
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Things I learned tonight: L230 Yelena with 2 purple-generating 10k-health spies should be the mega-villain of the next Avengers movie! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Broke ranks and bought my way to 5 blue Spidey - prolonged the game for about 50-60 turns, but since she'd already killed Grey Widow with a single Payback Mission (snuck up on me while I was focused on Spy Attacks) all that did was whittle her health down 33% or so.
  • evilspyre wrote:
    (from locked thread) The scaling is still broken IMO. The scaling needs to be based on the level of the available characters not the level of all characters. There is no way that the none dark avenger fights should still be level 230 on the right hand side of the event map when I have such wimpy available characters for the event.
    I see no issue with there being a bunch of 230 missions - heroic mode is meant to be exceptionally difficult. No more than a few hundred people would be able to do them, and most of them wouldn't want to, but if that's the challenge level Demiurge wants to go with, fair enough. They're hardly going to make it easy to get to progression awards with three 4*s at the end. I question whether people should be running the same missions at 80 or 120 or whatever for the same points. 230s with these roster limitations are exactly as implausible for me to clear as for Joe IM35, so why am I being presented with them?

Well, there is a problem of sorts: the only tactic anyone actually has for doing these is "Spider-Man stun-locks everything or you lose". The only tactic most people managed for Thick as Thieves was "Spider-Man stun-locks everything or you lose". I vaguely recall the favored tactic in The Hunt: Ares was "unbuffed Spider-Man stun-locks Ares or you lose". That isn't a tactic, it's a long-acknowledged bug that still hasn't been fixed. It's obviously what people do now because it's the easiest option, but there might be a need to review difficulty levels if it's really all that works. It probably isn't, though - I found Patch & Loki easy enough in TaT, level 25 Loki and all. But why mess with that when you can have Spider-Man stun-lock everything, or you lose?
  • Nemek wrote:
    All three of GSBW's abilities eliminate countdown tiles.

Hey, Nemek: I've never actually used my GSBW (she's lvl 18, 0/1/1), but your comment got me curious. Do you get to pick the tiles with her abilities? They're not just random? If so, that's huge. I'm going to try Ghost of Russia's Past with her right now. Thanks for the tip!

And generally: I've been having pretty good luck with Modern Black Widow. I only have one blue cover for my Spider-Man, so her stun, though more expensive, is much more useful to me. The hardest part is guessing which enemy the countdown tile belongs to. There's a note right there, devs: add in a way to see which enemy goes with which countdown tile, please!
  • I wonder if the points are going to ramp up on subsequent days: with there being 3k points per resetish, 50k points seems pretty damn hard to get.

Don't think so.

I don't have either the under or over-leveled bug (somehow) and have unlocked all of the missions except for the last one "Time For Some Answers".

I think the final one pays out 200 points, as Imposters Assemble is 150. (Don't think I can overcome 120 * Yelena + Daken + Moonstone without a strong Spidey.)

Given that I have completed each round exactly once, and with the assumption on the final mission payout, 1 run on each mission equals 1640 points.

With a 20% deduction per run, you get 1640 + 1312 + 984 + 656 + 328 = 4920 per run. (Disregarding 1 point runs)

Times 3 runs a day (assuming 8 hour refreshes), 4920 * 3 = 14760 per day.

Times 5 days + 1 refresh = (14760 * 5) + 4920 = 78720!!

So, I am really unsure that the refresh timer is only 8 hours here.

That being said, as usual, a **large** chunk of points ( 80 + 150 + 200 ) = 430 + 344 + 258 + 172 + 86 = 1290 per run, 3870 per day, 20640 for the event, locked off if you did not win a Daredevil in the Thick as Thieves event, or buy/win one from the Oscorp Assault Packs.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    wathombe wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

Hey, Nemek: I've never actually used my GSBW (she's lvl 18, 0/1/1), but your comment got me curious. Do you get to pick the tiles with her abilities? They're not just random? If so, that's huge. I'm going to try Ghost of Russia's Past with her right now. Thanks for the tip!

And generally: I've been having pretty good luck with Modern Black Widow. I only have one blue cover for my Spider-Man, so her stun, though more expensive, is much more useful to me. The hardest part is guessing which enemy the countdown tile belongs to. There's a note right there, devs: add in a way to see which enemy goes with which countdown tile, please!

With her green, she destroys like 20 tiles or something, you get to pick the center (it's fewer tiles below level 5). With her red, you get to pick two locations to destroy 6 tiles each (I'm not sure if I remember what happens after lvl 3 red). With her purple, you pick 6 places to put green tiles - generally, you can do a match-4 in a good spot to wipe a tile or two out.
  • Only grey suit black widows red powers can shoot down any enemy tiles. Purple power makes green tiles out of normals and green power shoots more tiles. Oh well i guess that means 2 of her powers can get rid of tiles. It's just that the whole team takes SO MUCH damage from maxxed out dakken. They even have you use weird **** characters. I want to be able to use IM40 for example. Any tips for how to get through this?
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    I don't have a blue cover for spidey and did well in all the events before. Sadly I also only have 2 covers for GBW
    This one just doesn't seem to work without him. I could use black widows stun, if I manage to get enough AP in time, but since you can't tell which tile belongs to which goon... well good luck stunning the right one.
    So basically this event is only meant for people with a blue spidey to do well.

Whatever algorithm they're using to calculate the enemy strength based on your roster, it's still flawed and unbalanced. And this is never anything a developer should strife for, to alienate half of their user base... but it seems that's a skill they've mastered in the past week

Usually I'm pretty lenient when it comes to bugs, since I'm a programmer myself. Also have endurance working through hard games or grind a lot... but this simply is just frustrating... especially being taunted by the top guys having a roster that you can build in a few days

Sadly I'm too competetive for my own good sometimes... I should just accept and let this event pass on me -.-
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Nemek wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

With her green, she destroys like 20 tiles or something, you get to pick the center (it's fewer tiles below level 5). With her red, you get to pick two locations to destroy 6 tiles each (I'm not sure if I remember what happens after lvl 3 red). With her purple, you pick 6 places to put green tiles - generally, you can do a match-4 in a good spot to wipe a tile or two out.

Her red at level 3 fires two shots, at level 4 it fires three shots but also costs 15 AP...She can do some damage, but it's costly. I would always pair her with Wolverine and spam his green until they nerfed it. I actually never used Thor with Wolverine...it was always GSBW and Wolvie.