discarding from hand

Unknown
edited February 2016 in MtGPQ Tips & Guides
So I know this has probably been discussed before but I can't find it..can someone tell me how I can discard a card from my hand? It is really irritating when my hand is full of cards that I can't use thanks!!

Comments

• There is no option at the moment. Hopefully they will implement something to discard...
  • void
    void Posts: 65
    fiendclub wrote:
    So I know this has probably been discussed before but I can't find it..can someone tell me how I can discard a card from my hand? It is really irritating when my hand is full of cards that I can't use thanks!!

Plenty of creature, support and spell cards have the ability to both cycle your deck and discard cards outright. I don't think adding the option to discard at will would do the game much good as bad draws are part of any card game and having a handful of trash is a symptom of failed deck building more than anything.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    fiendclub wrote:
    If you are getting stuck in the position where every single card in your hand cannot be used at any given time, that is a flaw with your deck building moreso than the game.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or a symptom of some of the better blue supports. It's one thing to never be able to cast the cards in your hand, but when those cards never even change, there's no point to continuing a match.
  • thanks for all the people trying to show there size by saying its due to bad deck building lol.... the only reason this interests me is because my hand is interefering with finishing some of the higher lvl challenges for story mode... is cast 8 spells, when i have a hand full of creatures and the opponent has 5 health and i dont feel like just beating him and starting over when i have already cast 6 spells and only need 2 more, i dont have an issue with my deck if my goal is to win thanks for the idiotic remarks though lol... besides this game has less to do with deck building than some of you magic purists may lead yourself to believe
  • BlackSheep101
    For the Cast X Spells/Supports challenges, I did have to customize my deck to avoid the situation you're describing. Usually I go with Jace, and only bring the sword djinn and star fish. Slow and steady until you meet the requirement, then start dropping whatever you can to finish things off. Occasionally I'd bounce or confuse my own creatures to slow things down.
  • void
    void Posts: 65
    fiendclub wrote:
    the only reason this interests me is because my hand is interefering with finishing some of the higher lvl challenges for story mode... is cast 8 spells, when i have a hand full of creatures and the opponent has 5 health and i dont feel like just beating him and starting over when i have already cast 6 spells and only need 2 more
    Fine solution for such problem would be to add more spells to your deck or maybe casting them before your opponent is at 5 hp. Some story mode objectives require tweaking your deck or multiple attempts, simple as that. Jace being able to lock your hand for multiple turns in a row is an issue, hand size and the inability to discard at-will aren't.
  • lol its funny how all i did was asked if anyone knew if there was a discard feature im missing out on... instead i get all these repsonses from smartasses acting like they are some MTG wizard giving me advice i dont need nor asked for... like dont you think i have already tweaked my deck and put in the max spells and minimum creatures my lol people are idiots
  • Blahahah
    fiendclub wrote:
    lol its funny how all i did was asked if anyone knew if there was a discard feature im missing out on... instead i get all these repsonses from smartasses acting like they are some MTG wizard giving me advice i dont need nor asked for... like dont you think i have already tweaked my deck and put in the max spells and minimum creatures my lol people are idiots

Thats... a really bad deck plan. Spells are situational and cause clog if you aren't playing lilianna. Minions can usually be shipped out and don't get stuck.
  • BlackSheep101
    Blahahah wrote:
    fiendclub wrote:
    lol its funny how all i did was asked if anyone knew if there was a discard feature im missing out on... instead i get all these repsonses from smartasses acting like they are some MTG wizard giving me advice i dont need nor asked for... like dont you think i have already tweaked my deck and put in the max spells and minimum creatures my lol people are idiots

Thats... a really bad deck plan. Spells are situational and cause clog if you aren't playing lilianna. Minions can usually be shipped out and don't get stuck.
    When you're gunning for a "Cast X Spells" objective on an early story mode battle, it's the tactic you need to adopt in order to avoid killing your opponent before managing to fire off the requisite number of spells.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah wrote:
    fiendclub wrote:

When you're gunning for a "Cast X Spells" objective on an early story mode battle, it's the tactic you need to adopt in order to avoid killing your opponent before managing to fire off the requisite number of spells.

Hmm... I see.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find this to be a problem when attempting to use Jace's Ingenuity ability, because a full hand means that the ability fizzles. I had to stop using Jhessian Thief in my deck because of it.
  • Shiser
    Shiser Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    madwren wrote:
    I find this to be a problem when attempting to use Jace's Ingenuity ability, because a full hand means that the ability fizzles. I had to stop using Jhessian Thief in my deck because of it.

This.
    Totally! Yes! So many of his creatures and spells have card draw tacked on to them, between gathering enough ability points and having a relevant spell+situation to recur, I'm very lucky to not be at 6 in hand. At best I manage to use it once per game-- and then most of the time casting the recurred spell draws you a card and fills up the space you'd need to recur the card a second time. *sigh*
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    fiendclub wrote:
    Just to answer the original question: this is now possible during a game and it wasn't before. Just move a card to the trash can (like re-ordering).
  • raidan
    raidan Posts: 128
    loroku wrote:
    fiendclub wrote:
    Just to answer the original question: this is now possible during a game and it wasn't before. Just move a card to the trash can (like re-ordering).

Just be warned, sometimes it's better to keep your hand full when facing Jace, even if you have undesired cards. If you see Jace has a card about 70% full of mana, it's usually best to wait to prevent bounce.