Elektra's Shadow Step works while she's stunned?

JVReal
JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ Character Discussion
I was going to ask this in her character thread, but it's locked for some reason.

I was playing DDQ Big Enchilada, and Elektra cast her Shadow Step, I stunned her for 5 turns with Scarlet Witch and she still was not taking damage. How can she shadow step when she is stunned? Is this a glitch?

Didn't know if I should put this in bugs, or characters, or general...

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Traps continue to operate even when the character that created them is stunned. It's been pointed out before, so I guess it's intended behavior? Doesn't make much sense to me that Electra can dodge or do her ballet thing and Daredevil can attack from the shadows while stunned.

Anyone know if Ant Man's purple creates attack tiles while he's stunned?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Traps continue to operate even when the character that created them is stunned. It's been pointed out before, so I guess it's intended behavior? Doesn't make much sense to me that Electra can dodge or do her ballet thing and Daredevil can attack from the shadows while stunned.

No it doesn't because any character countdown tiles are stunned with the character.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I view traps like landmines. you set a landmine and get knocked out - landmine still works, right? the protect nature of Elektra's traps don't really make sense with that analogy, but I lump all traps into the landmine example.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards

No it doesn't because any character countdown tiles are stunned with the character.
    icon_antman.pngpurpleflag.png creates a trap tile, not a countdown. My guess would be that it doesn't create attack tiles because it's implemented as a passive triggered at the start of your turn by the presence of the trap.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards

icon_antman.pngpurpleflag.png creates a trap tile, not a countdown. My guess would be that it doesn't create attack tiles because it's implemented as a passive triggered at the start of your turn by the presence of the trap.

Woops my mistake. My apologies for the false info, got confused with ants,ants ants
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    In that case I'll put it in the bugs section. I won't open a ticket unless they direct me to, but based on what the ability is (not how it operates) it should not function when she is stunned. So if they have to code around it for her, so be it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    The ability isn't going to change. If anything, they would change the text of the ability to something that says that she creates a trap that causes attackers to damage themselves instead of her. That way, the trap can still function if she's stunned. They won't do that either though.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    pretty sure the response will be working as intended.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Traps activate even when their owners are stunned or downed. Shadow Step is really that good.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    Traps activate even when their owners are stunned or downed. Shadow Step is really that good.

Traps are "disarmed" by the game when their opponent is downed, so they won't function. Still, they do function when the owner is stunned. I don't really see a problem with this - traps are seriously limited in function already.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    As long as character is alive traps work. If you activate DareDevil's Ambush while he's stunned it still goes off. Same with Fury's.

What I want to know is that unless Elektra was last woman standing, why were you attacking a 5 turn stunned character and not the active one's? icon_razz.gif