**** Miles Morales (Spider-Man) ****

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Worst 4* apart from Devil Dino in my opinion.
    Allow me to introduce you to Eddie Brock...
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Deadpooool wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    This power becomes Hide & Seek.
    Level 3: No upgrade

Huh?

They finally realized every good build is 5-5-3, so they are forcing people to make decisions. I would do it by making every ability have a big jump at 4 covers and a big jump at 5 covers, but this is at least a step in the right direction... they just need to stop making one power so obviously less powerful.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Worst 4* apart from Devil Dino in my opinion.
    Allow me to introduce you to Eddie Brock...

Eddie Brock Venom has one of the best yellows in the game. Miles has nothing.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    babinro wrote:
    On a causal front he should be able to trigger Venom's Devour skill easily. Miles/SW/Venom vs that boosted solo hulk pve node? yes please, lol.

They nerfed 1* Venom's Devour clause, so don't get too excited. It takes 2 more web tiles to trigger and just does triple damage instead of downing the opponent.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    ErikPeter wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    On a causal front he should be able to trigger Venom's Devour skill easily. Miles/SW/Venom vs that boosted solo hulk pve node? yes please, lol.

They nerfed 1* Venom's Devour clause, so don't get too excited. It takes 2 more web tiles to trigger and just does triple damage instead of downing the opponent.

Okay, that silent HUGE nerf is complete ****.
  • simonsez
    Eddie Brock Venom has one of the best yellows in the game. Miles has nothing.
    At least he doesn't have an ability that helps your opponent more than it helps you.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    colwag wrote:
    7 AP for 4 Web Tiles?

Venom's gonna have some snacks with Miles' help, that's for sure...

Does Venom's Devour TU instakill with sufficient web tiles on the board?

That'll teach me to open my big mouth.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    elusive wrote:
    Does his art look... off to any of you? I think it's the proportions. Maybe the legs. And is it bad that I tend to judge the characters on artwork more than abilities?

Seems about right for a 13-yo kid. For sure, it's worlds better than Invisible Woman, whose proportions are way, way off.
  • simonsez
    colwag wrote:
    7 AP for 4 Web Tiles?

Venom's gonna have some snacks with Miles' help, that's for sure...

Does Venom's Devour TU instakill with sufficient web tiles on the board?

That'll teach me to open my big mouth.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHZmP15rs0
  • I don't think I've seen this asked yet, but how does Mile's Purple Power interact with IW and PX's Invis tokens? If one of those characters has one out, does it immediately make his Purple Surprise?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think I've seen this asked yet, but how does Mile's Purple Power interact with IW and PX's Invis tokens? If one of those characters has one out, does it immediately make his Purple Surprise?

Very interesting question. No idea, this is the first invisibility power that changes once the tile is no the board, but probably not.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think I've seen this asked yet, but how does Mile's Purple Power interact with IW and PX's Invis tokens? If one of those characters has one out, does it immediately make his Purple Surprise?

A really good question. I had a look and it doesn't look like PX's invisibility tile is a specific colour like IW, as I was going to suggest it might be that purple invisibility tiles turn Miles purple to surprise.

If it does stack then the teams might change slightly if you could fire Surprise more often.
  • The wording of Surprise! makes it sound like it only triggers off Miles owned invisibility tiles. Xavier's is owned and targeted by himself, and Invisible Woman's can target him, but will still be owned by her.
  • Azoth658
    The wording of Surprise! makes it sound like it only triggers off Miles owned invisibility tiles. Xavier's is owned and targeted by himself, and Invisible Woman's can target him, but will still be owned by her.

Ah now that makes sense it is probably coded something like purple invisibility targeting Miles.
  • Part of "hide and seek" is what changes the power to surprise!, so even if IW targets Miles and he becomes invisible I think the power wouldnt change. And yes, PX invisibility tile is always purple.
  • Polares
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Part of "hide and seek" is what changes the power to surprise!, so even if IW targets Miles and he becomes invisible I think the power wouldnt change. And yes, PX invisibility tile is always purple.

Yeah you are right, It is casting the power what makes it change to "Surprise" not having an invisibility tile on the board.

A pitty though it could have helped Spidey cast surprise more often...
  • Azoth658
    The more I think about Miles, the more I realise he will be incredibly useful in PVE. His purple and yellow enable you to keep those health pack uses to an absolute minimum as it only takes three matches to shield yourself then you can focus on matching web tiles for back up invisibility and use the low cost red to chip at the enemy's health whilst slowing countdown tiles and enemy AP generation.

Might be fun to play with but won't know until we get that free to use high cover version.
  • Polares
    One, I think, very important question. Does surprise remove the web tiles?

It doesn't seem so, but I don't know why I supposed it did (I guess I assumed it worked like web bandages). If it doesn't consume them, then Surprise is quite better, the number of web tiles can grow between casts and it can do some serious damage (maybe more than the 4hor combo!).

This one is trickier to max, 5 at purple seems a must so the first cast is just 6 and produces 5 web tiles. Then yellow would be nice to have it at least at 4, so at least it produces purple and red, and red at 5 I think is a good power, but less than 5 is quite meh (damage scales A LOT from 4 to 5, a 200% which is not that usual, normally is more like 150-170%). I thought 5/3/5 was the best one, but maybe 5/4/4 can be good, or just use red for the cheap stun and go 5/5/3.

Yellow is still the big unknown, I am still undecided how good it can be, one web tile for 3AP seems quite good, but the AP is for 3 different colors and you still need to match the tile...

The only interesting use of yellow at five is 3 Spidey, because if you cast yellow every web tiles gives you blue that you can use to stun an produce more web tiles. And the stun will always be 3 turns because of the high number of tiles on the board.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    and you still need to match the tile....

Or the AI, the tile just has to get matched, not by you.

From all I can see, his purple does not remove web tiles

As is, I'm torn between 4/4/5 and 5/3/5.

5/3/5
    Pros
    1828 more base dmg on purple
    Purple costs 6
    5 web tiles created

Cons
    yellow only makes purple
    yellow only creates 3 tiles

4/4/5
    Pros
    yellow gets you red
    yellow makes 4 web tiles
    Cons
    Less dmg on purple
    Purple costs 7
    Purple makes only 4 tiles

Crunching some of his numbers, his red is about on par with Deadpools in terms of dmg to AP ratio. 5/5/3 puts out the most possible web tiles with 8, both 4/4/5 and 5/3/5 pump out 7, 3/5/5 only generates 5. Since his yellow relies on web tiles for it's strength, going 3/5/5 is dumb since you cut the number of tiles you can possibly make so as I see it now, 3/5/5 is the worst build.

Now since Miles can't use blue, and I really don't see Miles being a support character, I don't like 5 in yellow. To me Miles is like Daken, he wears you down and annoys, so he's more of a brawler. Now when not boosted I don't see much of a difference between Miles purple dmg between level 4 and 5, but when boosted it's huge, so that all but solidifies me into 5 purple. So I then look is red with keeping low to make it go faster? Nope. Thus 5/3/5 is the way to go. A 6 AP ability isn't going to suffer much without getting red AP on the occasional web tile match, but purple does, and I get that at level 1 yellow, thus yellow accelerates the skill I need.

Not to mention I have Cyclops and Hulk Buster as red engines anyway, don't really need a third that isn't reliable.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Scarlet witch + Miles is going to keep dishing out strong damage with Mile's purple, and both miles and scarlet witch help refuel purple. Compared to 4thor, the first cast of surprise will do more damage (since hide and seek gives you 5 web tiles guarenteed), but i don't feel mile's can ramp up as much as 4thor- his web tiles only give him 1 purple each, 4thor gives 3 for each charge tiles. So while Miles damage isn't going to grow like crazy once you control the board, I think it could be more consistent big damage.