Magic PQ Update Brings New Cards!

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited December 2015 in MtGPQ General Discussion
MtGPQ fans!

If you'd like to feast your eyes on the eight new cards just added to Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest you'll want to head over to the D3 Go! blog today.

Clash of Wills? Dreadwaters? A new Trap mechanic? You can READ ABOUT IT HERE.

Quote:
"– Tainted Remedy (Rare) – Black, Support, 15 Cost, Trap 3 Black: Each Creature you control gains 1 life and each Creature your opponent controls takes 1 damage.

– Woodland Bellower (Mythic) – Green, 8/7 Creature, 20 Cost, When this Creature enters the battlefield, move the next Green Creature from your library to your hand. That Creature gains 6 mana."

Comments

• Enoc99
    Enoc99 Posts: 141
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how are new cards distributed to the community? Do they have to be pulled in packs like any other card?

Or will there be a method in the future to earn specific cards?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So black is getting a grave mist lite?
  • void
    void Posts: 65
    Options
    You can pull back the patch guys, losing Priest of the Blood Rite would sting a bit but it'd be worth it just so I never have to look at Tainted Remedy again.
  • Sooooo, how does Trap work?
  • void
    Options
    ecoKady wrote:
    Sooooo, how does Trap work?
    When played, the card will spawn Trap tiles on the board that will trigger the effect if your opponent uses them in a clear, think of it as reverse Activate.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also they can't see the Trap tiles.
  • void
    Options
    Also they can't see the Trap tiles.
    That's what they say but the AI seems really keen to gun straight for the tiles trapped by my Priest of the Blood Rite to deal 2 damage to my face.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Question... If say all of the black were already taken by other things (say theres a small amount of black and they were already trapped, or only 2 were open) do the traps overwrite other tile changes?
  • void
    Options
    At least with Tainted Remedy even though the card text reads Trap 3 black the card activates 3 completely random tiles so unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate the board state you were after.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Well I was more referring to like...
    Stacking 2 of those trap 5s
  • void
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm still misunderstanding but in the case of Priest of the Blood Rite that traps 5 tiles with negative effects stacking those creatures does not cause extra trap tiles to spawn, same thing with Remedy. Though I've seen in some matches my Priest spawn the traps twice in one turn but that was due to some odd probably bugged interaction with other effects on board.

Basically at start of your turn every trap card in play checks the board state for the amount of it's traps in play, if the number is less than the one in the card text it spawns more, if not nothing happens.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    can anybody explain Tainted Remedy to me?

how do i activate the effect? i dont get the "trap 3 black"...
  • void
    Options
    When you play Tainted Remedy the card traps 3 tiles on the board, then if your opponent uses one of those tiles in a clear the trap effect triggers. In this case creatures you control gain 1 life and creatures your opponent controls take 1 damage. It's not very good at all.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    so i cant control when i want it... its up to my opponent to decide if he wants to clear the trapped gems?

the opponent see the trapped gems?
  • void
    Options
    Exactly, you have no control over when the trap triggers.

According to the devs your opponent cannot see the trapped tiles but based on my personal experience playing with 3 different trap cards the AI rarely if ever triggers the ones that harm the opponent (eg. Tainted Remedy) yet almost always go straight for the ones that harm the player (eg. Priest of the Blood Rite) so take that as you will.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opponents don't see the trapped gems.

If the traps are all randomly placed, there's nothing the opponent can do about them. If they're placed all on a particular color, it can scare a human opponent away from matching that color.
  • void
    Options
    No trap card places traps on a certain colour.